• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will be really REALLY mad if Kyrie all of a sudden become a good defensive player just out of spite of LeBron. lol

i wouldnt put it passd him though
and he has the one coach who can probably do that

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Brown and Tatum- while look like they are going to be very good players- simply arent in the same league as prospects like Bagley and Porter.

If there are tiers of top 4 prospects

you have:

1. The Ultimate Franchise player like - LeBron-- which barely ever come around

2. You have the True Franchise player tier- like an Anthony Davis or Towns or Rose

3. You have the All Star/Maybe Franchise player tier like a Markelle Fultz or Kyrie Irving

4. You have the bullshit tier-the Maybe/probably All Stars-but not likely franchise players like a Tatum

I mean--- I think Duncan would be in between 1 and 2 when he was drafted....Wall was prob between 2 and 3....Simmons prob closer to 2 than 3

Bagley is a solid #2...and Porter is prob between a 2 and 3 like a Wall.....

Tatum and Brown are def. tier 4 guys.

I agree mostly.

But, I think Bagley (maybe Porter too) could end up being those their 1 guys.

I do put Kawhi and KD on that level also. Guys like Towns and Giannis have the upside to get there too.

Because tier 1 guys are literally infinitely more valuable than tier 3 guys, you simply don't give up the opportunity to get one of them when you have it. Like you said, they are extremely rare. Most of the players with the upside to do it don't ever really get there and max out in Tier 2.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jaylen brown is going to surprise a lot of you

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets might not be terrible this year and that's bad news for Cavaliers fans

Brooklyn overhauled its roster this offseason
The Nets were the worst team in the NBA last year by four games, finishing just 20-62. When that painful season ended, Brooklyn GM Sean Marks took some dramatic steps to reshape the roster. Most notably:

Russell now becomes the new leading man in Brooklyn. Crabbe and Carroll are each useful 3-and-D style wings, even if both are considered to be overpaid. Mozgov is another player on a bad contract, but he can at least add veteran stability to the Brooklyn frontcourt.

Add those new additions to a roster that already includes guard Jeremy Lin, young wings Caris LeVert, Sean Kilpatrick, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, and a solid veteran forward in Trevor Booker, and suddenly the Nets look OK.

For an Eastern Conference team, anyway.

The Nets have no reason to tank. Many other teams do.
The great tank-off of 2018 has begun before the season even starts. There are at least eight teams that could gun for a high pick in a loaded 2018 NBA Draft:

The Nets, however, have no incentive to lose games at the end of the season. While teams like the Bulls, Hawks, and Knicks figure to be fighting for lottery odds, Brooklyn will be going out every night trying to win.

The Nets have a good coach in Kenny Atkinson. They have a lot of young players with something to prove. If Brooklyn is the eighth-worst team in the NBA instead of the worst, that pick becomes a lot less valuable.
I mean- like i said----and htis article says:

Pacers have Turner and Oladipo- both who are real players

The Lakers have no incentive to tank and actually have the beginnings of a real roster

The Suns have the beginnings of a real roster- but have incentive to tank and are in the West--- i mean- you and i both know that a roster of Bledsoe, Booker, Chandler, Warren, Jackson, Len, Bender is a lot better than the NEts--- but i am picking the sun sto finish worse because they are in the West and have incentive to tank. I wouldnt trade Jackson for any 3 Nets. I wouldnt trade Booker for the whole Nets roster. TJ Warren would honestly be the Nets 2nd or 3rd best player if you ask me.

I mean- i look at Orlando and they are really bad--- but cmon. Gordon/Vucevic/Biyombo is a real frontcourt. Isaac was the 6th pick in the draft and would easily be the Nets best young player. Payton/Fournier is not wretched. fournier is prob. the best player on either roster. vucevic prob 2nd...

The Knicks i didnt even really consider with Porzingis who is good....and guys like Courtney Lee, Ramon Sessions, ---Ntilikina would be the best young prospect on the Nets. Hernangomez looked pretty solid last year and is better than Mozgov. and i mean- if Carmelo acutally stays- theres just no chance. I mean- Joakin Noah is kind of a joke nowadays--- but if hes actually playing id rather have him than Mozgov.

