• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be so much easier had danny not unnecessarily included the brooklyn pick.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how the fuck do you do "due dillegence" before performing your own unbiased actual examination?

i mean- sure you could read news stories- and listen to what the Celtics are telling you- which i am sure they did

but how do you KNOW before you actually have your own doctors look at a guy?

forgive me if i am mistaken- but im pretty sure BEFORE the terms were agreed to- Isiah wasnt hanging out at the cleveland clinic getting examined by doctors.

Maybe its just baseball and football and hockey, but most medicals are reviewed before trades are made. Which means you get the reports from the doctors that HAVE BEEN TREATING HIM, and eventually decide what condition the player is in before you make the deal. None of the reports on this trade were "pending" physicals. Everyone knew Thomas was hurt and if he loses his speed, he is just another 5 foot point guard that wont be the same player.

My point was I did not think IT was the focal point of this deal, its guaranteeing a top 3 player in the draft next year.

All of this seems to be media driven BS anyway.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other perfectly good reasons to not want to give IT a long term deal at big $$$. His height, for instance.

Anywho: my point still stands, then. There is really nothing out there to suggest that IT might miss the whole season... most talk I've seen has centered around whether IT would be ready day 1 or might miss weeks or perhaps a month or two. Wild talk about the whole season is just that: wild talk.
"most talk"

that means nothing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its just baseball and football and hockey, but most medicals are reviewed before trades are made. Which means you get the reports from the doctors that HAVE BEEN TREATING HIM, and eventually decide what condition the player is in before you make the deal. None of the reports on this trade were "pending" physicals. Everyone knew Thomas was hurt and if he loses his speed, he is just another 5 foot point guard that wont be the same player.

My point was I did not think IT was the focal point of this deal, its guaranteeing a top 3 player in the draft next year.

All of this seems to be media driven BS anyway.
"none of the reports on this trade were "pending" physicals"

literally every single trade in the NBA is pending a physical and sign off by the receiving teams doctor.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you of course are an idiot as usual

Greg Monroe picked the Bucks over LA.

The Minnesota Timberwolves just got Butler. Have Towns, and Wiggins- all 3 guys that have been acquired without free agency.

As we saw with Boston- a team that basically NEVER gets elite free agents--- they just got an elite free agent- and their main competition was Miami who all i have heard from years from you clowns is how much guys want to play there. lol. Well- you were wrong.

guys are pretty much choosing to go where they can win. Its why Miami has not gotten anyone and isnt likely to get anyone.

Sure.:crazy:
You're saying Cavs will win enough post LeBron to draw top FA's?
Not only that, no chance in hell that deep pockets Gilbert sniffs paying taxes again.

What I'm saying is that it will turn into the same cycle it was pre James.
Like I said, you will bail, but Cavs fans will be hoping to just make the playoffs.

As far as the Heat (why are they even in your response?), the W/L results as well as the FA's that have chosen to come here speak for themselves over the same two decades.

The league changed in 2010 with the forming of super teams.

The new rules/penalties will, in the pretty near future IMO , eliminate more being built.

When things equal out, Miami has a huge edge over most other cities.

Also,
Hayward is FAR from ELITE, not NEAR worth chopping away multiple pieces of your roster for.
#facts

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh*

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree at this point.
im just saying "media reports", what the Celtics say- does not mean anything--- it means less than nothing

the only thing that matteres is the evaluation that the receiving teams doctors give to management.

If those doctors say--- hey- he will be fine with rest and rehab and the risk of re-injury is back to normal---- cool

if the doctors say-- he can get back on the court with rest and rehab- but there is a material chance re injury occurs because the crux of the problem was not solved and can only be solved via surgery---- then veto.

its just as simple as that.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just saying "media reports", what the Celtics say- does not mean anything--- it means less than nothing

the only thing that matteres is the evaluation that the receiving teams doctors give to management.

If those doctors say--- hey- he will be fine with rest and rehab and the risk of re-injury is back to normal---- cool

if the doctors say-- he can get back on the court with rest and rehab- but there is a material chance re injury occurs because the crux of the problem was not solved and can only be solved via surgery---- then veto.

At this point, looks like the trade is gonna go through... that seems to be the consensus of reporters and such who are following the situation.

So... all of our hang wringing here will likely be academic.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, looks like the trade is gonna go through... that seems to be the consensus of reporters and such who are following the situation.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.:crazy:
You're saying Cavs will win enough post LeBron to draw top FA's?
Not only that, no chance in hell that deep pockets Gilbert sniffs paying taxes again.

What I'm saying is that it will turn into the same cycle it was pre James.
Like I said, you will bail, but Cavs fans will be hoping to just make the playoffs.

As far as the Heat (why are they even in your response?), the W/L results as well as the FA's that have chosen to come here speak for themselves over the same two decades.

The league changed in 2010 with the forming of super teams.

The new rules/penalties will, in the pretty near future IMO , eliminate more being built.

When things equal out, Miami has a huge edge over most other cities.

Also,
Hayward is FAR from ELITE, not NEAR worth chopping away multiple pieces of your roster for.
#facts
well you are bitter and constantly wrong...and its hilarious to hear the guy that says its smarter to sign 3-4 mediocre schmucks then a star say a team wont win because they cant sign a star---but thats besides the point

Free agents are picking teams where they can win- no matter where they are.

Its why Miami cant get anyone and a team like Boston who historically is a free agent dead zone gets the only major free agent to change teams this offseason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i tend to agree.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why? IF Cavs place the most value on the Nets pick AND they have no commitment from James?
I think how the Cavs handle this will give a pretty true indication of what they feel James is doing next summer.
Giving I.T. a max next summer was never a good idea, and if James leaves there's no shot Gilbert should or would.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why? IF Cavs place the most value on the Nets pick AND they have no commitment from James?
I think how the Cavs handle this will give a pretty true indication of what they feel James is doing next summer.
Giving I.T. a max next summer was never a good idea, and if James leaves there's no shot Gilbert should or would.
this fallacy taht Thomas is going to get a max is stupid too

who would the Cavs be bidding against to give Thomas a max?

you just simply dont have the mental capacity to think these things through.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course.
Post James (which most everyone thinks is happening next summer), the pick means tons more than them then I.T.'s bum hip.
Warriors are near locks to win again anyway unless injuries occur.

On top of that, I believe Gilbert saves 24M this year.

He's NOT going rescind this.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how the Celtics value Brown more than they value the BKN pick, yet the Cavs are supposed to be totally cool with the BKN pick basically being what they get for Kyrie.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this fallacy taht Thomas is going to get a max is stupid too

who would the Cavs be bidding against to give Thomas a max?

you just simply dont have the mental capacity to think these things through.

He says he wants a max.
I agree he's not going to get it.
If he's healthy though he'll get a decent sized offer in my opinion, but maybe for 3 years vs 4 or 5.

Who were the Cavs bidding against when they signed Tristan and J.R.?
Difference now would be no James which means no taxes.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how the Celtics value Brown more than they value the BKN pick, yet the Cavs are supposed to be totally cool with the BKN pick basically being what they get for Kyrie.
because...brown was taken 3rd. that brooklyn pick will be closer to ten.

and browns upside is huge. he is a known.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because...brown was taken 3rd. that brooklyn pick will be closer to ten.

and browns upside is huge. he is a known.

But Celtics would trade Kyrie for Brown straight up in a heartbeat, right? Kyrie > Brown > BKN pick.

Point being... lets stop pretending like the BKN pick is this magical asset that means the Cavs should be happy with the trade no matter what else is included or how healthy Isaiah is.