• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one guessed who RPM rates as the only player worse than IT for the upcoming season on defense :(
Again, watch how opposing teams targeted IT in the playoffs last year.

I'll go ahead and flat out say it: RPM be damned... IT is at least one full order of magnitude worse than Kyrie on the defensive end.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, watch how opposing teams targeted IT in the playoffs last year.

I'll go ahead and flat out say it: RPM be damned... IT is at least one full order of magnitude worse than Kyrie on the defensive end.
no one asked me...fine

ill give the answer

Bojan Bogdonovic

is expected by RPM to be the WORST player in the NBA on defense out of any player that gets any kind of real minutes. The asswipe the Wiz gave up a 1st round pick for to rent for 2 months.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one asked me...fine

ill give the answer

Bojan Bogdonovic

is expected by RPM to be the WORST player in the NBA on defense out of any player that gets any kind of real minutes. The asswipe the Wiz gave up a 1st round pick for to rent for 2 months.
Yeah, that guy is lousy at basically everything except for shooting.

Dude can shoot, though.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, there is a difference between bad defense at 6'3" and bad defense at 5'8". I honestly don't even know how you have Isaiah on the floor against GS.

You know the Celtics have beaten the Warriors 2 out of the last 3 times they have played each other -- right ?
(and the previous game went to OT -- Ws won) And IT played > 30 minutes every game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucher's even jumping on the Lebron thing. Lebron knows he's going to have to go through the Warriors to win anymore titles for the foreseeable future. Cleveland has little to no flexibility and the roster's old with some bad contracts. As Cowherd mentioned today, and I agree with him - he's won in Miami. He's won in Cleveland. If he can win in LA, then that's his legacy. Going to multiple teams and winning; something Jordan's never done and even Shaq (only won in Miami and LA).

The most telling thing was hearing that chasing Jordan wasn't as much of a concern to him anymore.

heard this earlier too. he KNOWS at this point he'll never catch Jordan. he'd be singing a different tune if he thought he had a ghost of a chance...

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Celtics have beaten the Warriors 2 out of the last 3 times they have played each other -- right ?
(and the previous game went to OT -- Ws won) And IT played > 30 minutes every game.
In a 7 game Finals series, I stand by my post.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CP wasn't traded to Houston, do you think the Cavs would have traded Irving to the Clippers once he demanded a trade?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beating a team in the reg season is very different than the intensity of the playoffs.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA coulda put together a package....I think James would have loved that so he could alleviate some of his burden.

guess that's what i'm saying. the parts would have to fit...

who else do the Clips give up to make that trade work...?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the fact that you don't know the future... C's still have that decent LAL'18/SAC'19 pick... the cupboard isn't empty there, if the draft is what you're basing all your Celtic hopes on.

But the C's have more hope than that:
- Hayward is locked up and in his early prime
- continued development of J Brown
- development of J Tatum
- An ace offensive coach is working with an ace offensive player like Irving for the first time in Kyrie's career.

All of these are good reasons to have hope in the future. None of them are pipe dreams.

The glass is half full, buddy.

None of those are premium picks.

At the very least it should've been Bostons 2018, not brooklyns.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those are premium picks.

At the very least it should've been Bostons 2018, not brooklyns.
I agree with you about the pick, but ffs, not much can be done about it now. The Celtics future is not bleak. Cheer up!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about the pick, but ffs, not much can be done about it now. The Celtics future is not bleak. Cheer up!

As my buddy Gman said, i'm the glass half empty guy in the group.

But I can't say that Brad Stevens and Hayward weren't the two moves that made me borderline giddy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It also required the defense and versatility of Crowder and Bradley.....oh wait....

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also required the defense and versatility of Crowder and Bradley.....oh wait....

Isn't Crowder on the same team still as IT?

If people were paying attention, the Ws aren't a team that goes after weak D players. Kerr last year on a podcast (probably was with Simmons -- asking about IT) -- said they just run their offense and don't go after specific matchups. The Cavs -- on the other hand -- will run pick&roll every time with Lebron and the weak D player. (Curry, IT ... will be interesting vs. the Cs & Kyrie now) That is the reason that the Ws only played McGee like 4-5 minutes / game -- he couldn't switch on the P&R onto Kyrie/Lebron.

Actually I like what the Ws do better -- but they don't target bad defenders nearly as much as other teams.

Beal posted up IT a lot during playoffs also.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Crowder on the same team still as IT?

If people were paying attention, the Ws aren't a team that goes after weak D players. Kerr last year on a podcast (probably was with Simmons -- asking about IT) -- said they just run their offense and don't go after specific matchups. The Cavs -- on the other hand -- will run pick&roll every time with Lebron and the weak D player. (Curry, IT ... will be interesting vs. the Cs & Kyrie now) That is the reason that the Ws only played McGee like 4-5 minutes / game -- he couldn't switch on the P&R onto Kyrie/Lebron.

Actually I like what the Ws do better -- but they don't target bad defenders nearly as much as other teams.

Beal posted up IT a lot during playoffs also.

The Celtics matched up in an advantageous way (well as much as you can with those monsters) because they could switch around with guys like Crowder, Bradley and Smart.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They blew their chance to make a major impact. They're fighting for 4th place with CLE this year, and probably Philly and MIL next year.