• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible that the Celtics purposefully misled the Cavs.

Possible that the Cavs had no surprises with the physical and are just trying to squeeze assets.

Both of those are unlikely to me though. Likely, the Celtics doctors and Cavs doctors have a difference of opinion, in which case both sides are justified in being upset with the other.

I still think the Cavs can walk away easier. Irvings trade value is fine and cavs can wait for the deadline if needed. Who cares if they can't get a better deal than the imaginary one where IT is healthy. It's imaginary and funny how the Celtics fans are suddenly back to over valuing that pick.

IT's trade value just went from a 1 year rental to a 2 month rental. And Celtics have no point guard for awhile if this doesn't get done.

You don't think they have the assets to find another PG if needed?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest... ^this^ is the least likely scenario of all.

Boston knows IT is going to get a physical on the other side. Any lie the C's could tell would be found out... and the C's have no way around that simple fact.

So why would they have lied?... makes no sense at all.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest... ^this^ is the least likely scenario of all.

Boston knows IT is going to get a physical on the other side. Any lie the C's could tell would be found out... and the C's have no way around that simple fact.

So why would they have lied?... makes no sense at all.
Agreed. I really think it's just a difference of opinion on the doctors and I fully understand why both sides are upset.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possible that the Cavs had no surprises with the physical and are just trying to squeeze assets.

Both of those are unlikely to me though. Likely, the Celtics doctors and Cavs doctors have a difference of opinion, in which case both sides are justified in being upset with the other.

I still think the Cavs can walk away easier. Irvings trade value is fine and cavs can wait for the deadline if needed. Who cares if they can't get a better deal than the imaginary one where IT is healthy. It's imaginary and funny how the Celtics fans are suddenly back to over valuing that pick.

IT's trade value just went from a 1 year rental to a 2 month rental. And Celtics have no point guard for awhile if this doesn't get done.

They can't start the season with Irving on the roster, no fucking way. James and Irving have been clowning
each other all summer.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I really think it's just a difference of opinion on the doctors and I fully understand why both sides are upset.
Yeah, I agree with you here... although, frankly, I think there may be a small possibility that Cleveland is playing extortion games, too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it'll be needed. A Smart/Rozier rotation sounds bad.

The season doesn't start for 2 months.
How bad is the hip?
When can he be ready to play?

Anyway, I still believe Cavs aren't backing out.
Just hoping for more.
Between James, Rose, Calderon they'd be fine until I.T. is healthy.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season doesn't start for 2 months.
How bad is the hip?
When can he be ready to play?
I don't know. But, if he's going to miss significant time during the season he'll likely need to be replaced.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ A highly debatable claim... especially if this C's deal falls through because Cleveland backed out of it.

Kyrie very vocally wants out of Cleveland, everybody knows it... and now the Cleveland front office is a difficult, reneging mess to have to deal with on top of that.

Who else is going to be lining up for a 2 year rental on Kyrie? Who else is going to offer close to what the C's did?
Fair enough. It's a messy situation for both teams which is why I don't think either side is doing this on purpose.

For me, if IT is gonna miss significant time, I'd rather the Cavs walk away or involve a third team to turn the assets into other ready-to-contribute players.

Reportedly the Bucks offered Middleton, Brogdon, and a 1st. If that's true... that's better than the Celtics offer IF Thomas is missing most of the year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't start the season with Irving on the roster, no fucking way. James and Irving have been clowning
each other all summer.
No they haven't. Show me one thing either of them directly did or said. That's all media.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with you here... although, frankly, I think there may be a small possibility that Cleveland is playing extortion games, too.
Yeah, agree it's more likely the rookie GM is being stupid than Ainge.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reportedly the Bucks offered Middleton, Brogdon, and a 1st. If that's true... that's better than the Celtics offer IF Thomas is missing most of the year.
I respectfully disagree with you here... even IF Thomas misses half the season or something like that. The playoffs is what matters for a team like Cleveland, anyways.

That aside: the Brooklyn pick alone makes the C's offer better than that Bucks offer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, unless Isaiah needs surgery, I don't see what the rhubarb is here.

Cleveland knew Isaiah was nursing an injury going in. Wasn't a secret or anything.
I kind of agree with you

and I mean---- in the grand scheme of things big fucking deal if Isiah isnt around on opening night---- its not like they really need him until February.....

Derek Rose for a couple months wouldnt be the worst thing. Mo Williams started for the Cavs for almost a couple months when Kyrie was out and he did fine a couple years ago when Kyrie was out till almost mid-January.

I think there will be some additional compensation- like the Clippers pick maybe--- but it would shock me if it was the Memphis pick- and i would laugh my ass off if it was the Lakers/Kings pick.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree with you here... even IF Thomas misses half the season or something like that. The playoffs is what matters for a team like Cleveland, anyways.

That aside: the Brooklyn pick alone makes the C's offer better than that Bucks offer.

Your probably right. Admittedly, I'm a LeBron fan first and a Cavs fan second, so that affects the way I evaluate future assets vs assets that help now.

For me, it depends on what they do with that Brooklyn pick. If there's a possibility that becomes Gasol at the deadline, for example, then I agree with you.

If they intend to hold it and are throwing in the towel on keeping LeBron, I think that's a mistake.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deron Williams.
Ugh. ;-)

Really, though, it doesn't matter... because the C's aren't winning next season anyways. At this point, no one out there is winning besides Golden State, with only Cleveland representing an outside shot in heck (if they can swap the Brooklyn pick for help now).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree with you

and I mean---- in the grand scheme of things big fucking deal if Isiah isnt around on opening night---- its not like they really need him until February.....

Derek Rose for a couple months wouldnt be the worst thing. Mo Williams started for the Cavs for almost a couple months when Kyrie was out and he did fine a couple years ago when Kyrie was out till almost mid-January.

I think there will be some additional compensation- like the Clippers pick maybe--- but it would shock me if it was the Memphis pick- and i would laugh my ass off if it was the Lakers/Kings pick.

I doubt the offer is increased.
It'll turn into a game of chicken for a few days, but in the end Cavs won't back out for the reason you've just stated.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. ;-)

Really, though, it doesn't matter... because the C's aren't winning next season anyways. At this point, no one out there is winning besides Golden State, with only Cleveland representing an outside shot in heck (if they can swap the Brooklyn pick for help now).

I also believe that if I.T. was forced to stay, he'd forgive and forget because he still needs to play his best if he's hoping to cash in next summer.
Kyrie and James would be toxic.