• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the Grizzlies should consider moving Gasol sooner than later and maybe even Conley.

The next two years they only get their 1st round pick if its a top-8 pick. The 3rd year it becomes unprotected.

So why not go all in on the rebuild now (instead of waiting till the deadline when they realize they're missing the playoffs). They give themselves 2 years of top-8 picks, plus they can probably land another top-8 pick or 2 in trading Gasol and/or Conley.

i can see this. age IS becoming something of a factor with Memphis...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say- I hate this narrative that GSW is invincible.

NO ONE in their right mind thought the Cavs would win against them down 3-1---- GSW were heavy favorites coming into the series. It just made that victory so much sweeter to pull off the greatest comeback in NBA history vs. a team that everyone said was unbeatable.

Things happen during a regular season. No one wouldve thought Dallas would win the title the year they did it. I totally understand GSW being the prohibitive favorites- but everyone just giving up and acting like there is no point to the season on August 25th is just ridiculous. Its not like Durant and Curry are models of health.

The reality is that McGregor has a better shot against Mayweather than the Celtics will ever have against GS after this deal.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the Grizzlies should consider moving Gasol sooner than later and maybe even Conley.

The next two years they only get their 1st round pick if its a top-8 pick. The 3rd year it becomes unprotected.

So why not go all in on the rebuild now (instead of waiting till the deadline when they realize they're missing the playoffs). They give themselves 2 years of top-8 picks, plus they can probably land another top-8 pick or 2 in trading Gasol and/or Conley.

Yup.

But PR....

Teams dont' always do what they should do.

I want the to give Baldwin tons of run though. Big fan of his.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, do the cavs take that brooklyn pick and swap it for a piece to keep lebron in cleveland?

or, do they use it to drafty a guy to take lebrons place along side thomas when lebron bolts for LA?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, do the cavs take that brooklyn pick and swap it for a piece to keep lebron in cleveland?

or, so they use it to drafty a guy to take lebrons place along side thomas when lebron bolts for LA?

That's the big question.

Assuming LeBron is going to continue playing his cards close to his chest (which I think is a safe assumption)...

Trade the pick: Risk their future, but improve the odds of LeBron staying and improve the odds of winning the title.

Keep the pick: Protect the future, but decrease the odds of LeBron staying and decrease the odds of winning the title.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is that McGregor has a better shot against Mayweather than the Celtics will ever have against GS after this deal.
Before the trade, when and how was this Warriors beating Celtics team to be constructed in your opinion?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the big question.

Assuming LeBron is going to continue playing his cards close to his chest (which I think is a safe assumption)...

Trade the pick: Risk their future, but improve the odds of LeBron staying and improve the odds of winning the title.

Keep the pick: Protect the future, but decrease the odds of LeBron staying and decrease the odds of winning the title.
i could possibly see a scenario where lebron has thomas with him along with a top pick the cavs can groom. lotta nice big men in this upcoming draft.

or lebron leaves, you sign IT, and draft a guy...theres your future.

i honestly feel lebrons off to LA. his kids are registered in school there and he has a house there.

the concern i would have as a cavs fan is that picks value. the C's FO is convinced that pick is going to be closer to ten than 1.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the concern i would have as a cavs fan is that picks value. the C's FO is convinced that pick is going to be closer to ten than 1.

I totally agree. Not only because the Nets might improve a bit, but because people forget about the lottery. Even the worst team in the league only has a 25% shot at #1.

I think the Cavs should capitalize on the fact that other GM's will be dreaming of Bagley and Porter when they see that pick and see what they can get for it - knowing that the odds of it actually being a top-2 pick are not that great.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought Kyrie Irving's defensive deficiencies didn't get much attention because he was playing with LeBron and Tristan Thompson. I'll be interested to see how things unfold when he doesn't have those two guys backing him up.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. Not only because the Nets might improve a bit, but because people forget about the lottery. Even the worst team in the league only has a 25% shot at #1.

I think the Cavs should capitalize on the fact that other GM's will be dreaming of Bagley and Porter when they see that pick and see what they can get for it - knowing that the odds of it actually being a top-2 pick are not that great.
cavs would be smart to move that pick for a big piece, to keep lebron or otherwise.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^this^^^

it's not a sure thing as far as which way the ping-pong balls come up...

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the big question.

Here's what you do. Trade the pick, packaged with Isaiah and Crowder to the Celtics for Kyrie.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought Kyrie Irving's defensive deficiencies didn't get much attention because he was playing with LeBron and Tristan Thompson. I'll be interested to see how things unfold when he doesn't have those two guys backing him up.
this is the first time since duke he has had a top tier coach.

this is a stable organization with a plan, and no alpha dog calling all the moves behind the scenes. this is his team, and its up to him to run with it on both ends of the court.

interesting...the celtics basically turned over 90% of their starting roster. lots of guys have to learn stevens' system on the fly. remember what happened to start in miami with lebron etc?

that took time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or, do they use it to drafty a guy to take lebrons place along side thomas when lebron bolts for LA?
they aid Memphis in their rebuild

Isiah Thomas, Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Cavs first rounder, Brooklyn first rounder, Zizic, trade exception

for

Conley and Gasol

memphis clears salary.....Cavs get a roster that can compete with anyone.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the trade, when and how was this Warriors beating Celtics team to be constructed in your opinion?

I would've rode out the picks.

Made the IT deal with Dallas I mentioned before.

Gotten Porter and Bamba in 2018.

By 2020/2021 you are probably a contender and have cap room with Horford's deal off the books and Hayward in his last deal as a key role player behind the core of Porter/Bamba/Smith and the two wings as other role players.

The depth would be from all those other firsts Danny stockpiled and the MLE that they can use EVERY YEAR.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they aid Memphis in their rebuild

Isiah Thomas, Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Cavs first rounder, Brooklyn first rounder, Zizic, trade exception

for

Conley and Gasol

memphis clears salary.....Cavs get a roster that can compete with anyone.

I think they would want a 3rd team for IT.

But basically that's what CLE would give up, yes. Makes sense. Even that might be a lot. Conley is better but not THAT much better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno

the Cavs do have Nick Gilbert as their lotto rep.

I have faith in Nick...lol

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the first time since duke he has had a top tier coach.

this is a stable organization with a plan, and no alpha dog calling all the moves behind the scenes. this is his team, and its up to him to run with it on both ends of the court.

interesting...the celtics basically turned over 90% of their starting roster. lots of guys have to learn stevens' system on the fly. remember what happened to start in miami with lebron etc?

that took time.
I think the big difference between Isaiah and Kyrie's Defense is physical limitations vs will.

There are things that IT just cannot do, no matter how hard he tries.

Kyrie just doesn't play defense, but he's 6'3" and extremely athletic. His defensive ceiling HAS to be higher(no pun) than Thomas.

Stevens will get the most out of him on both ends of the floor that he can, imo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would want a 3rd team for IT.

But basically that's what CLE would give up, yes. Makes sense. Even that might be a lot. Conley is better but not THAT much better.
true...Isiah goes somewhere else and someone throws Memphis some more assets....

Id love that though for the Cavs

PG- Conley (Buckeye returns to Ohio)
SG- JR
SF- LeBron
PF- Love
C- Gasol

Bench: Wade, Rose, Korver, Green, Osman,

bring on the tin man - or as he is commonly known. durant. ;)