• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston gonna give them ANOTHER pick to sweetin a deal that already has the Cavs mouth full of cavities.

Or

Face a possible return to sender.

No way can they bring Thomas back into that locker room and no way they can trade him elsewhere for more than pennies on the dollar.

Cavs got them over a barrel.

I disagree that they couldn't bring him back. Boston loves IT. There would be hard feelings, but they could be repaired.

Still, don't think Boston significantly improves their offer. That would be monumentally stupid.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were them id do everything i could to squeeze every last drop out of Irving that they could- even if its posturing.

If its NOT posturing and there is actually a problem- they will have to void the deal. I am sure neither side wants that- but if there is an actual problem thats the only solution unless Boston wants to up the ante.
Pick, Brown, Tatum or Void?

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that they couldn't bring him back. Boston loves IT. There would be hard feelings, but they could be repaired.

Still, don't think Boston significantly improves their offer. That would be monumentally stupid.
No.

They couldn't bring him back.

No way.

- Isaiah Thomas is upset the Boston Celtics traded him to the Cavaliers, who apparently have their work cut out for them to make their new two-time All-Star point guard feel better.

All of that is according to Hall of Fame point guard Isiah Thomas, who said on the MMA Hour in Las Vegas Friday that he spoke to the Cavs' Thomas and described him as "emotionally...wounded" by the trade.

"He said he gave his heart and soul to the Celtics," Isiah Thomas said. "He gave them everything. It's a business and we all understand that it's a business, but to have it happen in such a way for him. I think it really hurt him. I think it's going to be difficult for him to trust again, to give that trust, that loyalty, that love to another organization.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZmL17.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

No way.

- Isaiah Thomas is upset the Boston Celtics traded him to the Cavaliers, who apparently have their work cut out for them to make their new two-time All-Star point guard feel better.

All of that is according to Hall of Fame point guard Isiah Thomas, who said on the MMA Hour in Las Vegas Friday that he spoke to the Cavs' Thomas and described him as "emotionally...wounded" by the trade.

"He said he gave his heart and soul to the Celtics," Isiah Thomas said. "He gave them everything. It's a business and we all understand that it's a business, but to have it happen in such a way for him. I think it really hurt him. I think it's going to be difficult for him to trust again, to give that trust, that loyalty, that love to another organization.

Again though.

This year isn't really what matters for Boston. What matters is that they don't give away future assets for less than market value. And if they do deal them away, they get a legit franchise player.

I guess what I am saying is that I don't care whether or not IT is happy in Boston. The Celtics made it clear he isn't their long term answer. Their path to title contention is Brown, Tatum and those future picks. Hayward and Kyrie/IT are simply nice pieces to assist on the journey.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again though.

This year isn't really what matters for Boston. What matters is that they don't give away future assets for less than market value. And if they do deal them away, they get a legit franchise player.

I guess what I am saying is that I don't care whether or not IT is happy in Boston. The Celtics made it clear he isn't their long term answer. Their path to title contention is Brown, Tatum and those future picks. Hayward and Kyrie/IT are simply nice pieces to assist on the journey.
So, you think Danny would rather have the deal recinded?

I think he will give something else up.

Maybe not Tatum or that Lakers pick.

But, he will have to give up something of Value, maybe Smart.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an outside party on both teams, though, if this was overturned due to injury, fuck is that not delicious. I'm a stan for my team and think they're be in the playoffs at a minimum. This situation just highly amuses me. How do you trade all star players, but then have the potential to trade them back. Kyrie is the best player in the deal, but IT and a top 3 pick coming up, Cavs made a good deal, especially knowing Lebron is going to scurry off to the best team in the East on a minimum league deal as a new sixer....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think Danny would rather have the deal recinded?

I think he will give something else up.

Maybe not Tatum or that Lakers pick.

But, he will have to give up something of Value, maybe Smart.

I don't know what Danny wants. But he should want it recinded. Adding more future assets only takes the C's further from their long term goal.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Danny wants. But he should want it recinded. Adding more future assets only takes the C's further from their long term goal.

he's making the move he feels he needs to make, he's fucked up on building up on the future for years, why stop now? there was always the potential for the celtics to get that piece to make it work, they're no where closer to where they've been with the team that's currently in place. Maybe he thought getting Horford was going to elevate them to that next level. Obviously it didn't. The move he just made gets them no closer and just closes the window faster.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

No way.

All the blame here has to be put on the Celtics.
Cavs had no ability beforehand to evaluate I.T..
That being said, no way Ainge has to break the bank to satisfy the Cavs if they want out.
Cavs are in just as bad of a place with Kyrie, or worse.
I.T. wants a Brinks truck next summer.
To get it, he'll need to show he's healthy and play like he's worthy of a max to someone.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about any of you, but it's still the Warriors title to win for this coming year, this huge trade that gives the Cav's a top three pick along with whatever package they get for lebron after this year is nonsense. The Warriors are going to repeat. What are the celtics (Ainge hoping for) I'm a fan of Horford, he's not going to get the job done, and no one else there will either. They have a couple of green wings, but none of them can score. Ainge had a chance to do something, brought on a better player, but is still left with a lesser team, as they don't have Lebron and that's just the starting point to get to the Warriors. Trust the process.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...this is a bit dramatic. You're not a teenage girl Isaiah.