• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's polluted?

last time i went to LA half the beaches were closed because of shit running into the ocean. Id rather not have to deal with drought, earthquakes, illegals, wildfires, and the highest taxes in the US.

cool to visit--- and im sure it would be cool to live there if you had boatloads of cash too-- id do exactly what LeBron did--- have a 2nd home there and spend the winters....

lmao yet we get folks out here from EVERYWHERE wanting to visit Southern Cali. in DROVES. who raves about Visiting Cleveland...?

average Joe:"should i put a vacation to Cleveland on my bucket list...mmm, naahh...":lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's polluted?

last time i went to LA half the beaches were closed because of shit running into the ocean. Id rather not have to deal with drought, earthquakes, illegals, wildfires, and the highest taxes in the US.

cool to visit--- and im sure it would be cool to live there if you had boatloads of cash too-- id do exactly what LeBron did--- have a 2nd home there and spend the winters....

If he spends the winters in L.A., then he'd be playing in L.A..
One thing LeBron does do is spend as little as time as possible in Ohio during the offseason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- Trojan- dont you remember Magic was hired on to help Buss and Kupcheck and they basically ignored him.

I mean- if you are a minority owner how much voice you have is entirely dependent on the majority owners. They have final say and final control.

I think thats who LeBron wants to be someday- like Jordan--- not beholden to the majority owners who can totally ignore him IF they want to.

Like- could i see DAn Gilbert selling the CAvs someday? Sure- if he makes enough money on it....can i see the Buss' selling the Lakers when it was Dr. Buss' dying wish the family keeps the franchise?

doubtful.

Apparently, you didn't actually read my post or decided to just respond to what might fit your narrative.

He's unlikely to gain controlling interest in any franchise anytime soon. It's not like that kind of opportunity presents itself every day.

He gets a non controlling interest in the Lakers, but a strong voice in the franchise, just like Magic had. Then, if/when the opportunity for a controlling interest in another franchise presents itself, he divests himself from the Lakers by selling his interest back to the team, or maybe transferring ownership to one of his business partners (if that's allowed).

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he spends the winters in L.A., then he'd be playing in L.A..
One thing LeBron does do is spend as little as time as possible in Ohio during the offseason.

lol well, as someone who's lived in the ice and snow for a while i can tell you it was great at first, but drives you kinda nuts once the shine wears off...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, you didn't actually read my post or decided to just respond to what might fit your narrative.

He's unlikely to gain controlling interest in any franchise anytime soon. It's not like that kind of opportunity presents itself every day.

He gets a non controlling interest in the Lakers, but a strong voice in the franchise, just like Magic had. Then, if/when the opportunity for a controlling interest in another franchise presents itself, he divests himself from the Lakers by selling his interest back to the team, or maybe transferring ownership to one of his business partners (if that's allowed).
No- i get what you are saying- I just dont see him interested in being a minority owner of a team. Temporary or not.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could go the Clippers.

Say what you want, even MJ couldn't bring Cleveland AND the Clippers out of their history of futility.
LeBron wants another ring. No way he goes to the Clippers!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No- i get what you are saying- I just dont see him interested in being a minority owner of a team. Temporary or not.

Well then I hope he's prepared to be very patient because, unless he manages to have some incredible luck with timing, he won't have the opportunity to gain controlling interest in any team, any time soon.

He'd actually be kind of foolish to not accept a minority ownership if the opportunity were to present itself. Not only is it an asset that can be sold for a profit down the line, if it's the Lakers (valued at $2.7 billion), it's minority ownership in one the more valuable franchises in sports.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to McMenamin, Shumpert also went to the Cavs right after the season and requested a trade.

I imagine the Cavs are more then happy to try and honor that request.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then I hope he's prepared to be very patient because, unless he manages to have some incredible luck with timing, he won't have the opportunity to gain controlling interest in any team, any time soon.

He'd actually be kind of foolish to not accept a minority ownership if the opportunity were to present itself. Not only is it an asset that can be sold for a profit down the line, if it's the Lakers (valued at $2.7 billion), it's minority ownership in one the more valuable franchises in sports.

2nd most actually behind the Knicks...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean he'll have to give the team back to Gilbert if he leaves?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to McMenamin, Shumpert also went to the Cavs right after the season and requested a trade.

really? don't remember seeing that anywhere. but it is just Shumpert, so...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure they would. Depends which other team would like to participate in this, lol.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shumpert still has some value.

Something is just off with him right now.

He might be a good change of scenery candidate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah it seems those teams only come avaliable once ever year or two

Houston is up for sale right now though right?

there have been a number of teams that have sold in the last 5 years. Hawks recently sold not too long ago....Bucks were sold in 2014....Clippers were solid within the last 5 years...Kings were just sold in 2013. Pistons were sold in 2011...Pelicans were sold in 2012....Cavs and Sonics were sold in 2005-- The Griz were sold in 2012....Golden State was sold in 2010. Wizards were sold in 2010

so- it doesnt happen all the time---- but in the last 6-7 years quite a few teams have been sold---

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i dunno. how many teams do you see jumping on Shumpert for their rosters...?

Exactly. While Shumpert's not on a terrible contract, it's hard to see anyone giving up anyone of real value back to the Cavs for him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Ric Bucher claiming LeBron will leave Cleveland because he wants to be the first to win a title with 3 different teams.

Robert Horry like...

giphy.gif

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say- I hate this narrative that GSW is invincible.

NO ONE in their right mind thought the Cavs would win against them down 3-1---- GSW were heavy favorites coming into the series. It just made that victory so much sweeter to pull off the greatest comeback in NBA history vs. a team that everyone said was unbeatable.

Happened before KD went to GS.