• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers OFFICIALLY DONE until Jim Buss is gone

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at you idiots. Mozgov putting up a double double? This is just "market rate"???

GTFOH.

Mozgov is a body......that's about it. You OVERPAID, and badly, for a guy NOBODY was pursuing!

This was a HORRIBLE move, no matter how you slice it.

Meanwhile, in Dallas, Mark Cuban is about to lose another solid player or 2 in order to make room for a max FA who, once again, isn't coming.

I'm sure you think that's a smart move.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes w/o saying really, but the Lakers have fallen. Every dynasty falls at some point...just the way of sports...how long you stay down depends on how well you draft...period.

Maybe people forget...but the core of most every dynasty is drafted...Kareem wanted out of Wisc and got his wish via a trade, but Magic, Worthy, B. Scott, Cooper, Kobe were all draft picks, much like Duncan, Parker, Ginobli...MJ & Scotty.

Shaq bounced around to get his rings, but if no Kobe or D Wade, he still wouldn't have one....The Heat caught lightening in a bottle.

I've said before...the Lakers are going to be down for a minute...if they indeed hit on the young players, by '18 season, they should be at least contending in the west again, then it makes sense to the top tier FAs to seriously consider the Lakers again.

Agree 100%. The "land a bunch of top FA's and go win titles" method rarely works. Even the success the Heat had was a mixed bag. Sure they made 4 straight finals and won back to back titles, but they also lost twice and were within 1 Ray Allen 3 of being 1-3 in those finals.

Draft and develop young guys, then get a couple of FA's to fill in the rest as needed.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a Portland fan, I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss at least a competitive Lakers franchise. It's good for the NBA when the Lakers are competitive.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a Portland fan, I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss at least a competitive Lakers franchise. It's good for the NBA when the Lakers are competitive.

Should be back in a couple of seasons, then you can go back to hating them.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. They must be banking on their youth and draft players because it is shocking that not even some of the top Free Agents this year wanted to speak with them.

But it is LA and all it takes is one superstar to be sold on the Lakers and they can be back instantly.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, in Dallas, Mark Cuban is about to lose another solid player or 2 in order to make room for a max FA who, once again, isn't coming.

I'm sure you think that's a smart move.

I'm sure you know nothing about me. Not once on these boards have I ever said Dallas was making quality moves.

This thread isn't about Dallas. It's about how BAD a move this is for the Lakers. This is about how bad for the Lakers Jim Buss is.

The Lakers will never be competitive again as long as HE is involved.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fan of Jim Buss so far but they are in better shape then the Mavericks. There is some young talent on the Lakers which is more then I can say for the Mavs. Have a great night. Peace.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after seeing the opt-outs after the 2rd and fourth seasons I can live with the deal a little bit better...

but DO keep harping...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after seeing the opt-outs after the 2rd and fourth seasons I can live with the deal a little bit better...

where were the opt outs reported? i have been looking but cant find an article that details them...kinda interested. the articles i have read said its still unknown the exact details at this time.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Least the Lakers didn't pay 153 million for one player -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just two days into the talks and they have made Kobe's contract look small

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I believe Jimmy Buss to be incompetent, I don't think the problem is all on 1 person. The Lakers front office is completely dysfunctional at the moment. Until they tighten things up, they will not be an attractive free agent destination.

Talented young players, history, and The bright lights of LA are all strong positives, but complete and utter lack of faith in management trumps it all in the mind of potential signees.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oops, meant 3rd and 4th. but yes, opt outs have been reported on the contract which would make this deal a bit more palatable...

as some have debated, more than likely a lot of the intent is to school up Zubac, who's said to be a first round talent that dropped to the second round in the draft. maybe it ain't a great deal, but might not be as bad as first perceived...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Should be" lol. How many more seasons do we get to hear this gem?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clarkson move was good. But there's a LOT of assumption that your young players are going to be future studs. Ask Philly....that's not a given by ANY means.

I still can't believe this was the best FA move they thought they could make. HOW is Mozgov your first phone call???

That's an indictment on whoever made that decision, and I'd bet the farm it was Jim Buss. That guy is RUINING a great franchise. I have ZERO faith in the Lakers youth growing into a solid core......Jim will FIND a way to fuck this up.

I just can't believe the Lakers and the Knicks have both fallen this far. Neither team being competitive is just weird to me as a kid growing up in the 80s watching these teams play routinely.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you know nothing about me. Not once on these boards have I ever said Dallas was making quality moves.

This thread isn't about Dallas. It's about how BAD a move this is for the Lakers. This is about how bad for the Lakers Jim Buss is.

The Lakers will never be competitive again as long as HE is involved.

I know enough about you to know that the purpose of this thread is to deflect from the embarrassment of what the Mavs have been doing.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clarkson move was good. But there's a LOT of assumption that your young players are going to be future studs. Ask Philly....that's not a given by ANY means.

I still can't believe this was the best FA move they thought they could make. HOW is Mozgov your first phone call???

That's an indictment on whoever made that decision, and I'd bet the farm it was Jim Buss. That guy is RUINING a great franchise. I have ZERO faith in the Lakers youth growing into a solid core......Jim will FIND a way to fuck this up.

I just can't believe the Lakers and the Knicks have both fallen this far. Neither team being competitive is just weird to me as a kid growing up in the 80s watching these teams play routinely.

serious question here. you aren't even a Lakers fan, so why do you care so much...?

other thing is, UNTIL Jim "finds a way to fuck this up" I simply don't see a need in worrying or going into panic mode...