• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics matched up in an advantageous way (well as much as you can with those monsters) because they could switch around with guys like Crowder, Bradley and Smart.
The C's can still match-up and switch very well on D... guys like Smart, Brown, Hayward, and Morris are all very versatile.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh boy this will be some good TV if Irving and Thomas have to play for the teams that just traded them.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A possible vetoed trade of a young, superstar PG? I wouldn't know anything about that......
But I propose that we call this possible veto..."Hip reasons"

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A possible vetoed trade of a young, superstar PG? I wouldn't know anything about that......
But I propose that we call this possible veto..."Hip reasons"

I wrote a paper for a law journal about how ridiculous that was, because of the clear conflicts of interest involved in the Hornets situation back then.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote a paper for a law journal about how ridiculous that was, because of the clear conflicts of interest involved in the Hornets situation back then.
freakin basketball reasons. That goes down as the moment that unofficially started the downturn for us.
But relating that trade to this, it would be interesting to see both guys attitude if the trade got vetoed. Pau came back for us, and rolled with it while Odom wanted out before the season started.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how most folks seem to think that Cleveland fleeced Boston in this trade... the Cavs shouldn't be in any kind of hurry to find a back door out of the arrangement.

Right?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. Keep him. The Nets pick is more important. A limp IT with that Nets pick is still better than anything else they get. Maybe ask Boston for another player or pick for their trouble. Like toss in Semi Ojeleye or something

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah it seems those teams only come avaliable once ever year or two

Houston is up for sale right now though right?

there have been a number of teams that have sold in the last 5 years. Hawks recently sold not too long ago....Bucks were sold in 2014....Clippers were solid within the last 5 years...Kings were just sold in 2013. Pistons were sold in 2011...Pelicans were sold in 2012....Cavs and Sonics were sold in 2005-- The Griz were sold in 2012....Golden State was sold in 2010. Wizards were sold in 2010

so- it doesnt happen all the time---- but in the last 6-7 years quite a few teams have been sold---

Yeah, there have been an unusual amount it seems. I'd expect that will slow significantly in the very near future.

A lot of folks are saying Lebron is gone and Bucher seems to be a pretty credible reporter.

But, Lebron is an expert at manipulating the media, so who knows what he's really thinking.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why everybody loves PG and Irving is now dog food.

Irving is clutch.

Quick list PG's clutch moments. I'll wait.

Quick. List the times Kyrie has played defense. I'll wait.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how most folks seem to think that Cleveland fleeced Boston in this trade... the Cavs shouldn't be in any kind of hurry to find a back door out of the arrangement.

Right?
if i were them id do everything i could to squeeze every last drop out of Irving that they could- even if its posturing.

If its NOT posturing and there is actually a problem- they will have to void the deal. I am sure neither side wants that- but if there is an actual problem thats the only solution unless Boston wants to up the ante.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wait....you're gonna tell me Cavs were the only people on this planet that didn't know IT had a hip problem?? LOL....this is great. Fuck it, If I was Boston send him back and give me the pick back...not like they were winning this Ship this yr anyways...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well,

I am probably not the one to ask, because I think the possibility of getting Bagley or Porter is every bit as valuable as Kyrie. Maybe more.

I know that nobody will agree with that, but Kyrie simply is not a difference making player, IMO. He is all flash and little substance. The Celtics pathway to being on par with the best teams was landing one of them, and they were positioned to do it. Now they aren't really.

That was always my beef with the trade. I never thought the Celtics were going to sign IT long term and I still didn't like the deal for them. It is a short cut that might not even make them better.

But, IF IT is damaged goods it certainly changes the deal from Cleveland's perspective. Honestly, I wouldn't like it for them either if that were the case.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wait....you're gonna tell me Cavs were the only people on this planet that didn't know IT had a hip problem?? LOL....this is great. Fuck it, If I was Boston send him back and give me the pick back...not like they were winning this Ship this yr anyways...

Yeah. I would think if Cleveland gives him an out, Ainge just might take it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right?

This is funny.

Part of the reason I thought it was such a bad deal was because if IT is right, it might actually make Cleveland better in the short term, which greatly increases LeBron's odds of staying.

How bad is the hip really? If it means IT will never be the same player, than Cleveland gets worse in the short term and LeBron leaves. That is bad for Cleveland. Not better than they would have gotten anywhere else, but still bad. If IT just needs more time to recover and will be fine long term, the Cavs need to keep him on the sidelines until the all star break and still take the trade.

This year is really important for Cleveland's future.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were them id do everything i could to squeeze every last drop out of Irving that they could- even if its posturing.

If its NOT posturing and there is actually a problem- they will have to void the deal. I am sure neither side wants that- but if there is an actual problem thats the only solution unless Boston wants to up the ante.

Report: Cavs Not Worried About Isaiah Thomas' Hip
Obviously there is a problem.
Apparently he can't even run yet.
Maybe they can just let I.T. play in a wheelchair?
He'd still be about the same height.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Boston is going to up the ante? Greedy bastard.

Seriously though, if IT isn't right this deal goes from being a huge win for Cleveland to being about what they should get and could be a trade that sets both teams back long term.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right?
Boston gonna give them ANOTHER pick to sweetin a deal that already has the Cavs mouth full of cavities.

Or

Face a possible return to sender.

No way can they bring Thomas back into that locker room and no way can they trade him elsewhere for more than pennies on the dollar.

Cavs got them over a barrel.

In the deal, Cleveland has placed the most value on the 2018 unprotected first-round pick that Boston controls from the Nets, league sources said. Instead of voiding the deal, Cleveland could potentially push for Boston to sweeten it — namely for another draft pick. For now, those are conversations still potentially to be had.

– via ESPN

Last edited: