• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how the Celtics value Brown more than they value the BKN pick, yet the Cavs are supposed to be totally cool with the BKN pick basically being what they get for Kyrie.
well Brown and Tatum- while look like they are going to be very good players- simply arent in the same league as prospects like Bagley and Porter.

If there are tiers of top 4 prospects

you have:

1. The Ultimate Franchise player like - LeBron-- which barely ever come around

2. You have the True Franchise player tier- like an Anthony Davis or Towns or Rose

3. You have the All Star/Maybe Franchise player tier like a Markelle Fultz or Kyrie Irving

4. You have the bullshit tier-the Maybe/probably All Stars-but not likely franchise players like a Tatum

I mean--- I think Duncan would be in between 1 and 2 when he was drafted....Wall was prob between 2 and 3....Simmons prob closer to 2 than 3

Bagley is a solid #2...and Porter is prob between a 2 and 3 like a Wall.....

Tatum and Brown are def. tier 4 guys.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because...brown was taken 3rd. that brooklyn pick will be closer to ten.

and browns upside is huge. he is a known.
i think you are loco if you think that Brooklyn pick will be close to 10

but we shall see

I cant possibly see it under the worst circumstances being beyond 7. Id bet they fall between 3 and 6 position wise--- and then anything can happen in the lotto.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.
Post James (which most everyone thinks is happening next summer), the pick means tons more than them then I.T.'s bum hip.
Warriors are near locks to win again anyway unless injuries occur.

On top of that, I believe Gilbert saves 24M this year.

He's NOT going rescind this.

was just reading a little about this on CBS...

i doubt the Cavs back out on this. they do as well...

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being... lets stop pretending like the BKN pick is this magical asset that means the Cavs should be happy with the trade no matter what else is included or how healthy Isaiah is.
I think only 2 people on here are pretending that. We really need to know what IT's prognosis is in order to judge what Cleveland should do.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Celtics would trade Kyrie for Brown straight up in a heartbeat, right? Kyrie > Brown > BKN pick.

Point being... lets stop pretending like the BKN pick is this magical asset that means the Cavs should be happy with the trade no matter what else is included or how healthy Isaiah is.
the cavs wouldnt do the deal unless the pick was included. that pick is the hottest asset in the NBA right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says he wants a max.
I agree he's not going to get it.
If he's healthy though he'll get a decent sized offer in my opinion, but maybe for 3 years vs 4 or 5.

Who were the Cavs bidding against when they signed Tristan and J.R.?
Difference now would be no James which means no taxes.
once again you show your stupidity....this isnt even in the same league as what we are even talking about

I was talking about how free agents are picking teams---- based on where they can win--- if there was a 2nd factor id say it was money---- WHERE is WAY down below those other 2...maybe its a tiebreaker if everything else is even.

but Lamarcus Aldridge did not go to SAS over LAL because SAS is a better lifestyle for a player. Kevin Love didnt resign in Cleveland because he thought hed rather live there than go back to his Alma matter in LA.

Haywrad didnt say- ya know what? id rather freeze my ass off in Boston than go to Miami--- he went to Boston because of the chance to win and to play for his coach

No one is going to Miami just because its Miami--- no one. No one is going there period until they have a chance to make some noise- no one significant anyway. And that simply isnt happening anytime soon considering Miami has no assets to pull off a trade for a star, no cap space, and no opportunity to win big.

1. chance to win
2. money

3. where

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you are loco if you think that Brooklyn pick will be close to 10

but we shall see

I cant possibly see it under the worst circumstances being beyond 7. Id bet they fall between 3 and 6 position wise--- and then anything can happen in the lotto.
i honestly think that. they can win 10 more games over last year probably, as the east is a bag of suck outside of the C's and cavs.
a lot of GM's seem to think so too, according to our local radio here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cavs wouldnt do the deal unless the pick was included. that pick is the hottest asset in the NBA right now.
dude...you are speaking out of 2 corners of your mouth. Its the "hottest" asset, but you think it will be close to the 10th pick?

cmon now.

If it truly was going to be closer to the 10th pick, than tatum and brown have more value than it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Celtics would trade Kyrie for Brown straight up in a heartbeat, right? Kyrie > Brown > BKN pick.

no that's pretty much it.

It's absurd that it needs to be in this deal. Flat out absurd.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude...you are speaking out of 2 corners of your mouth. Its the "hottest" asset, but you think it will be close to the 10th pick?

cmon now.

If it truly was going to be closer to the 10th pick, than tatum and brown have more value than it.
yes. its the hottest asset in the nba.

i also FEEL it will be closer to ten. do all GM's think that? id guess no...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Brown and Tatum- while look like they are going to be very good players- simply arent in the same league as prospects like Bagley and Porter.

If there are tiers of top 4 prospects

you have:

1. The Ultimate Franchise player like - LeBron-- which barely ever come around

2. You have the True Franchise player tier- like an Anthony Davis or Towns or Rose

3. You have the All Star/Maybe Franchise player tier like a Markelle Fultz or Kyrie Irving

4. You have the bullshit tier-the Maybe/probably All Stars-but not likely franchise players like a Tatum

I mean--- I think Duncan would be in between 1 and 2 when he was drafted....Wall was prob between 2 and 3....Simmons prob closer to 2 than 3

Bagley is a solid #2...and Porter is prob between a 2 and 3 like a Wall.....

Tatum and Brown are def. tier 4 guys.

Not a bad summary but I disagree with some of your placement. But overall yes.

And yes Tatum and Brown are 4s at best.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly think that. they can win 10 more games over last year probably, as the east is a bag of suck outside of the C's and cavs.
a lot of GM's seem to think so too, according to our local radio here.
I cant see them being better than 6th worst. And i think that is being EXTREMELY generous. I think the Hawks are the only worse roster in the entire league---- MAYBE the Kings-- but just plain ole dumb luck and the fact might get them above the 2nd worst team.

I mean- have you looked at the Nets roster?
PG- Lin
SG- Russell/ Harris
SF- Crabbe/ Carroll
PF- Hollis-Jefferson
C- Mozgov/Jarret Allen

dude thats horrible.

you are saying that 9 teams are worse than that? no one in hell.

Suns:
PG- Bledso
SG- Booker
SF- Warren/Jackson
PF- Chriss/Bender
C- Chandler/Len

Lakers:
PG- Ball
SG- KCP
SF- Ingram/Deng
PF- Randle/Nance
C- Lopez

Bulls:
PG- Dunn
SG Wade (Holiday/Valentine)
SF LaVine
PF- Portis/Markenen
C- Lopez

Mavericks:
PG- Smith Jr., Curry
SG- Wes Mathews
SF- Barnes
PF- Dirk
C- Noel

Atlanta
PG: Schroeder
SG Bazemore/Bellinelli
SF Prince
PF Illysova Babbitt
C- Dedmon Plumlee

Kings
PG- George Hill/Fox
SG- Hield/VC
SF- Richardson
PF- Randolph/Skal/Giles
C- Cauley Stein/Koufos

Magic:
PG- Payton/Augustin
SG- Fournier/Afflalo/Hezonja
SF- Ross/Simmons
PF- Gordon/Isaac
C- Vucevic/Biyombo

dude- i think Orlando SUCKS--- but that is a better roster than the Nets- EASILY....

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see them being better than 6th worst. And i think that is being EXTREMELY generous. I think the Hawks are the only worse roster in the entire league---- MAYBE the Kings-- but just plain ole dumb luck and the fact might get them above the 2nd worst team.

I mean- have you looked at the Nets roster?
PG- Lin
SG- Russell/ Harris
SF- Crabbe/ Carroll
PF- Hollis-Jefferson
C- Mozgov/Jarret Allen

dude thats horrible.

you are saying that 9 teams are worse than that? no one in hell.

Suns:
PG- Bledso
SG- Booker
SF- Warren/Jackson
PF- Chriss/Bender
C- Chandler/Len

Lakers:
PG- Ball
SG- KCP
SF- Ingram/Deng
PF- Randle/Nance
C- Lopez

Bulls:
PG- Dunn
SG Wade (Holiday/Valentine)
SF LaVine
PF- Portis/Markenen
C- Lopez

Mavericks:
PG- Smith Jr., Curry
SG- Wes Mathews
SF- Barnes
PF- Dirk
C- Noel

Atlanta
PG: Schroeder
SG Bazemore/Bellinelli
SF Prince
PF Illysova Babbitt
C- Dedmon Plumlee

Kings
PG- George Hill/Fox
SG- Hield/VC
SF- Richardson
PF- Randolph/Skal/Giles
C- Cauley Stein/Koufos

Magic:
PG- Payton/Augustin
SG- Fournier/Afflalo/Hezonja
SF- Ross/Simmons
PF- Gordon/Isaac
C- Vucevic/Biyombo

dude- i think Orlando SUCKS--- but that is a better roster than the Nets- EASILY....
yup

we just have to sit back and watch. the nets will win 28-30 games this year. too much parity in the east outside the top 2-3.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see that dynamic take place on the court with KI and LBJ both in the same jersey.

It sounds like they weren't the best of mates last year -- but the on-the-court production (for those two) seemed fine.

I'd guess where ever he ends up -- Kyrie will be really motivated to show he can lead a team on the court. There is no excuse for the Cavs relatively poor play when Lebron was off the court and Kyrie was on it the last couple of years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- just look at the:

- Kings--- just having guys like George Hill and Zach Randolph make them better than the Nets--- not too mention young guys like Fox- who is gonna be a stud, Koufos and CauleyStein are better than Mozgov....Hollis Jefferson is so bad.

-Orlando- i think Orlando blows--- but a front court of Vuvevic/Biyombo/Gordon/Isaac is just light yeras better than what the Nets have--- Fournier isnt bad. Terrence Ross is a decent player

-the Lakers- id much rather have Ball and Ingram than Russell and Crabbe-- not even close....Lopez is better than Mozgov---- Randolph is better than Hollis Jefferson

-Bulls---- yah the Bulls suck ass- esp. if they cut Wade---- but Zach LaVine would be the best Brooklyn player. Dunn is a solid PG prospect. Lopez is better than Mozgov. Again- Hollis Jefferson is a joke. you can at least make a case the Nets are better than the Bulls with a straight face though i will admit.

