• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard that Cleveland is trying to bring in a third team. Boston worked out former Lakers first round pick Thompson (C) this morning. The C's are looking for a big man and Cleveland is trying to see if they can get a third team involved to make this work more to their advantage.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is pissed because Boston was his first choice team. The other teams interested in trading for him are also rans and will never be factors in the post season.

Too bad poor Kyrie has no control over where he goes. Such is life when you demand a trade without a no-trade clause and with your free agency still multiple seasons away.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard that Cleveland is trying to bring in a third team. Boston worked out former Lakers first round pick Thompson (C) this morning. The C's are looking for a big man and Cleveland is trying to see if they can get a third team involved to make this work more to their advantage.

Interesting. Where did you hear this?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs please walk away.

IT was diagnosed last may with a right femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear.

This condition is very likely to re-occur without surgery. The surgery is brutal and requires 6-9 months of recovery and often a second follow-up surgery. If you opt not to have surgery, you opt to deal with a lot of symptom management (playing can be painful) and you risk re-injury of the labrum.

Only one NBA player has ever played after having this surgery... Wilson Chandler. Chandler missed an entire season following the surgery (at age 24) and has played in 54% of his available games since.

I hope for the best for IT. I really hope that whatever he opts for works out for him and he's able to have a long career.

If the Cavs medical staff has any belief that surgery will be needed, I really think the Cavs should walk away.
If you read your own link, the speculating doctor says treatment could be as simple as rest, physical therapy and one steroid injection.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read your own link, the speculating doctor says treatment could be as simple as rest, physical therapy and one steroid injection.

That's why I said... "IF the Cavs medical staff has any belief that surgery will be needed, I really think the Cavs should walk away."

4 months of steroid injection, rest, and physical therapy have taken place now, so the Doctors should have a much better idea now than they did in May, whether that route is going to ultimately work or not.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you know how you do that?

you draft 2-3 studs by bottoming out--- and then BEFORE they get their big contracts- you sign a major free agent or two.

you CANT do that if you sign a bunch of mediocre players to 12M dollar contracts in order to get the 7 seed.

but if you are the Sixers- and Embiid, simmons, Fultz and saric are all on rookie deals- you have the cap space to sign 2 max guys easily if you clear the room

how about the Lakers? same thing--- say Ball and or Ingram become stars (more inclined to Ball than Ingram thats for sure) but say they do?- EASY to add that thirdg uy

or the Suns with Booker and Jackson......or the Celtics with Kyrie and Hayward and Brown and Tatum----

it takes planning nad patience and some luck---- but it can and will happen- just not to the teams that are happy being mediocre.

Ill wait for your list of teams that won rings that way.
Show us the blueprint of success, that you can actually say was planned vs lucky.

As far as Philly, please stop.
After 6 years of possibly the worst modern day basketball of all time, they still might not even be a playoff team in a once again watered down bottom of the EC.
We've been over their last 20 seasons already.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said... "IF the Cavs medical staff has any belief that surgery will be needed, I really think the Cavs should walk away."

4 months of steroid injection, rest, and physical therapy have taken place now, so the Doctors should have a much better idea now than they did in May, whether that route is going to ultimately work or not.
I 100% agree with you

if there is any material chance Thomas needs surgery- run for the hills

if they want to throw in a significant sweetener- fine

but you dont need to be trading for guys on 1 year contracts that need significant surgery. lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree with you

if there is any material chance Thomas needs surgery- run for the hills

if they want to throw in a significant sweetener- fine

but you dont need to be trading for guys on 1 year contracts that need significant surgery. lol.

What's your definition of significant?
I 'heard' on NBA radio that the Celts might include their own round 1 pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would hope thats kind of self explanatory

getting a knee scoped for some loose cartilage is not significant surgery.

having your bone shaved down so it no longer impinges on your hip joint is significant surgery.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill wait for your list of teams that won rings that way.
Show us the blueprint of success, that you can actually say was planned vs lucky.

After 6 years of possibly the worst modern day basketball of all time, they still might not even be a playoff team in a once again watered down bottom of the EC.
1 team wins a ring every year.

if you dont have LeBron or Curry or whoever you dont have a chance

the Warriors though---- they did that--- had 2 lotto picks- Klay and Curry--- and attracted a free agent. They even tanked the year they got Barnes---- but- say you get 3-4 high picks--- not all of them are gonna work out

thats why you havet o be like Philly

and please- dont be a moron and act like what happened in Philly 15 years ago means that their current strategy wont work--- that is just fucking stupid.

Because Andrew Bynum was a bust that got hurt that they gave up a bunch of assets for means that this iteration is going to fail?

thats equal parts stupid and ignorant.

