• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers OFFICIALLY DONE until Jim Buss is gone

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know enough about you to know that the purpose of this thread is to deflect from the embarrassment of what the Mavs have been doing.

the Mavs are what Colin Cowherd used to call a "dumpster fire". folks talk about how bad it is out here to get free agents, but it seems to be WORSE out there...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Should be" lol. How many more seasons do we get to hear this gem?

Considering where they were when the CP3 trade was vetoed and the Dwight/Nash deal blew up, I think "should be in a couple of years" is fine.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know enough about you to know that the purpose of this thread is to deflect from the embarrassment of what the Mavs have been doing.

LMAO! Deflect? NOBODY here is even discussing the Mavs, WHY would I need to deflect???

If you are incapable of having this discussion, there are easier ways to just say so.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked that the laker fans on here don't agree with this thread.

I think Jimmah is a dolt, but he isn't to blame for Mozgov (that was a Walton/Shaw signing). I'd rather not get meetings with guys who aren't going to leave their teams (Whiteside, Durant). Teams like Dallas are being used to drive up the offers and will be left with nothing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Mavs are what Colin Cowherd used to call a "dumpster fire". folks talk about how bad it is out here to get free agents, but it seems to be WORSE out there...

Lakers should offer their remaining cap space to Dirk. They could use a stretch four...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO! Deflect? NOBODY here is even discussing the Mavs, WHY would I need to deflect???

If you are incapable of having this discussion, there are easier ways to just say so.

Why don't you want to talk about the Mavs? Too embarrassing to know that all they have left is a 38 year old Nowitzki?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Deng signing. Can play the 3 and small ball 4, strong influence on the kids, consistent effort.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Deng signing. Can play the 3 and small ball 4, strong influence on the kids, consistent effort.

exactly what i'm liking about this signing too. may be on the down side a bit but the guy can STILL play, and more importantly, teach...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering where they were when the CP3 trade was vetoed and the Dwight/Nash deal blew up, I think "should be in a couple of years" is fine.

Add the ramifications of the last CBA and the limitations of an aging Kobe, they aren't in such a bad position currently.

In reality they did not intentionally get to this position though. They tried to field 8th seed competitive teams these last few seasons. The results (record seasons of futility) did not match their intentions. Essentially, you can argue that the rebuild started this summer with Kobe retiring and the hiring of a new coach.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add the ramifications of the last CBA and the limitations of an aging Kobe, they aren't in such a bad position currently.

In reality they did not intentionally get to this position though. They tried to field 8th seed competitive teams these last few seasons. The results (record seasons of futility) did not match their intentions. Essentially, you can argue that the rebuild started this summer with Kobe retiring and the hiring of a new coach.

Agree. Especially with the bold.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you want to talk about the Mavs? Too embarrassing to know that all they have left is a 38 year old Nowitzki?

There isn't a single Mavs thread on this board. I'm not embarrassed in the slightest. This thread is about the LAKERS, WHY would ANYONE want to discuss the Mavs?

Oh yeah to DEFLECT from how embarrassed they are at the Lakers signing Mozgov!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a single Mavs thread on this board. I'm not embarrassed in the slightest. This thread is about the LAKERS, WHY would ANYONE want to discuss the Mavs?

Oh yeah to DEFLECT from how embarrassed they are at the Lakers signing Mozgov!

Awww, somebodies upset that his troll thread got derailed. Guess you'll just have to wallow in the embarrassment of what's become of the Mavs.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww, somebodies upset that his troll thread got derailed. Guess you'll just have to wallow in the embarrassment of what's become of the Mavs.

Derailed? You're STILL POSTING IN IT.

LMAO at YOU.

Son, I was a Mavs fan when our best player was Sean Rooks. SEAN ROOKS. When our starting PG was Mike Iuzzolino. NOTHING they do or don't do embarrasses me.

Nice try though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derailed? You're STILL POSTING IN IT.

LMAO at YOU.

Son, I was a Mavs fan when our best player was Sean Rooks. SEAN ROOKS. When our starting PG was Mike Iuzzolino. NOTHING they do or don't do embarrasses me.

Nice try though.

Yep. Derailed. Took it off of the trolling you were attempting to do and put it on the embarrassment of the Mavs. That's the definition of derailed.

:lol: @Son.

Son, I've been a Lakers fan since 1970 and can remember when our center was an ancient Zelmo Beatty.

Heck, there were a couple of seasons where my favorite Laker was Elmore "The Rejector" Smith.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he WANTS to hear Lakers(maybe ANY fans) fans pouring out doom and gloom on this thread. that's clearly obvious...

ah well, can't always get what you want...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got exactly what I wanted.

Realism from SOME fans, and comedy from the homers.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Derailed. Took it off of the trolling you were attempting to do and put it on the embarrassment of the Mavs. That's the definition of derailed.

:lol: @Son.

Son, I've been a Lakers fan since 1970 and can remember when our center was an ancient Zelmo Beatty.

Heck, there were a couple of seasons where my favorite Laker was Elmore "The Rejector" Smith.

same here. '70 was when I started following 'em. been a long time...

anyways, let's just cut to the chase here. do I AGREE with the signing? not totally. but as I've stated before with opt out clauses it isn't that bad. helps that Kobe's money is off the books as well. Deng signing in my opinion is a good one too...

but as far as this being the reason for despair and embarrassment in Lakerland? please...

oh wait, Jim Buss is just gonna fuck it all up...at least according to someone...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got exactly what I wanted.

Realism from SOME fans, and comedy from the homers.

Translation: "Lakers haters going along with me, and Lakers fans trying to shed a little light on the subject"

sorry, but i'll say it again. no reason for me to believe this move is a total fail until I see the results on the court. but hey, you're 100% sure Jim'll blow this, right? guess time'll tell...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at you idiots. Mozgov putting up a double double? This is just "market rate"???

GTFOH.

Mozgov is a body......that's about it. You OVERPAID, and badly, for a guy NOBODY was pursuing!

This was a HORRIBLE move, no matter how you slice it.

2 short seasons ago he averaged 15ppg and 9rpg against the Warriors in the Finals (including a game where he scored 28 and grabbed 10 rebounds). He''s not just a body, you dumb ass. Give him 32-33mpg and he'll put up 10-12ppg, 8-9rpg, and 2bpg.

Book it.