• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I disagree. With everything else that has gone on, do you honestly think that having Kyrie in camp is in any way good for the Cavs?

I mean, he's made it clear he wants out, he's taken shots at Lebron and said he doesn't want to play with him. How do you think Cavs fans are going to react? I'm betting it ain't gonna be pretty.

Personally, I want Kyrie back in Cleveland. Just for the entertainment value. :dhd:

Its obviously not ideal. But it's not so horrible of a thing that the Cavs need to rush into a deal, imo.

Even if the Cavs decided to bench him, his trade value would be fine as everyone would know why he's benched. Cavs can get by a few months without him. Celtics on the other hand would be in trouble this season with an injured and/or disgruntled IT.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If IT is missing most of the season, his trade value drops to almost nothing. He's a free agent next off season so why would a team trade for him if he's injured this season.

Once IT plays his first game, well know which team is trying to pull a fast one here. Right now, we just don't know.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its obviously not ideal. But it's not so horrible of a thing that the Cavs need to rush into a deal, imo.

Even if the Cavs decided to bench him, his trade value would be fine as everyone would know why he's benched. Cavs can get by a few months without him. Celtics on the other hand would be in trouble this season with an injured and/or disgruntled IT.

What I'm saying though is that his trade value isn't fine. The Cavs aren't looking to trade him because they want to trade him, they are looking to trade him because he wants out. The Cavs are dealing from a position of weakness because teams know they need to move him.

The closest they are likely to get to fair market value is this trade. It's extremely unlikely that they will see another offer this good.

Folks aren't saying that the Celtics are overpaying him because he's not worth what they offered, he is. Folks are saying they overpaid because they didn't have to give up that much to get him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be amazing..lol

but- what will probably occur is just the Clippers pick-- which would be fine-

having the Cavs own pick and the Clippers pick might be enough to get something good on its own if they wanted too----

Could the suns really turn down two first round picks and the chance to tank big time for Bledsoe?

i dunno.

2 first rounders, Shumperts contract, some cap filler for Bledsoe- id dig it.

no way in fuck the Cavs get Brown or Tatum or id be fall out of my chair.

Asking for more now probably ruins the chance that any deal gets done. The Cavs are not in a position of leverage, and they are being super greedy. If they had another comparable deal worked out as an alternative, then fine. They don't.

Boston should just end all talks with Cleveland out of principle.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If IT is missing most of the season, his trade value drops to almost nothing. He's a free agent next off season so why would a team trade for him if he's injured this season.

Once IT plays his first game, well know which team is trying to pull a fast one here. Right now, we just don't know.

I disagree.

The trade package is fair with Isaiah as damaged goods. Would be ridiculously unfair if he were right. Boston was already paying the injured IT price when they threw in the Nets pick.

The Cavs are trying to pretend that Kyrie is just as valuable as the truly elite players in the league. He isn't.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

The trade package is fair with Isaiah as damaged goods. Would be ridiculously unfair if he were right. Boston was already paying the injured IT price when they threw in the Nets pick.

The Cavs are trying to pretend that Kyrie is just as valuable as the truly elite players in the league. He isn't.
I'm talking about just IT.

He's an unrestricted free agent next year. If he's missing most of this season, his trade value is almost nothing.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are dealing from a position of weakness because teams know they need to move him.

This is true to an extent, but only matters if there's only one suitor the Cavs are dealing with. If they have 2 or more teams that want Kyrie, that's where the leverage comes from.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deal will get reworked to everyones satisfaction...without tatum or brown involved.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had another comparable deal worked out as an alternative, then fine. They dont.

I mean, we don't know that. If the Cavs are serious about voiding this deal - and none of us knows whether they are... They'd be smart to get the suns, bucks, nuggets, etc on the phone over the next couple days, keeping the Boston deal as an option until it expires Wednesday.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

i think they will get another asset- not a major assest- but something like the clippers pick

we will see who is right.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is touchy, because danny finally made a real trade instead of trying to r*pe another team like he always looks to do.
wic had to get involved...my guess...for that exact reason. "dont fuck around danny, make them a fair deal".
thomas' hip will be fine. they'll add another small piece.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First rounders are supposedly off the table.

God I hope this deal blows up.

They can move IT at the TD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Gold! Isaiah Thomas spotted on XBOX... playing as the Cavs.... beating up on the Celtics. Fuck it, I don't care if he's injured, bring this dude aboard.

And, yes, thats really him...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Gold! Isaiah Thomas spotted on XBOX... playing as the Cavs.... beating up on the Celtics. Fuck it, I don't care if he's injured, bring this dude aboard.

And, yes, thats really him...

lmao i'll beat the little twerp like he stole something...:pound:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, we don't know that. If the Cavs are serious about voiding this deal - and none of us knows whether they are... They'd be smart to get the suns, bucks, nuggets, etc on the phone over the next couple days, keeping the Boston deal as an option until it expires Wednesday.

i'm not seeing any other team out there giving up the same assets Boston did. but like you said, we'll see...