The Hawks are BAAAAAAAAAAAAD- but they have Schroeder who would be the Nets best player- and Budz is a great coach---- yes- i think they will finish worse than the Nets

The Suns---- Booker/Bledsoe is really good actually. Len/Chandler/Chriss/Bender is a much better front court--- the Suns might finish worse---- but its definitely a toss up

the Mavs--- no chance the Mavs are worse--- Barnes would easily be the Nets best player. Dirk is still playing. Noel is so much better than any Nets big man its not even funny. Wes Mathews is a decent SG..

I didnt even bother putting the Pacers on here- who have Oladipo and Myles Turner- who are actually real NBA players with value.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- just look at the:

- Kings--- just having guys like George Hill and Zach Randolph make them better than the Nets--- not too mention young guys like Fox- who is gonna be a stud, Koufos and CauleyStein are better than Mozgov....Hollis Jefferson is so bad.

-Orlando- i think Orlando blows--- but a front court of Vuvevic/Biyombo/Gordon/Isaac is just light yeras better than what the Nets have--- Fournier isnt bad. Terrence Ross is a decent player

-the Lakers- id much rather have Ball and Ingram than Russell and Crabbe-- not even close....Lopez is better than Mozgov---- Randolph is better than Hollis Jefferson

-Bulls---- yah the Bulls suck ass- esp. if they cut Wade---- but Zach LaVine would be the best Brooklyn player. Dunn is a solid PG prospect. Lopez is better than Mozgov. Again- Hollis Jefferson is a joke. you can at least make a case the Nets are better than the Bulls with a straight face though i will admit.

The Hawks are BAAAAAAAAAAAAD- but they have Schroeder who would be the Nets best player- and Budz is a great coach---- yes- i think they will finish worse than the Nets

The Suns---- Booker/Bledsoe is really good actually. Len/Chandler/Chriss/Bender is a much better front court--- the Suns might finish worse---- but its definitely a toss up

the Mavs--- no chance the Mavs are worse--- Barnes would easily be the Nets best player. Dirk is still playing. Noel is so much better than any Nets big man its not even funny. Wes Mathews is a decent SG..

I didnt even bother putting the Pacers on here- who have Oladipo and Myles Turner- who are actually real NBA players with value.
We can talk about this next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like they weren't the best of mates last year -- but the on-the-court production (for those two) seemed fine.

I'd guess where ever he ends up -- Kyrie will be really motivated to show he can lead a team on the court. There is no excuse for the Cavs relatively poor play when Lebron was off the court and Kyrie was on it the last couple of years.
i will be really REALLY mad if Kyrie all of a sudden become a good defensive player just out of spite of LeBron. lol

i wouldnt put it passd him though

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets might not be terrible this year and that's bad news for Cavaliers fans

Brooklyn overhauled its roster this offseason
The Nets were the worst team in the NBA last year by four games, finishing just 20-62. When that painful season ended, Brooklyn GM Sean Marks took some dramatic steps to reshape the roster. Most notably:

Russell now becomes the new leading man in Brooklyn. Crabbe and Carroll are each useful 3-and-D style wings, even if both are considered to be overpaid. Mozgov is another player on a bad contract, but he can at least add veteran stability to the Brooklyn frontcourt.

Add those new additions to a roster that already includes guard Jeremy Lin, young wings Caris LeVert, Sean Kilpatrick, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, and a solid veteran forward in Trevor Booker, and suddenly the Nets look OK.

For an Eastern Conference team, anyway.

The Nets have no reason to tank. Many other teams do.
The great tank-off of 2018 has begun before the season even starts. There are at least eight teams that could gun for a high pick in a loaded 2018 NBA Draft:

The Nets, however, have no incentive to lose games at the end of the season. While teams like the Bulls, Hawks, and Knicks figure to be fighting for lottery odds, Brooklyn will be going out every night trying to win.

The Nets have a good coach in Kenny Atkinson. They have a lot of young players with something to prove. If Brooklyn is the eighth-worst team in the NBA instead of the worst, that pick becomes a lot less valuable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk about this next year.
realistically - if I had a gun to my head and were to guess id guess the Nets finish with the 4th worst record.

I think the Suns will have the worst record in the West- and even though they have some talent they will finish worse than the Nets because they are in the West.

I think the Hawks- even with Budz- i mean- that roster is just tooootooooo bad.

I think either the Magic or Bulls will fall apart bad--- but both objectively prob have better roster than the Nets.

WORST CASE --- say all 3 bad West teams finish worse--- and Orlando, Hawks, Magic, Bulls finish worse--- that makes the Nets 8th....that should be the VERY worst case scenario if you ask me.

best case scenario I would say they have the worst record in the league. I think thats still in play considering what their roster is.

but like you said- we have PLENTY of time to look at that.