• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes total sense.

If the Celtics take him back- basically his value is tanked.

i would just void it and start over if there is a material chance Thomas needs surgery.

Boston would have no chancei n hell of beating the Cavs with a gimpy thomas.

I agree. If the opinion of the CLE doctors is that this guy needs surgery and 6-9 months to recover... walk away.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with IT is that- a guy with a serious injury on a 1 year deal who is demanding a "Brinks" truck deal- has basically no value.
Nonsense, he has plenty of value to a team like Cleveland.

Cleveland is trying to win it all this year, and it might be their last chance with the threat of LeBron leaving.

Getting a fringe MVP candidate for that championship push come playoff time has all kinds of value for Cleveland.

And, oh yeah, you get the Brooklyn pick on top of that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it will either a. get voided or b. the clippers pick will be added

seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

the problem with IT is that- a guy with a serious injury on a 1 year deal who is demanding a "Brinks" truck deal- has basically no value.

no chance you get a first.

you're already ramming a broomstick with shattered glass glued to it up Danny's rectum.

This is brutal rapage.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense, he has plenty of value to a team like Cleveland.

Cleveland is trying to win it all this year, and it might be their last chance with the threat of LeBron leaving.

Getting a fringe MVP candidate for that championship push come playoff time has all kinds of value for Cleveland.

And, oh yeah, you get the Brooklyn pick on top of that.
how does he have value if there is a chance he cant play?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If the opinion of the CLE doctors is that this guy needs surgery and 6-9 months to recover... walk away.
if the dr's opinion is- well- hes gonna prob miss nov. and maybe december but should be fine in January

then cool- finish the deal-- im fine with that

if the prognisis is--- well- lets see how he responds to resting in November and December- and even if he rests for those 2 months therei s a chance he STILL needs surgery--- you get out ASAP.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does he have value if there is a chance he cant play?
Speculation that IT might not be able to play at all next season is just that: speculation. There is nothing factual to suggest that IT won't play at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- a huge part of Isiah's game is getting to the hoop and going to the line.....he gets hit a LOT.

If you are not confident he can hold up to that punishment--- start over- go elsewhere.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation that IT might not be able to play at all next season is just that: speculation. There is nothing factual to suggest that IT won't play at all.
is there anything factual to say that he will play?

Saying that he will play this year and be able to hold up is just that: speculation.

I dontk now how you define a "material" chance--- i am not a doctor. That is something the dr. will have to decide.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there anything factual to say that he will play?

Saying that he will play this year and be able to hold up is just that: speculation.

I dontk now how you define a "material" chance--- i am not a doctor. That is something the dr. will have to decide.
Fine, let's put it this way:

Every report and diagnosis up to this trade said he would play this year. Isaiah said he would play this year.

Even if the Cleveland doctors disagree with this diagnosis... we have no reason to believe that they disagree to the extent that Isaiah misses the whole year. That's just speculation on the internet.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id DEF. rather do the tear down

You could easily move Crowder and Love for first rounders.

Tristan, JR, and Korver arent signed up forever--- how long after this year? 2 years a piece? the following year they would be expiring and could be used to take in other teams problem contracts in order to take the other teams draft picks.

Say- the worst happens---- LeBron leaves----- you let IT walk (or facilitate a trade sicne- if LeBron leaves his cap hold comes offf and you can prob execute a sign and trade)--- you deal Love and Crowder---- and then go into the tank.

you do have smith, korver and thompson---- but after 1 year each becomes expiring.

thats a lot better than having some mediocre team that is like a 7th seed contender that will jsut get wiped out first round of the playoffs.

id rather see them tank and add a great prospect to the great prospect they would hypoethetically get from the nets pick- and use those first rounders from Crowder and Love as well.

Without LeBron, Cavs have been in tear down for near two decades. Results speak for themselves.
Please don't act like they'll ever have a quality post James plan that will work or that any top FA is choosing to go there.
Cavs fans would be thrilled to make the playoffs in any capacity once James leaves.
YOU might not be, but you'll just switch teams.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- a huge part of Isiah's game is getting to the hoop and going to the line.....he gets hit a LOT.

