• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we find something out soon. Lot at stake.

I already know what's going to happen.

The Celtics will convince the Cavs that IT's hip is fine and the trade will go through.

Prior to the all star break, IT's hip will literally fall off. This will prompt Lebron to demand a mid-season trade to the Lakers for Luol Deng and cash.

After being eliminated by the Lakers in the 1st round and seeing the Lakers fall to GSW in a tough 7 game series, PG will join the Lakers in the off season. Then, the following season, the Lakers will crush the Celtics in the finals.

Celtics fans will cry and blame the refs.

:nod:

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Celtics will convince the Cavs that IT's hip is fine and the trade will go through.

Prior to the all star break, IT's hip will literally fall off. This will prompt Lebron to demand a mid-season trade to the Lakers for Luol Deng and cash.

After being eliminated by the Lakers in the 1st round and seeing the Lakers fall to GSW in a tough 7 game series, PG will join the Lakers in the off season. Then, the following season, the Lakers will crush the Celtics in the finals.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, most of us that were critical about this trade from the Boston perspective stated it was a bad deal if Isiah was hea!thy.

He clearly isnt.

So, it makes sense now.
Yea. There are a couple that think the pick is worth more than Kyrie, I strongly disagree with that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. There are a couple that think the pick is worth more than Kyrie, I strongly disagree with that.

All I ask is that you hold judgement on that until you at least see how your team does with Kyrie. I really think a healthy IT fits the Celtics better.

Also, for those saying this deal is good for the Celtics long term? I couldn't disagree more. Has Kyrie given any indication he plans to stay beyond 2 years? I didn't see the Celtics on his list of preferred teams. If you think winning will entice him to stay, consider that he is leaving the 3 time defending Eastern conference champ. This dude seriously believes the earth is flat. He marches to his own drummer. I don't think fitting him into the Celtics unselfish style or assuming that he will want to resign in 2 years is wise at all.

Boston's window isn't really open yet anyway. They aren't a serious threat to beat GS either this year or next. Their window comes into play once those young stars and picks start maturing and hopefully for them GS loses somebody.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds good to me.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I ask is that you hold judgement on that until you at least see how your team does with Kyrie. I really think a healthy IT fits the Celtics better.

Also, for those saying this deal is good for the Celtics long term? I couldn't disagree more. Has Kyrie given any indication he plans to stay beyond 2 years? I didn't see the Celtics on his list of preferred teams. If you think winning will entice him to stay, consider that he is leaving the 3 time defending Eastern conference champ. This dude seriously believes the earth is flat. He marches to his own drummer. I don't think fitting him into the Celtics unselfish style or assuming that he will want to resign in 2 years is wise at all.

Boston's window isn't really open yet anyway. They aren't a serious threat to beat GS either this year or next. Their window comes into play once those young stars and picks start maturing and hopefully for them GS loses somebody.
I can't intelligently discuss what a dude I don't know or have never spoken with will do in two years. I know local media and Woj both seem to think the organization has a very good feeling about him resigning.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I didn't object to it being included......and it'll be top 5-7, not 2-3 like a lot seem to think.

I don't get this viewpoint.

Their roster is awful. They added a couple marginal players like Carroll. They have a couple young players like LeVert and Hollis Jefferson who are improving, but still far away from being a solid contributor on a good team. They also lost Lopez, who was far and away their best player.

As for Russell? He isn't elevating that team. He seems like the kind of player who has his own agenda. That is the main reason the Lakers were willing to send him on.

The Nets probably still have the worst roster in the NBA. If they finish outside the bottom 3, it will most likely be because others are trying to lose and they aren't.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I didn't object to it being included......and it'll be top 5-7, not 2-3 like a lot seem to think.

Brooklyn's a tad better than last year in a weak Eastern conference. guess we'll see if it matters...

Yeah, like @bksballer89 said in another thread, Brooklyn won't have the worst record in the East, if Atlanta stays as currently constructed.

Two or three Western Teams will also finish worse by virtue of playing more games against tougher competion.