• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving is a jerk

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The focus for me is...man it was really THAT bad? This is truly some "Player A ran Player B out of town stuff"

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is pwning you guys again... he didn't really mean he would sit out with knee surgery if he wasn't traded... rather, he was just trying to start an open conversation... to get folks to reconsider their beliefs...

He's just spinning y'alls world into a frenzy... and you guys are like whaattt?... and Kyrie just sitting back and nodding his head.
If the Cavaliers had refused to play him, he had a contract to honor and would have lost money by not playing, so I think he would have played. I expect that they refused to listen to him, so he had to get their attention. Considering that the owner has a long history of being a douche, I find it impossible to feel sorry for Dan Gilbert

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The focus for me is...man it was really THAT bad? This is truly some "Player A ran Player B out of town stuff"

Kyrie never wanted lebron there so not surprising.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I'll say about lebron is even when teammates leave him or vice versa, they never say anything bad about him so i really think it was a kyrie issue. I have to think if lebron was a bad person/teammate then we would have heard about this several times by now considering he is year 15

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavaliers had refused to play him, he had a contract to honor and would have lost money by not playing, so I think he would have played. I expect that they refused to listen to him, so he had to get their attention. Considering that the owner has a long history of being a douche, I find it impossible to feel sorry for Dan Gilbert

The Cavs were never going to sit him out. The story is that Kyrie would have engineered a reason to sit out the season if the Cavs did not trade him. If Kyrie sat out with a "fake injury", he still gets paid. Oh yeah, and this is not a contract year for him, so there is literally no chance of him losing money. It was all about Kyrie manipulating his situation if the allegations are true.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I'll say about lebron is even when teammates leave him or vice versa, they never say anything bad about him so i really think it was a kyrie issue. I have to think if lebron was a bad person/teammate then we would have heard about this several times by now considering he is year 15

Also, the man resigned in Cleveland after Gilbert lit him up in that letter, and he drafted Kyrie (not last). Both of these things show that while he may be tone def, he is not one to hold grudges even if he has good reason to.

Playing with LeBron definitely seems like it would be mentally draining, but overall he seems like a pretty decent teammate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is pwning you guys again... he didn't really mean he would sit out with knee surgery if he wasn't traded... rather, he was just trying to start an open conversation... to get folks to reconsider their beliefs...

He's just spinning y'alls world into a frenzy... and you guys are like whaattt?... and Kyrie just sitting back and nodding his head.

The world is square now. The kid is a looney

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys have any idea what it is like to play with one of the biggest A-holes in the known universe?

Desperate measures had to be taken by Kyrie for he could no longer help Lebron squeeze his massive head through the door of the locker room.

The fucking guy wrote a letter to himself ... Kyrie know how bat shit crazy Lebron was, that is why he left.

Yeah like that kid who thinks the world is flat is no looney. Lebron was going to hand the team over to him in a couple years and they pretty much had a Finals appearance wrapped up evrry year to add to that Kyrie’s usage was higher than Lebron’s. Even more Lebron is one of the most unselfish players on the court for being a superstar. Kyrie got spoiled

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like that kid who thinks the world is flat is no looney. Lebron was going to hand the team over to him in a couple years and they pretty much had a Finals appearance wrapped up evrry year to add to that Kyrie’s usage was higher than Lebron’s. Even more Lebron is one of the most unselfish players on the court for being a superstar. Kyrie got spoiled

Lets say you know this guy ...he is the biggest A-hole you ever met. This guy also thinks the world is round.

Now really ...how important is the latter?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs were never going to sit him out. The story is that Kyrie would have engineered a reason to sit out the season if the Cavs did not trade him. If Kyrie sat out with a "fake injury", he still gets paid. Oh yeah, and this is not a contract year for him, so there is literally no chance of him losing money. It was all about Kyrie manipulating his situation if the allegations are true.
That's why they have team doctors - and once the doctors verified that there was no injury, his career would have been on the line. He would have played, but he most likely committed errors intentionally. It's never to a team's best interest to keep a player that wants out. The Cavaliers, however had the entire summer to trade him. They could have did a better job of shopping and looking around though

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie's a dumbass for (allegedly) saying this.

