• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Gold! Isaiah Thomas spotted on XBOX... playing as the Cavs.... beating up on the Celtics. Fuck it, I don't care if he's injured, bring this dude aboard.

And, yes, thats really him...

you will love his game, attitude, and hustle...until his height becomes a defensive liability.

i loved watching him here.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you will love his game, attitude, and hustle...until his height becomes a defensive liability.

i loved watching him here.

Excuse me Rock but I'm pretty sure you're in the wrong thread, it's not about Brady. So get out!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send him back.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand this. Wasn't the gem of this trade the nets pick next year? Rose will be IT's backup anyway and not play the fourth quarters. I thought for sure all the buzz about this trade was how badly the Cavs brand new GM fleeced Danny Ainge on this trade. Now they are going back looking for more because they did not do their due diligence on the hip problem and are going to give up that coveted pick?

Maybe Ainge can pay part of IT's salary for the games he misses next year, that will be about 2 million.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting, Vardon is pretty credible.

The Cavs have a few days to decide whether to void the deal.

My guess is the Celtics said "take it or leave it", and the Cavs are using the next few days to talk to other teams about their potential offers before making up their mind.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, Vardon is pretty credible.

The Cavs have a few days to decide whether to void the deal.

My guess is the Celtics said "take it or leave it", and the Cavs are using the next few days to talk to other teams about their potential offers before making up their mind.

Hopefully someone else gets even dumber than Ainge. Save him from himself.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they are going back looking for more because they did not do their due diligence on the hip problem and are going to give up that coveted pick?

You realize there is a reason that Players have 1 week to report to teams and teams have 1 week + 24 hours to complete a physical and chose to void the deal?

This isn't about the Cavs due dilligence. Physicals are something that happen before any trade is truly official, and any team that finds something different than what they were told would be an idiot not to at least pause and consider their options.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why the Celtics added the BK pick.

No one is denying that the Celtics offer was strong because of IT's health... but there's still a question of the extent of his injury and the timeline for return.

If the Celtics doctors thought he would miss 1 month and that's what they told the Cavs... but then the Cavs doctors said he'll miss 4 months (just purely hypothetical here)... both teams, imo, are justified in being upset with the other, cause both are gonna rightfully suspect the other of manipulating the health assessment for their own leverage.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is denying that the Celtics offer was strong because of IT's health... but there's still a question of the extent of his injury and the timeline for return.

If the Celtics doctors thought he would miss 1 month and that's what they told the Cavs... but then the Cavs doctors said he'll miss 4 months (just purely hypothetical here)... both teams, imo, are justified in being upset with the other, cause both are gonna rightfully suspect the other of manipulating the health assessment for their own leverage.

The reg season doesn't mean shit.....the season is a marathon, not a sprint. If he missed 2-3 months (hell even 4) big deal. The playoffs are all that matter.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reg season doesn't mean shit.....the season is a marathon, not a sprint. If he missed 2-3 months (hell even 4) big deal. The playoffs are all that matter.

LOL, this is so easy for other teams to say.

Even if the Cavs ultimately decide that they can get by a few months without IT and that the deal is still worth it --- they have every right to be upset, to stop and re-consider, if they feel like the Celtics were either deceitful or just wrong about the extent of the injury to the player that would be the Cavs 2nd best player next season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When its a new player that you never played with then its a big deal. Assuming he misses 4 months. It basically gives him a month and a half to learn how to play with lbj and vice versa. That's extremely short

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When its a new player that you never played with then its a big deal. Assuming he misses 4 months. It basically gives him a month and a half to learn how to play with lbj and vice versa. That's extremely short

Exactly.

Not to mention the impact on the health of other players. For example, that would mean Rose puts in a LOT more minutes this season. A benefit of having Isaiah would be being able to limit Rose's minutes and hopefully keep him healthy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand this. Wasn't the gem of this trade the nets pick next year? Rose will be IT's backup anyway and not play the fourth quarters. I thought for sure all the buzz about this trade was how badly the Cavs brand new GM fleeced Danny Ainge on this trade. Now they are going back looking for more because they did not do their due diligence on the hip problem and are going to give up that coveted pick?

Maybe Ainge can pay part of IT's salary for the games he misses next year, that will be about 2 million.
how the fuck do you do "due dillegence" before performing your own unbiased actual examination?

i mean- sure you could read news stories- and listen to what the Celtics are telling you- which i am sure they did

but how do you KNOW before you actually have your own doctors look at a guy?

forgive me if i am mistaken- but im pretty sure BEFORE the terms were agreed to- Isiah wasnt hanging out at the cleveland clinic getting examined by doctors.