• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said 10. I said 5-7.

You didn't. Others have.

I still think 5-7 is too high. 1-5 is the range for me with a legit chance of being 1.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Boston throws in a future 2nd so cavs can save face a little and Celtics can be done with it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't. Others have.

I still think 5-7 is too high. 1-5 is the range for me with a legit chance of being 1.
Yeah, they are competing for the bottom... no doubt...

That being said, if I were handicapping... the Nets wouldn't be the #1 seed.

You seen Atlanta's roster? Good god, they suck. A couple teams out West are gonna face a tougher schedule, too.

Finally, I think there's a better chance that the Nets actually try to win games... given that they have no reason to tank. Other teams may go into full tank mode in short order.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Boston throws in a future 2nd so cavs can save face a little and Celtics can be done with it.
Maybe... but, frankly, I hope the C's hold their ground as a matter of principle.

Even if it would be a small price to pay, even if it would hurt us to refuse such a request. You can't just let yourself be pushed around like this.

And screw us helping out Cleveland to "save face." Screw Cleveland.

We'll see how it plays out.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 70.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying man! I'm blowing up Twitter! I hope they hear me!!

I agree. This is not Boston's fault. If Cleveland didn't know about IT's injury, they must have had their heads in the sand. Boston can NOT cave and give them another draft pick.

Keep tweeting, man.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe... but, frankly, I hope the C's hold their ground as a matter of principle.

Even if it would be a small price to pay, even if it would hurt us to refuse such a request. You can't just let yourself be pushed around like this.

:10: Why should anyone want to help Cleveland save face...?

take what you got and like it, or the deal's off...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they are competing for the bottom... no doubt...

That being said, if I were handicapping... the Nets wouldn't be the #1 seed.

You seen Atlanta's roster? Good god, they suck. A couple teams out West are gonna face a tougher schedule, too.

Finally, I think there's a better chance that the Nets actually try to win games... given that they have no reason to tank. Other teams may go into full tank mode in short order.
^ All of this ^

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. This is not Boston's fault. If Cleveland didn't know about IT's injury, they must have had their heads in the sand. Boston can NOT cave and give them another draft pick.

Keep tweeting, man.
Lol share your inside info with us all since you know exactly what ITs health status is and exactly what the Celtics told the Cavs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick your head in the sand......they have been Tweeting shit all summer......
Lol so you got nothing.

LeBron had mentioned Kyrie once in a tweet this summer and it was thanking him and praising him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your still missing Cleveland's side of this. If the Celtics for example said IT is gonna miss some month and the Cavs doctors said IT is gonna 6 months... Cavs have every right to be upset... To balk and reconsider.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 70.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol share your inside info with us all since you know exactly what ITs health status is and exactly what the Celtics told the Cavs.

Everyone who watched the play-offs last year knew IT was injured. There is the saying....Buyer Beware....that fits this situation....

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your still missing Cleveland's side of this. If the Celtics for example said IT is gonna miss some month and the Cavs doctors said IT is gonna 6 months... Cavs have every right to be upset... To balk and reconsider.
Perhaps...

... but still, it's only the NBA regular season. Who cares, quite frankly?

If there is no reaggravation on this injury, IT should almost certainly be back to get some regular season warm up time in... and then be ready to ball for the playoffs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone who watched the play-offs last year knew IT was injured. There is the saying....Buyer Beware....that fits this situation....

Yes Cavs knew he was injured. Its the extent of the injury and timeline where there might have been a surprise.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps...

... but still, it's only the NBA regular season. Who cares, quite frankly?

If there is no reaggravation on this injury, IT should almost certainly be back to get some regular season warm up time in... and then be ready to ball for the playoffs.

Who cares if you're 1 year rental is actually a 2 month rental?

Whether or not the Cavs can handle his missing time is something theyll have to consider... But irrelevant to the fact that they feel like the deal they agreed to isn't the deal they're getting.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest... ^this^ is the least likely scenario of all.

Boston knows IT is going to get a physical on the other side. Any lie the C's could tell would be found out... and the C's have no way around that simple fact.

So why would they have lied?... makes no sense at all.
I mean, it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that they downplayed his injury.

It might not " REQUIRE " surgery.

But, surgery might be the better long term option and it will force him to miss extended time.

I'm pretty sure the Cavs would rather have Eric Bledsoe who is ready to go in October over Isiah who is ready in March.

I guess it's a matter of how important is that Brooklyn pick to the Cavs and how much they want to put their faith in Rose and those knees held together by wet tissue paper.

As for recent precedent of Teams being misled, exhibit A. We all knew Jrue had a injury too.

76ers ordered to pay Pelicans $3 million for not disclosing Holiday’s injuries

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Cavs knew he was injured. Its the extent of the injury and timeline where there might have been a surprise.
Either way, I'm in the camp that says give em nothing else. Let em walk if they want to. The BKN pick was more than enough compensation for any time IT will miss. That's what I think was discussed beforehand.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if you're 1 year rental is actually a 2 month rental?
Yes, who cares.

The regular season means very little to a team like Cleveland. Heck, LeBron has basically flat out said as much.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regular season means very little to a team like Cleveland. Heck, LeBron has basically flat out said as much.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I see your point.

I wouldnt increase my offer.

But, not having him for most of the Season makes the haul you got make perfect sense.