At the same time, I don't like to judge someone in scenarios like this when I haven't experienced the same scenario. I can imagine dealing with Lebron as much as he has gets tiring after a while; and as we're seeing now, could be borderline toxic.
Is that why so many people follow him to teams after playing with him before?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why so many people follow him to teams after playing with him before?

Wade followed him because they're boys. Others follow him because they can win rings. Some are more willing to deal with more bullshit than others.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wait.

Did we not know that Kyrie Irvine was an asshole BEFORE this season?

See, I usually side with the player in holdouts and such. An athlete has a limited time to make their money before their body breaks down, so I am all for them going for everything they can.

But the NBA is a bit different. First off, they have a max salary, which maybe a bit messed up, but that is the reality. Also, anyone good enough to be making that max salary is getting endorsements out the ass. Hell, LeBron's primary emplayer is not the NBA. It's Nike.

So Kyrie will never be hurting for cash for the rest of his life. Therefore, doing shit like this makes him an asshole

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys have any idea what it is like to play with one of the biggest A-holes in the known universe?

Desperate measures had to be taken by Kyrie for he could no longer help Lebron squeeze his massive head through the door of the locker room.

The fucking guy wrote a letter to himself ... Kyrie know how bat shit crazy Lebron was, that is why he left.

You could tell the situation there with LeBron and Kyrie.

LeBron wants so badly to be what everyone else thinks he SHOULD be. With the qualities that many attribute to Jordan, Kobe... etc...

He looked at Kyrie like "This guy probably looks up to me... I'm going to mentor him. Be hard on him. This is my chance to be a leader, like everyone wants!"

He'd call Kyrie out on the floor during timeouts, in front of the cameras. Pat his head when he'd do something well, like he was a fucking little kid.

It was SO evident that Kyrie would look at LeBron like "I'm not your fucking Scottie Pippen mother fucker. STOP."

However, LeBron's head is so far up his ass that he didn't even bother to notice. The idiot still talks about Kyrie like they're buddy/buddy. Picked him to play on his All-Star team. Get a fucking clue LeBron. I don't even hate you either... I've had fights defending you on this damn board. lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let he who can beat Kyrie Irving in a game of 1 on 1 cast the first stone."

3000158.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could tell the situation there with LeBron and Kyrie.

LeBron wants so badly to be what everyone else thinks he SHOULD be. With the qualities that many attribute to Jordan, Kobe... etc...

He looked at Kyrie like "This guy probably looks up to me... I'm going to mentor him. Be hard on him. This is my chance to be a leader, like everyone wants!"

He'd call Kyrie out on the floor during timeouts, in front of the cameras. Pat his head when he'd do something well, like he was a fucking little kid.

It was SO evident that Kyrie would look at LeBron like "I'm not your fucking Scottie Pippen mother fucker. STOP."

However, LeBron's head is so far up his ass that he didn't even bother to notice. The idiot still talks about Kyrie like they're buddy/buddy. Picked him to play on his All-Star team. Get a fucking clue LeBron. I don't even hate you either... I've had fights defending you on this damn board. lol

I believe that everything in this post is spot on in terms of both players' outlook.

The Scottie Pippen role ain't so bad. The real problem, as I see it, wasn't the way LeBron treated Kyrie. It was that GS got too good and Kyrie didn't see more rings in his Cleveland future. It is a lot easier to accept second fiddle when you are winning.

That said, the reality is that both are assholes, Kyrie more so. A little humility on the part of either would have saved this relationship.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about leverage......because players have very little.

Bell is doing something similar with the Steelers.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, the reality is that both are assholes, Kyrie more so...
Kyrie may well be the bigger asshole... but LeBron is probably the bigger... :puzzled:... self important, fluffed up douche?

Anywho... I think we can all agree there is enough blame to go around... and it might be tough to tell with any kind of certainty who started the fire or played the bigger role in fanning the flames.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kyrie LeBron split reminds me of the Kobe Shaq split. Not the same but definitely in the ballpark.