• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the Grizzlies should consider moving Gasol sooner than later and maybe even Conley.

The next two years they only get their 1st round pick if its a top-8 pick. The 3rd year it becomes unprotected.

So why not go all in on the rebuild now (instead of waiting till the deadline when they realize they're missing the playoffs). They give themselves 2 years of top-8 picks, plus they can probably land another top-8 pick or 2 in trading Gasol and/or Conley.

Agree. It's the old "better to get rid of a guy 1 season too soon than 1 season too late" deal. The Grizzlies window has closed. Better to move guys now when they can still get a good return.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kyrie Trade Convince LeBron to Stay in Cleveland? NBA Execs Doubtful

There is no consensus among NBA executives on who got the better end of the deal that shipped four-time All-Star Kyrie Irving from Cleveland to Boston on Aug. 22, but there is when it comes to how they see the trade impacting LeBron James' decision to stay or go next summer.

The deal doesn't change a thing.

The prevailing sentiment among the league executives B/R contacted remains that when it comes time to exercise the option on his final contract year with the Cavaliers, James won't.

"He's out," a Western Conference scout says.

"Foregone conclusion," one Eastern Conference general manager adds.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kyrie Trade Convince LeBron to Stay in Cleveland? NBA Execs Doubtful

There is no consensus among NBA executives on who got the better end of the deal that shipped four-time All-Star Kyrie Irving from Cleveland to Boston on Aug. 22, but there is when it comes to how they see the trade impacting LeBron James' decision to stay or go next summer.

The deal doesn't change a thing.

The prevailing sentiment among the league executives B/R contacted remains that when it comes time to exercise the option on his final contract year with the Cavaliers, James won't.

"He's out," a Western Conference scout says.

"Foregone conclusion," one Eastern Conference general manager adds.

pretty much think the same...

STILL don't want him on my team, though...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much think the same...

STILL don't want him on my team, though...

It's going to be an interesting season and off season with all of the Lebron speculation.

Thought this was interesting from the article:

With all that in mind, league executives not only expect James to leave but have circled his destination—the Los Angeles Lakers—for a host of reasons. The top three are:

• Setting up his post-playing career in TV and movie production.

• Attempting the unique feat of leading three different teams to a championship.

• Creating a path to an ownership stake in the Lakers.

The first motive is obvious. He already has founded a Los Angeles-based production company, SpringHill Entertainment, and has developed several shows already. James and his two childhood friends-turned-business partners from Akron, Ohio—agent Rich Paul and business manager Maverick Carter—have all purchased homes in Los Angeles in the last two years as well.

The second is a byproduct of the presumptive dynasty built by the Warriors. LeBron has relinquished his goal of Michael Jordan's collection of six championship rings, a league source says.

"That was once his obsession," the source says. "But even if LeBron thinks he has five good years left, he's not thinking he's going to beat Golden State four out of the next five years. I don't think he's making it about that anymore. When he said, 'I don't have anything left to prove' during the Finals, that's where that came from."

Also this:

"Finally, there is James' aspiration to one day be a team owner. Lakers legend Magic Johnson, who became the team's president of basketball operations in February, expressed the same post-career aspiration and saw it come true, securing 4 percent of the Lakers from late owner Dr. Jerry Buss.

He subsequently divested himself of that stake but remains close with Dr. Buss' daughter and the team's controlling owner, Jeanie. Some executives have speculated that offering James the same ownership opportunity is, or will be, part of their pitch to lure him to Los Angeles.

"It's all more about life after basketball than anything else," the first Eastern Conference GM says."

I knew Lebron had bought a home in LA. Had noi idea that Maverick Carter and Rich Paul had also purchased homes out here.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be an interesting season and off season with all of the Lebron speculation.

Also this:

I knew Lebron had bought a home in LA. Had noi idea that Maverick Carter and Rich Paul had also purchased homes out here.

part owner of the Lakers...?

here you are trying to ruin my Summer AGAIN...:L

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could go the Clippers.

Say what you want, even MJ couldn't bring Cleveland AND the Clippers out of their history of futility.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also this:

the ownership thingi s one of the reasons why i think LA is not a good fit though

its not like he could ever wrestle a controlling share of the Lakers away from the Buss'- and a minority share in a sports team is one of the most dumb things in the world---it basically means you pay a ton of money for no control.