If you are not confident he can hold up to that punishment--- start over- go elsewhere.

Plus teams now know about it which won't help him.
I'm not saying anyone will intentionally hurt him, but given the choice, I'm sure players will initiate/take the contact vs moving out of the way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without LeBron, Cavs have been in tear down for near two decades. Results speak for themselves.
Please don't act like they'll ever have a quality post James plan that will work or that any top FA is choosing to go there.
Cavs fans would be thrilled to make the playoffs in any capacity once James leaves.
YOU might not be, but you'll just switch teams.
you of course are an idiot as usual

Greg Monroe picked the Bucks over LA.

The Minnesota Timberwolves just got Butler. Have Towns, and Wiggins- all 3 guys that have been acquired without free agency.

As we saw with Boston- a team that basically NEVER gets elite free agents--- they just got an elite free agent- and their main competition was Miami who all i have heard from years from you clowns is how much guys want to play there. lol. Well- you were wrong.

guys are pretty much choosing to go where they can win. Its why Miami has not gotten anyone and isnt likely to get anyone.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you of course are an idiot as usual

Greg Monroe picked the Bucks over LA.

The Minnesota Timberwolves just got Butler. Have Towns, and Wiggins- all 3 guys that have been acquired without free agency.

As we saw with Boston- a team that basically NEVER gets elite free agents--- they just got an elite free agent- and their main competition was Miami

guys are pretty much choosing to go where they can win. Its why Miami has not gotten anyone and isnt likely to get anyone.

Boston would've not even been a remote consideration for Boston if not for Stevens.

I'd wager the same thing for Horford, but more to the point where it falls in line with yours (although he chose Boston over OKC...which caused the domino of KD to Gs....soooooo idk where to go with that lol).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, let's put it this way:

Every report and diagnosis up to this trade said he would play this year. Isaiah said he would play this year.

Even if the Cleveland doctors disagree with this diagnosis... we have no reason to believe that they disagree to the extent that Isaiah misses the whole year. That's just speculation on the internet.
"every report and diagnosis"

lol

dude- i have seen plenty of "reports and diagnosis" that said they thought he should have had surgery.

If he cant come back without having surgery- he is worthless this season.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

dude- i have seen plenty of "reports and diagnosis" that said they thought he should have had surgery.
Link to one from someone who actually examined IT, or who at least had any close knowledge of the particulars.

I'll wait.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better have something that says IT may never walk again to try to blow up this deal.

This is a steal for CLE.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link to one from someone who actually examined IT, or who at least had any close knowledge of the particulars.

I'll wait.
of course there arent any---

who are the ONLY doctors that have examined IT?

is that what you would go on if you were the Cavs?--- the doctors of the team that are trying to deal the guy because they are scared shitless of giving him a long term deal?

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

If he cant come back without having surgery- he is worthless this season.
Those reports were out there before the trade. The Celtics made no attempt to hide his injury.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those reports were out there before the trade. The Celtics made no attempt to hide his injury.
how do you know that?

Im not saying its not true---- but - all of these reports are bullshit. The Celtics cant/wont release anything to the public that has any kind of specificty. The Cavs wont/cant release anything to the public that has any kind of specificity.

The only thing that matters is what the doctors that are actually looking at him think.

a. If the Cleveland CLinic doctors say--- hey- he will be fine with rest and rehab--- COOL- deal done

b. If the Clevleand Clinic doctors say--- rest and rehab are likely only a short term solution- he could get back on the court but its likely to pop up again and surgery is the only thing that will fix this definitively------ good night.

its not rocket science.

if its A- deal done.

Its its B- veto the deal or rework it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course there arent any---

who are the ONLY doctors that have examined IT?

is that what you would go on if you were the Cavs?--- the doctors of the team that are trying to deal the guy because they are scared shitless of giving him a long term deal?
There are other perfectly good reasons to not want to give IT a long term deal at big $$$. His height, for instance.

Anywho: my point still stands, then. There is really nothing out there to suggest that IT might miss the whole season... most talk I've seen has centered around whether IT would be ready day 1 or might miss weeks or perhaps a month or two. Wild talk about the whole season is just that: wild talk.