The Kings:
PG- George Hill and DeAron Fox vs. Linn and Dinwiddie- easily the Kings
SG- Buddy Hield, Vince Carter vs. DeAngelo Russell, Caris laVert--- maybe a wash? id take Hield and VC
SF- Malachi Richarson vs. alan crabbe--- id take crabbe
PF- Skal and Zach Randolp vs. hollis jefferson and trevor booker--- easily the Kings
C- Cauley Stein and Koufous vs. Mozgov and the scum on the bottom of my shoe---easily the kings

The Bulls:
pg Kris Dunn vs. Jeremy Linn- id take Linn- Nets win
sg Dwade vs. Deangelo Russell- Chicago - for now at least until Dwade is bought out
sf zach lavine vs. crabbe-- lavine easy
pf- markenen, portis vs. hollis jefferson--- im taking the bulls
c- lopez vs. mozgov--- lopez

the mavs isnt even worth talking about--- Barnes, Wes Mathews, Dirk, Noel, Curry, Smith Jr....they actually have a few pieces....

and like i said- i dont think the Nets will be the WORST- but its hard for me to see them being outside the worst 5- and i think its pretty much impossible for them to be better than 7th worst.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- like i said----and htis article says:

Pacers have Turner and Oladipo- both who are real players

The Lakers have no incentive to tank and actually have the beginnings of a real roster

The Suns have the beginnings of a real roster- but have incentive to tank and are in the West--- i mean- you and i both know that a roster of Bledsoe, Booker, Chandler, Warren, Jackson, Len, Bender is a lot better than the NEts--- but i am picking the sun sto finish worse because they are in the West and have incentive to tank. I wouldnt trade Jackson for any 3 Nets. I wouldnt trade Booker for the whole Nets roster. TJ Warren would honestly be the Nets 2nd or 3rd best player if you ask me.

I mean- i look at Orlando and they are really bad--- but cmon. Gordon/Vucevic/Biyombo is a real frontcourt. Isaac was the 6th pick in the draft and would easily be the Nets best young player. Payton/Fournier is not wretched. fournier is prob. the best player on either roster. vucevic prob 2nd...

The Knicks i didnt even really consider with Porzingis who is good....and guys like Courtney Lee, Ramon Sessions, ---Ntilikina would be the best young prospect on the Nets. Hernangomez looked pretty solid last year and is better than Mozgov. and i mean- if Carmelo acutally stays- theres just no chance. I mean- Joakin Noah is kind of a joke nowadays--- but if hes actually playing id rather have him than Mozgov.

The Kings:
PG- George Hill and DeAron Fox vs. Linn and Dinwiddie- easily the Kings
SG- Buddy Hield, Vince Carter vs. DeAngelo Russell, Caris laVert--- maybe a wash? id take Hield and VC
SF- Malachi Richarson vs. alan crabbe--- id take crabbe
PF- Skal and Zach Randolp vs. hollis jefferson and trevor booker--- easily the Kings
C- Cauley Stein and Koufous vs. Mozgov and the scum on the bottom of my shoe---easily the kings

The Bulls:
pg Kris Dunn vs. Jeremy Linn- id take Linn- Nets win
sg Dwade vs. Deangelo Russell- Chicago - for now at least until Dwade is bought out
sf zach lavine vs. crabbe-- lavine easy
pf- markenen, portis vs. hollis jefferson--- im taking the bulls
c- lopez vs. mozgov--- lopez

the mavs isnt even worth talking about--- Barnes, Wes Mathews, Dirk, Noel, Curry, Smith Jr....they actually have a few pieces....

and like i said- i dont think the Nets will be the WORST- but its hard for me to see them being outside the worst 5- and i think its pretty much impossible for them to be better than 7th worst.
the article kinda agrees with my take about them improving, and relative to the rest of the east...aint that bad.
want a real shocker of a take?

the lakers pick will end up in the top 5. magic is going to hate himself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the article kinda agrees with my take about them improving, and relative to the rest of the east...aint that bad.

the Lakers are def. one of the worst 3 teams in the West with the Suns and Kings.......with no incentie to tank though-and them trying to attract FA's---i gotta think they will be better than the Kings and Suns-- and Nets--- if not- they might be looking at another very dismal summer next summer.

make no mistake though- I think RIGHT NOW the Suns prob have a better roster. I mean- Bledsoe and booker is a real solid NBA back court. Warren and Jackson- you could do a LOT worse at SF.....Chriss and Bender - are good prospects - but are young and prob wont be that good yet at PF---- but Len and Chandler is a decent center position

to me- its more about the Nets and how bad they are.