Like- i am sure MJ would have preferred other teams than the Bobcats--- but its not like you can FORCE Reinsdorf or whoever to sell the Bulls.

any schmuck out there can be a minority owner in a team if they have enough money. If it means a path to ownership---- thats one thing-

but can u ever imagine LeBron being the owner of the Lakers? I think CL would have a stroke. lol.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ownership thingi s one of the reasons why i think LA is not a good fit though

its not like he could ever wrestle a controlling share of the Lakers away from the Buss'- and a minority share in a sports team is one of the most dumb things in the world---it basically means you pay a ton of money for no control.

Like- i am sure MJ would have preferred other teams than the Bobcats--- but its not like you can FORCE Reinsdorf or whoever to sell the Bulls.

any schmuck out there can be a minority owner in a team if they have enough money. If it means a path to ownership---- thats one thing-

but can u ever imagine LeBron being the owner of the Lakers? I think CL would have a stroke. lol.

which'd be a dream come true for YOU, but a dark day for the franchise...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily. Magic never had a controlling interest, but he did have a voice within the organization because of who he is. Pretty sure it would be the same for Lebron. The same has held true for Magic when he divested and bought into the Dodgers. He has one of the smaller ownership stakes, but was the frontman for the Dodgers before returning to the Lakers.

It's unlikely that he'd be getting controlling interest in any team, any time soon and if the opportunity to gain controlling interest in a team presented itself, he could easily divest himself from his Lakers ownership to pursue that option.

Heck, I'm not sure of the rules, but he may even be able to maintain a stake of sorts in the Lakers if he were to transfer his percentage of the Lakers to one of his business partners so that he could pursue controlling interest in another franchise.

Lol...True. He already accused me of trying to ruin his summer for quoting that part of the article.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. Magic never had a controlling interest, but he did have a voice within the organization because of who he is. Pretty sure it would be the same for Lebron. The same has held true for Magic when he divested and bought into the Dodgers. He has one of the smaller ownership stakes, but was the frontman for the Dodgers before returning to the Lakers.

It's unlikely that he'd be getting controlling interest in any team, any time soon and if the opportunity to gain controlling interest in a team presented itself, he could easily divest himself from his Lakers ownership to pursue that option.

Lol...True. He already accused me of trying to ruin his summer for quoting that part of the article.

i don't want the self-centered jack-ass' taint upon my beloved franchise...

can i truly be blamed for this...?:angel:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heck, I'm not sure of the rules, but he may even be able to maintain a stake of sorts in the Lakers if he were to transfer his percentage of the Lakers to one of his business partners so that he could pursue controlling interest in another franchise.

I mean- Trojan- dont you remember Magic was hired on to help Buss and Kupcheck and they basically ignored him.

I mean- if you are a minority owner how much voice you have is entirely dependent on the majority owners. They have final say and final control.

I think thats who LeBron wants to be someday- like Jordan--- not beholden to the majority owners who can totally ignore him IF they want to.

Like- could i see DAn Gilbert selling the CAvs someday? Sure- if he makes enough money on it....can i see the Buss' selling the Lakers when it was Dr. Buss' dying wish the family keeps the franchise?

doubtful.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, Cleveland's polluted already. not suprising no one cares there...:dhd:
Cleveland's polluted?

last time i went to LA half the beaches were closed because of shit running into the ocean. Id rather not have to deal with drought, earthquakes, illegals, wildfires, and the highest taxes in the US.

cool to visit--- and im sure it would be cool to live there if you had boatloads of cash too-- id do exactly what LeBron did--- have a 2nd home there and spend the winters....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- Trojan- dont you remember Magic was hired on to help Buss and Kupcheck and they basically ignored him.

Which is a big part of why they are gone. He also didn't have ownership anymore at that time. When Dr. Buss was alive, Magic had a big voice in the organization. Jeanie is running things like her father did. It's why the Lakers actually have a direction now.

last time i went to LA half the beaches were closed because of shit running into the ocean. Id rather not have to deal with drought, earthquakes, illegals, wildfires, and the highest taxes in the US.

cool to visit--- and im sure it would be cool to live there if you had boatloads of cash too-- id do exactly what LeBron did--- have a 2nd home there and spend the winters....

Just because you'd do something a certain way, doesn't mean anyone else will. Also, when you have the kind of money that guys like Lebron do, the majority of your reasons become moot.

I mean, it's not like Lebron is going to be trying to make it in LA on 50k a year.