• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day two of the trade that is rocking the world. Danny may only be a player away from a real core. I see many wasting lots of time justofying that Danny gave up too much. Maybe he did,but thats because he has the assets. Maybe now people wont think that Danny always has to win every trade.

Fun year ahead

having assets doens't mean you waste them.

That's like saying because you have 2000 in your bank account you should pay 1500 to Best Buy for a laptop priced at 1000.

It's fucking stupid.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having assets doens't mean you waste them.

That's like saying because you have 2000 in your bank account you should pay 1500 to Best Buy for a laptop priced at 1000.

It's fucking stupid.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Danny feels like IT's hip is a bigger deal maybe than what we're hearing. And maybe he also felt as if the BKN pick was losing some steam in terms of value. Those are the only 2 things I can think of that make the trade justifiable.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a sneaking suspicion that Danny feels like IT's hip is a bigger deal maybe than what we're hearing. And maybe he also felt as if the BKN pick was losing some steam in terms of value. Those are the only 2 things I can think of that make the trade justifiable.
It's also IT's size...

... I loved IT as a Celtic, but my head knew that it would be next-to-impossible to win a championship with him wrecking our team defense.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.

IT and Crowder or just Kyrie for 2017....it's IT and Crowder.
This is gonna sound cold... but the C's don't need Crowder, they're loaded at the wing... both in terms of now and future potential.

Kyrie is an upgrade over IT. Again, that's just the cold hard truth.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is @Mecca ?

I need her to rub my head and tell me the Celtics did good and everything's going to be ok.
You're okay, Pumpkin.

Gordon and Kyrie are a solid 1-2 punch.

I'm not a fan of the price they paid.

But, you can't deny that Kyrie is a upgrade and that the Celtics overachieved last year.

Get a rim protector and the Celtics could be set to compete now and in the future.

head-rub-o.gif

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're okay, Pumpkin.

Gordon and Kyrie are a solid 1-2 punch.

I'm not a fan of the price they paid.

But, you can't deny that Kyrie is a upgrade and that the Celtics overachieved last year.

Get a rim protector and the Celtics could be set to compete now and in the future.

head-rub-o.gif

Hey what about me? :(

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trade shows that Danny is building for the future, next 3 years or so. I think he, as well as a lot of other teams are hoping that falls after the GS reign. The Celtics, as constructed had a much harder ceiling, they never would've challenged GS anyway.

And I guess that is were I fundamentally disagree.

I don't think the Celtics had a ceiling before this trade. I think they do now. That is why I take issue with the price they paid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also IT's size...

... I loved IT as a Celtic, but my head knew that it would be next-to-impossible to win a championship with him wrecking our team defense.

That is just it though.

Kyrie is younger. His prime will last longer. He isn't coming off an injury. These are all facts.

The player that IT was last year did more to elevate the Celtics than Kyrie ever will, IMO. IT has the intangibles that Kyrie lacks. You want a mercenary pure scorer? Congrats. You just got the very best. The PG version of Carmelo.

But, IT was more than that. He was a leader. Although defitely a scoring PG, he was also a far better facilitator than Kyrie. He did not dominate the ball as much.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it though.

Kyrie is younger. His prime will last longer. He isn't coming off an injury. These are all facts.

The player that IT was last year did more to elevate the Celtics than Kyrie ever will, IMO. IT has the intangibles that Kyrie lacks. You want a mercenary pure scorer? Congrats. You just got the very best. The PG version of Carmelo.

But, IT was more than that. He was a leader. Although defitely a scoring PG, he was also a far better facilitator than Kyrie. He did not dominate the ball as much.
As I said earlier in the thread to you... I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment of the past...

However, I believe that the C's believe that Coach Stevens and co. will be able to get Kyrie on board with a team offensive system.

Let me remind you, IT wasn't the IT we remember from last season before he came to the Celtics. Rather, he was considered to be a fringe starter / better used as a scorer off the bench. But definitely a niche guy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just really think these LeBron comments are dumb---- i mean- I would never burn a jersey- but LeBron--- you play a game. A game. You get paid millions of dollars for it. You get paid millions of dollars becauuse fans spend money on it.

The fans can do whatever they want. Fans dont HAVE to be logical. Do you really take it personally when some Cleveland fan booed you for leaving? Its a game that you get paid millions of dollars to play. You have no ground upon which to chastise the fans for any kind of behavior. They pay your fucking salary. Some liquored up Celtics fans burned a jersey- it represents a minute minority of the fans. But who cares? - whos to tell them what they can and cant do? they dont like like Isiah anymore. He is going to play a GAME- and is now on the Celtics biggest rival.

And if you leave LeBron- you are gonna get booed again. You will be the enemy. There is no two ways about it. You arent going to be loved and fawned over. Its just how it is. You play a game- and if you play for the other side you are gonna get ripped- its just how it is....grow up and deal with it.

We all know that he needs to chime in on every topic.
He knows that intelligent people aren't saying/acting negative towards I.T..
What he's doing is venting out now, about what happened to him when he left Cleveland.
How dare anyone dislike him...:sadbron:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna sound cold... but the C's don't need Crowder, they're loaded at the wing... both in terms of now and future potential.

Kyrie is an upgrade over IT. Again, that's just the cold hard truth.

NOt by a lot.

And crowder is a big upgrade on the 2 young kids for 2017.

It's really not close.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess that is were I fundamentally disagree.

I don't think the Celtics had a ceiling before this trade. I think they do now. That is why I take issue with the price they paid.

Bingo.

But this also means you are a troll with me.

Welcome. :dhd:

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics weren't going to challenge GS. What would be the point of keeping him for one more year?

And if they were to keep him, what future plan that legitimately challenges GS do you envision that involves a maxed out Isaiah?

My problem with this trade isn't Kyrie at the point over IT, I'm quite happy with that all things considered. My problem is that we should have Kyrie AND the BKN pick right now.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOt by a lot.
I disagree. Yes, by a lot.

Why? Because of defense.

And no, they are not equally poor defenders. While both may be poor, IT's height represents a fundamental, fatal flaw that not only makes him a bad defender but undermines an entire team defensive structure.

^ And that's not a small deal... it's a big deal.
The Q said:
And crowder is a big upgrade on the 2 young kids for 2017.

It's really not close.
I'll grant the point that, right now, Crowder is a better NBA player than Brown or certainly Tatum.

But if you read between the lines of Ainge's recent comments regarding "time table"... I think folks in the NBA know that nobody is beating Golden State in the near term.

So I think the C's brain trust would prefer to give some of the minutes that would have been Crowder's to the young'uns... develop that raw talent which is bursting with potential, rather than grind it out with a guy who has already topped out.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics weren't going to challenge GS. What would be the point of keeping him for one more year?

And if they were to keep him, what future plan that legitimately challenges GS do you envision that involves a maxed out Isaiah?

My problem with this trade isn't Kyrie at the point over IT, I'm quite happy with that all things considered. My problem is that we should have Kyrie AND the BKN pick right now.

The move to make was sending him to a team like Dallas who was looking to keep giving Dirk chances to win and getting Dennis Smith Jr.

Prolong the window, don't put a limit on the ceiling. IIRC Ford was writing that some evaluators had Smith #1 on their board based on pure talent. Plus that would've meant they don't need to make the Bradley deal to land GH.

Idk what the right answer was. I just know that this move was the wrong answer. Like you said, it puts a ceiling on this team. And it's not Larry O'brien worthy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Yes, by a lot.

Why? Because of defense.

And no, they are not equally poor defenders. While both may be poor, IT's height represents a fundamental, fatal flaw that not only makes him a bad defender but undermines an entire team defensive structure.

^ And that's not a small deal... it's a big deal.

Except it's not according to the advanced stats. In the grand scheme of everything, it's a small upgrade.

And the problem is there is no set up for the post-GS run that you can say the celtics are well positioned for.

Horford and Kyrie's deals expire before GS's window closes.