To me- Jeremy Linn is their only real NBA player and he isnt a starting PG but ona small handful of teams. if any. Deangelo Russell is young, plays no D, and just wants his numbers. Crabbe- is just a decent NBA player- ideally a bench player.

the team has had a bunch of turnover. Who leads this team now that Lopez is gone? Linn? Russell? LOL

the NEts front court is total basura. Mozgov, Hollis Jefferson and Trevor Booker is so so so bad. Its why i think they are just going to be awful again. They have 3 guys that can score-- Lin, Russell and Crabbe. No one plays D on this team. Lin and Russell are their only guys that can make a play. At least every other team has a guy or two who could start for a good team besides prob the Hawks and maybe the Bulls. The Nets just are awful.

but- mostly - the Nets front court is one of the worst i have ever seen.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets might not be terrible this year and that's bad news for Cavaliers fans

Brooklyn overhauled its roster this offseason
The Nets were the worst team in the NBA last year by four games, finishing just 20-62. When that painful season ended, Brooklyn GM Sean Marks took some dramatic steps to reshape the roster. Most notably:

Russell now becomes the new leading man in Brooklyn. Crabbe and Carroll are each useful 3-and-D style wings, even if both are considered to be overpaid. Mozgov is another player on a bad contract, but he can at least add veteran stability to the Brooklyn frontcourt.

Add those new additions to a roster that already includes guard Jeremy Lin, young wings Caris LeVert, Sean Kilpatrick, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, and a solid veteran forward in Trevor Booker, and suddenly the Nets look OK.

For an Eastern Conference team, anyway.

The Nets have no reason to tank. Many other teams do.
The great tank-off of 2018 has begun before the season even starts. There are at least eight teams that could gun for a high pick in a loaded 2018 NBA Draft:

The Nets, however, have no incentive to lose games at the end of the season. While teams like the Bulls, Hawks, and Knicks figure to be fighting for lottery odds, Brooklyn will be going out every night trying to win.

The Nets have a good coach in Kenny Atkinson. They have a lot of young players with something to prove. If Brooklyn is the eighth-worst team in the NBA instead of the worst, that pick becomes a lot less valuable.

Here is the problem though.

DeMare Carroll is running on fumes and I think it is entirely possible that Russell makes them worse. He is still really immature and strikes me as a me first player.

Lin also tends to struggle mightily when paired with ball dominant off guards, which is exactly what Russell is. I just don't think their acquisitions add many wins to a roster that frankly overachieved to win 20 games last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i mean- the article you quoted predicted the Nets to have the 4th worst record- which is exactly what i guessed the Nets would be before you posted it

anything between 2nd worst and 7th worst is likely---- anything past 7 or #1 would surprise me.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DeMare Carroll is running on fumes and I think it is entirely possible that Russell makes them worse. He is still really immature and strikes me as a me first player.

Lin also tends to struggle mightily when paired with ball dominant off guards, which is exactly what Russell is. I just don't think their acquisitions add many wins to a roster that frankly overachieved to win 20 games last year.
carroll didnt even start getting serious minutes until he got to atlanta a few years ago. i think lin and russel will be fine.

well, 30 win nets fine...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Nets back court/wing with Russell/Linn/Crabbe at least has guys that deserve to be in the NBA- about slightly below avg. players

its their bigs that are awful

can you remember a PF/C combo that is worse than Mozgov/Hollis Jefferson/Trevor Booker/Quincy Acy?

honestly- im not joking - there might be a college front court id rather hve- and i dont say that lightly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Nets back court/wing with Russell/Linn/Crabbe at least has guys that deserve to be in the NBA- about slightly below avg. players

its their bigs that are awful

can you remember a PF/C combo that is worse than Mozgov/Hollis Jefferson/Trevor Booker/Quincy Acy?

honestly- im not joking - there might be a college front court id rather hve- and i dont say that lightly.

I agree on both counts.

I view Lin, Crabbe and Russell as solid bench players on a good team.

Hollis-Jefferson and Booker are both NBA players, and HJ might be a solid rotational piece on a decent team, but neither should be in anybody's top 7-8, and 1 will start for the Nets. I would take them over any college group for this year, because it is men vs. boys, but there are certainly college groups I would take over them long term.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on both counts.

I view Lin, Crabbe and Russell as solid bench players on a good team.

