• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers OFFICIALLY DONE until Jim Buss is gone

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Mavs are that much better off as well. They're not getting Conley. They're about to lose Parsons and who are they bringing back? 38-year old Dirk? Only quality player that's a good trade chip on that roster is Wesley Matthews.

At least the Lakers have young quality talent to start building on. Where's Dallas at?

Lmao @ star trying to dog the Lakers when his own team's going to Hell in a hand basket...

Guess misery loves company...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll thread.

Everybody is getting overpaid this summer and it could be argued Mozgov was paid just slightly above fair market value.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a MEETING with any top end free agents. NOBODY will even talk to them.

So he goes out and gives Timofey Mozgov 16MM per season??? That's more than Steph Curry at maybe 1% of the production!!!!!!

I'm starting to pity Lakers fans. They're trapped.

Who are the Mavs going to get? Not Whiteside.

Nowitzki could bolt to the Warriors.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those 4 years guarenteed? Is their an opt out?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mozgov could easily put up a double-double.....as several pundits have pointed out. He's going to get playing time.....unlike with the Cavs this past postseason.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those 4 years guarenteed? Is their an opt out?
Guaranteed - so with the Lakers luck - he will be finished in two and the Lakers will have to carry him until he is an expiring contract - but we should get two good years out of him and that should be enough to veteran leadership to teach the young players all of the ropes

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Jim Buss out the door anyway if the Lakers suck next year?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add, how did the Warriors nearly end up with back to back titles? Because it wasn't through free agency.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed - so with the Lakers luck - he will be finished in two and the Lakers will have to carry him until he is an expiring contract - but we should get two good years out of him and that should be enough to veteran leadership to teach the young players all of the ropes

Are you sure? I saw a rumor somewhere that the 3rd and 4th years were team options.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing team options. In that scenario this is no big deal.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked that the laker fans on here don't agree with this thread.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked that the laker fans on here don't agree with this thread.

When you look at some of the things he did right after Dr. Buss passed, the skepticism towards him is definitely understandable. But when you look at just how bad off the Lakers were when the Dwight/Nash deal blew up on them, for them to have the talented young core that they now have is pretty remarkable.

So, either Jim learned his lesson and has done a better job...or he has learned his lesson and has been staying out of Mitch Kupchak's way. Either one is fine.

Now, if he'd just shut the fuck up and quit running around saying the Lakers are going to get every top FA available...:L

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at some of the things he did right after Dr. Buss passed, the skepticism towards him is definitely understandable. But when you look at just how bad off the Lakers were when the Dwight/Nash deal blew up on them, for them to have the talented young core that they now have is pretty remarkable.

So, either Jim learned his lesson and has done a better job...or he has learned his lesson and has been staying out of Mitch Kupchak's way. Either one is fine.

Now, if he'd just shut the fuck up and quit running around saying the Lakers are going to get every top FA available...:L

I don't think people acknowledge enough the nuclear missile sent the Lakers way with the CBA a few years ago. At the time, the Lakers were still contenders with a large payroll. They've somewhat backdoored their way to where they are currently at, but all things considered, they couldn't have done that much better.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing team options. In that scenario this is no big deal.

There's likely at least a 4th year team option. I hope it's not structured like Swaggy's with a player option in the 4th year.

I've heard that a amnesty clause will again be part of any new CBA. If so, that would present an opportunity to rid themselves of Mozgov if it doesn't work out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^THIS^^^

The Lakers said that if the Dwight/Nash deal didn't work, they'd be looking at some tough times. They were right. Considering where they were when that happened, I think they've done a remarkable job of putting together a solid young core that they can build around.

Players today are looking for places that they can go and contend right away and also into the future. The Lakers are not going to contend right away, especially in the West. No one is coming to the Lakers because of endorsement opportunities anymore and to be honest, I'm not sure they ever did.

Where being in LA comes into play is when things are relatively equal between the Lakers and another team. That's when being in LA and being the Lakers tips the scale in their favor. Not when they have no chance of contending.

This goes w/o saying really, but the Lakers have fallen. Every dynasty falls at some point...just the way of sports...how long you stay down depends on how well you draft...period.

Maybe people forget...but the core of most every dynasty is drafted...Kareem wanted out of Wisc and got his wish via a trade, but Magic, Worthy, B. Scott, Cooper, Kobe were all draft picks, much like Duncan, Parker, Ginobli...MJ & Scotty.

Shaq bounced around to get his rings, but if no Kobe or D Wade, he still wouldn't have one....The Heat caught lightening in a bottle.

I've said before...the Lakers are going to be down for a minute...if they indeed hit on the young players, by '18 season, they should be at least contending in the west again, then it makes sense to the top tier FAs to seriously consider the Lakers again.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said before...the Lakers are going to be down for a minute...if they indeed hit on the young players, by '18 season, they should be at least contending in the west again, then it makes sense to the top tier FAs to seriously consider the Lakers again.

Yeah, it's going to take at least another season of the youth hopefully proving themselves to be in position to attract the top tier FAs. I think the non-basketball side of things is still very attractive but the on-court product is still questionable to them.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at you idiots. Mozgov putting up a double double? This is just "market rate"???

GTFOH.

Mozgov is a body......that's about it. You OVERPAID, and badly, for a guy NOBODY was pursuing!

This was a HORRIBLE move, no matter how you slice it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 3 years of careful planning and salary cap hoarding, Jimmy Buss executes his master plan.

His name?

TIMOFEY MOZGOV!