Philly has 4 really really highly rated prospects---- Simmons, Embiid, Fultz and Saric--- prob at least 1 or 2 of those guys will become multi time all stars....right before they hit restricted free agency- you bring in your stud....

i mean- you think its coincedence that Reddick is on a 1 year deal?

next year after Simmons and Fultz and Saric and Embiid get some more experience and, likely- look pretty damn good- and they go into the market place for a stud free agent---

who do you think that stud free agent would go to?

Miami and the nice weather and a mediocre team that would struggle to find cap room? A decent Charlotte team that would struggle to find cap room? A mediocre Blazers team that would struggle to find cap room? A mediocre Memphis team that would struggle to find cap room?

or a Philly team with an actual future with tons of cap room that wouldnt have to give up a signifciant asset to clear cap room. Its an easy answer.

Its what the Lakers are doing--- get some lotto talent like Ball and Ingram--- save your cap space to give to a stud that wants to come in and play with 2 players with high ceilings. And please dont tell me- well IT IS LA---- it being LA might be a tie-breaker---- but there is a reason why Aldridge went to SAS and not LAL--- SAS Was ready to win

as i said--- 1a. Ready to win. 1b Money somewhere down the line if thsoe two are equal? the WHERE.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just for clarity sake

im not against the Cavs making this trade if they can get another decent asset--- it doesnt have to be the high pick they have coming from either the Lakers/Kings/Sixers that was part of the Fultz/Tatum deal--- but a first rounder like one of the Celtics or the Clippers or the Griz would be fine with me.'

OR- if Thomas is going to be okay-- just make the deal AS IS....thats fine if Thomas is just gonna be out a month or two and come back okay--- im down for it.

At least that would give the Cavs a second first rounder with their own---- plus guys like Zizic and Osman who would have been first rounders if they were in this years draft---- to use in order to add a player if they dont want to trade the Brooklyn pick in a major deal.

I cant see how the Suns would say no to 2 first rounders (even if they are late), and Zizic, and Shumpert as cap filler for Bledsoe- or something like that.

Personally- I wouldnt mind going to get Batum or MKG from the Hornets if they wanted to get rid of either one to add another long wing defender to Crowder......

MKG sucks at offense- but id like to see him and Crowder play some D together- that would be fun.

but of course- the ultimate deal would be something like:

Brooklyn pick, Thomas, hypoethical celtics or clippers pick, zizic, shumpert, tt, trade exception for Gasol and Conley.

PG. Conley
SG. JR
SF. Bron
PF. Love
C. Gasol

Bench: Wade, Crowder, Korver, Rose, Green

id run THAT team against the Warriors.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is Danny so desperate to get raped?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hinkie took over in the off-season of 2012.
Cannot blame The Process for any basketball before that.
Only lousy GMs and/or owner(s).

I understand the animosity.
We are clearly in a better position than we were before, but it's much too early to judge.
Time and some good health will tell....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Danny so desperate to get raped?
He must be worried about Thomas is what I can think of.

Plus- the age old adage in the NBA is that you never trade a dollar for 4 quarters---

what surprises me is that he would not give up the brooklyn pick for George or Butler but will for Kyrie. To me that makes no sense

George is the besto f the bunch- but i get the hesitation with his contract and the fact hes kinda gutless.

Butler- with 2 years left i dont get at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinkie took over in the off-season of 2012.
Cannot blame The Process for any basketball before that.
Only lousy GMs and/or owner(s).

I understand the animosity.
We are clearly in a better position than we were before, but it's much too early to judge.
Time and some good health will tell....
totally agree.

I cant wait to see how the Sixers do.

I think Embiid - if he can stay healthy- has All NBA written all over him.

Simmons is another really high level talent. Saric is a great stretch 4.......

do you think Saric can get away with playing the 3? prob not?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree.

I cant wait to see how the Sixers do.

I think Embiid - if he can stay healthy- has All NBA written all over him.

Simmons is another really high level talent. Saric is a great stretch 4.......

do you think Saric can get away with playing the 3? prob not?

Depends on the matchup, but probably not.

Saric puts in the effort, but he just doesn't have the athleticism to match up with quicker SFs.
That being said, a lineup of Embiid/Saric/Simmons/Covington/Fultz shouldn't be too shabby....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the matchup, but probably not.

Saric puts in the effort, but he just doesn't have the athleticism to match up with quicker SFs.
That being said, a lineup of Embiid/Saric/Simmons/Covington/Fultz shouldn't be too shabby....
i like Covington as a role player.

Simmons def. should have the athleticism to play the 3 as well.

that is a really fun lineup- and a lineup that could be absolutely devastating a year or two from now.

Reddick at the 2 though right? bring Cov. off the bench

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like Covington as a role player.

Simmons def. should have the athleticism to play the 3 as well.

that is a really fun lineup- and a lineup that could be absolutely devastating a year or two from now.

Reddick at the 2 though right? bring Cov. off the bench

Don't get me wrong, Redick will be a starter from day one.
I'm just thinking about matchup nightmares for other teams.

Saric/Covington coming off the bench is a really nice problem to have.