Hollis-Jefferson and Booker are both NBA players, and HJ might be a solid rotational piece on a decent team, but neither should be in anybody's top 7-8, and 1 will start for the Nets. I would take them over any college group for this year, because it is men vs. boys, but there are certainly college groups I would take over them long term.
I mean- Orlando sucks

but- Vuvevic, Biyombo, Gordon, Isaac is at least a REAL front court.

The Kings are not good- but George Hill is a legit NBA point guard- and Hill/Hield/Fox/VC at least has real NBA players-- Skal, Koufous, Randolph, Cauley-Stein is NOT a good front court- but its light years better than the Nets.

The Bulls and Hawks are really bad though. Esp. the Hawks.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again you show your stupidity....this isnt even in the same league as what we are even talking about

I was talking about how free agents are picking teams---- based on where they can win--- if there was a 2nd factor id say it was money---- WHERE is WAY down below those other 2...maybe its a tiebreaker if everything else is even.

but Lamarcus Aldridge did not go to SAS over LAL because SAS is a better lifestyle for a player. Kevin Love didnt resign in Cleveland because he thought hed rather live there than go back to his Alma matter in LA.

Haywrad didnt say- ya know what? id rather freeze my ass off in Boston than go to Miami--- he went to Boston because of the chance to win and to play for his coach

No one is going to Miami just because its Miami--- no one. No one is going there period until they have a chance to make some noise- no one significant anyway. And that simply isnt happening anytime soon considering Miami has no assets to pull off a trade for a star, no cap space, and no opportunity to win big.

1. chance to win
2. money

3. where

I can only explain it to you, I can't make you comprehend it.
I'm saying that right now, you are correct.
Players that want to win need to join other elite players to win.
What you can't seem to grasp is that in the not to distant near future, it will be beyond extremely hard to be in a position to unite elite players based on the current rising salaries combined with the severity of the luxury tax.

The 3 teams that pulled it off since 2010 were the Heat, Cavs and Warriors.
It took perfect storms to create those scenarios.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are just plain being greedy.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only explain it to you, I can't make you comprehend it.
I'm saying that right now, you are correct.
Players that want to win need to join other elite players to win.
What you can't seem to grasp is that in the not to distant near future, it will be beyond extremely hard to be in a position to unite elite players based on the current rising salaries combined with the severity of the luxury tax.

The 3 teams that pulled it off since 2010 were the Heat, Cavs and Warriors.
It took perfect storms to create those scenarios.
do you know how you do that?

you draft 2-3 studs by bottoming out--- and then BEFORE they get their big contracts- you sign a major free agent or two.

you CANT do that if you sign a bunch of mediocre players to 12M dollar contracts in order to get the 7 seed.

but if you are the Sixers- and Embiid, simmons, Fultz and saric are all on rookie deals- you have the cap space to sign 2 max guys easily if you clear the room

how about the Lakers? same thing--- say Ball and or Ingram become stars (more inclined to Ball than Ingram thats for sure) but say they do?- EASY to add that thirdg uy

or the Suns with Booker and Jackson......or the Celtics with Kyrie and Hayward and Brown and Tatum----

it takes planning nad patience and some luck---- but it can and will happen- just not to the teams that are happy being mediocre.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge has openly and officially told Cleveland..................Tatum and Brown are untouchable. No more first round picks. According to Chris Mannix, he has pretty much told the Cavs to take or leave it. Mannix pretty much believes that if Crowder and IT don't want to come back to Boston, Ainge will deal them and take the best he can get.

Kyrie is pissed because Boston was his first choice team. The other teams interested in trading for him are also rans and will never be factors in the post season.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs please walk away.

IT was diagnosed last may with a right femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear.

Isaiah Thomas will miss the remainder of this year’s postseason following re-aggravation of a right femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear during Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals against Cleveland.

This condition is very likely to re-occur without surgery. The surgery is brutal and requires 6-9 months of recovery and often a second follow-up surgery. If you opt not to have surgery, you opt to deal with a lot of symptom management (playing can be painful) and you risk re-injury of the labrum.

Only one NBA player has ever played after having this surgery... Wilson Chandler. Chandler missed an entire season following the surgery (at age 24) and has played in 54% of his available games since.

I hope for the best for IT. I really hope that whatever he opts for works out for him and he's able to have a long career.

If the Cavs medical staff has any belief that surgery will be needed, I really think the Cavs should walk away.