• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics should really be praying Thomas doesn't pass his physical. That was a garbage trade lol.

I don't know. I'm in the minority but I liked it....the Nets pick isn't going to be top 2-3 (more in the 5-7 range) and IT isn't 100%.....Crowder wasn't needed.....Zizic is a 7-foot Euro, they don't pan out all the time.

And Irving is the superstar Boston needed imo.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston gonna give them ANOTHER pick to sweetin a deal that already has the Cavs mouth full of cavities.

Or

Face a possible return to sender.

No way can they bring Thomas back into that locker room and no way can they trade him elsewhere for more than pennies on the dollar.

Cavs got them over a barrel.

In the deal, Cleveland has placed the most value on the 2018 unprotected first-round pick that Boston controls from the Nets, league sources said. Instead of voiding the deal, Cleveland could potentially push for Boston to sweeten it — namely for another draft pick. For now, those are conversations still potentially to be had.

– via ESPN
Frankly, unless Isaiah needs surgery, I don't see what the rhubarb is here.

Cleveland knew Isaiah was nursing an injury going in. Wasn't a secret or anything.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I'm in the minority but I liked it....the Nets pick isn't going to be top 2-3 (more in the 5-7 range) and IT isn't 100%.....Crowder wasn't needed.....Zizic is a 7-foot Euro, they don't pan out all the time.

And Irving is the superstar Boston needed imo.

It was too much. That's the type of trade you make for someone like say Anthony Davis, not a player like Kyrie.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me people say it's too much, IT has a bad hip and the pic won't be as good as advertised. Those are the 2 key main pieces.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, unless Isaiah needs surgery, I don't see what the rhubarb is here.

Cleveland knew Isaiah was nursing an injury going in. Wasn't a secret or anything.

Boston may have been saying it wasn't that bad and the Cavs doctors may have disagreed.....read that SI story I posted.....good read.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me myself, i'm just saying that if Cleveland wants anything else to "sweeten the deal" the Celtics should tell them to take a flying leap into an active volcano...

I do agree with that. No need to include a 2 draft pick, no other team is beating down their door for Irving.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're sending a broken Isaiah lol. I knew that played a part in Danny's decision. I'm sure he was hoping he'd pass his physical though.

Not to sound heartless, but from a strategical standpoint, it's hilariously evil.

Get rid of IT for Kyrie rather than letting him walk, Cleveland not only doesn't get better, but they get worse, LeBron leaves...and so on and so on.