• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins 8 Games In...What should WAS Do?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me clarify it for you dumbass so we can move on. My point was never about the insults, this is a message board so fire away. My point was you're hurling insults at people when you were clearly wrong so naturally it required a reply. I could not have been more clear in my post about that. My other comments on insults were to simply point out how wrong you were, again, when you claimed you had not posted any insults.

Get it? Good. Now shut the fuck up.

So I make a post that isn't wrong and isn't denigrating to your team or your fans. you pick one word out of one sentence to get worked up over and fire insults at me.
Then you get pissed off when they come back at you, because you look like a fucking asshole.

Well, looks aren't deceiving in this case. You are an asshole. Until you and your fucking buddy Breed rolled in here this was a very civil discussion. I'm thinking you both need to stick to the Skins board, let me know if you need help with that.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I make a post that isn't wrong and isn't denigrating to your team or your fans. you pick one word out of one sentence to get worked up over and fire insults at me.
Then you get pissed off when they come back at you, because you look like a fucking asshole.

Well, looks aren't deceiving in this case. You are an asshole. Until you and your fucking buddy Breed rolled in here this was a very civil discussion. I'm thinking you both need to stick to the Skins board, let me know if you need help with that.

I think we have identified who is the over sensitive asshole. One poster has elected to put you on ignore. I can certainly see why and it hardly means this place was "civil" before we got here. You were an asshole then and an asshole now. And after multiple opportunities you have yet to prove that "their fans all think they are a SB team" does not imply "all their fans think they have a SB team".

I'll ask you again, please be quiet so we can move on.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th YPG
8th in comp%
10th YPA
12th QBR
14th QB rating

All this with no O-line, no RB's and a bunch of #2 and #3 WR's. Give this man a raise.

Where in the world do you get this idea that the Redskins have no O line? Except for the current 4 game suspension they have Trent Williams who is one of the best LTs in the NFL. They drafted Scherff last season very high & he will almost surely be in the Pro Bowl soon. Their other OL players have done very well & most are very young. Their previous week link was center, but Spencer Long from Nebraska filled in this season and is doing very well. They are coached by Bill Callahan who is one the best line coaches in the league.

They have only given up 12 sacks which only trails the Raiders who have given up 11. You might want to rethink your comment.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the world do you get this idea that the Redskins have no O line? Except for the current 4 game suspension they have Trent Williams who is one of the best LTs in the NFL. They drafted Scherff last season very high & he will almost surely be in the Pro Bowl soon. Their other OL players have done very well & most are very young. Their previous week link was center, but Spencer Long from Nebraska filled in this season and is doing very well. They are coached by Bill Callahan who is one the best line coaches in the league.

They have only given up 12 sacks which only trails the Raiders who have given up 11. You might want to rethink your comment.

Thank you for setting the record straight. They have holes but OL is not one of them, their backup LT has played great every time he has been called on.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk will now have about a 100 QB rating, 312 YPG, 68 Comp % 8YPA. He should be the 4th highest paid QB in the NFL. He's competing for the MVP and offensive player of the year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk will now have about a 100 QB rating, 312 YPG, 68 Comp % 8YPA. He should be the 4th highest paid QB in the NFL. He's competing for the MVP and offensive player of the year.

Yup, he is certainly making himself millions and millions with each game like yesterday.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Cousins I have always had my reservations. I see him as fool's gold, Andy Dalton in burgundy and good. In other words just good enough to give you hope but ultimately just good enough to get you beat when you need him the most.

But with that said what other options do they have? We've seen 25 years of bad QB play here. To build the roster and then try to find someone who is better is just not realistic. Ask the Browns or Jags how easy it is to find a QB better than Kirk Cousins. So IMO they shouid sign him. It will he a huige deal but that's what the 10th-15th best quarterback in the world costs.

Still feel this way? How exactly is he still "fool's gold"? I am not putting him in the top 5 but cmon. His performance over the last 4 games has been nothing short of spectacular. During time he has been averaging 350 yds passing, about 70% completions & has 8 TDs & 1 INT (that is really bogus since it was towards the end of the half & almost like a punt & totally meaningless).

He has now won what I would call meaningful games & I certainly would not put the majority of the blame for the playoff loss to the Packers on Cousins. That was mainly due to poor O line play & shortcomings on defense. Last night he won in spite of overall poor play by the Redskins defense (granted this was a beat up Packers D but still does not take away from his play).

If there are still Redskins fans that have doubts then I give up! You must be looking for total perfections & that ain't happening. You also need to let go of this idea that the QB is the only one responsible for wins & losses. I believe that the Redskins are still a few players short of making a legit run & if/when they are eliminated this season I would guess that the fault will primarily lie with someone other than Cousins.

This guy needs to be locked up as soon as possible.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one have now seen enough to change my tune on Cousins. Sign him. Sign him now. Whatever Washington needs to do within reason seems like it will be worth it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John ELway will swoop in and steal Cousins

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on record as being in favor of signing him to a long term deal last offseason because what other choice would they have? Sign Ryan Fitzpatrick or someone like Bortles if available? But now it's a no-brainer. I agree his rate is going up by the week but that only means he is playing well and that's great news for Redskins fans.

I still have my reservations. But he is a solid starter now and the 10th-15th best QB in the world costs a lot of money because they are difficult to find.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. Cousins isn't going anywhere. He is a down to earth type guy & I am sure that everything being equal wants to keep him & his family in DC. Assuming that he doesn't have a meltdown in the next 6 games & that the Redskins don't lowball him (both of which I doubt) they will agree to an extension over the offseason & this discussion will be over.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Cousins isn't going anywhere. He is a down to earth type guy & I am sure that everything being equal wants to keep him & his family in DC. Assuming that he doesn't have a meltdown in the next 6 games & that the Redskins don't lowball him (both of which I doubt) they will agree to an extension over the offseason & this discussion will be over.

I appreciate your optimism, but the down to earth family guy stuff doesnt matter to pro athletes....Only money matters, and if he can get an extra $5 somewhere else, he is gone....And lets not forget, im sure he feels slightly dis-respected that the organization showed no faith in his last offseason

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your optimism, but the down to earth family guy stuff doesnt matter to pro athletes....Only money matters, and if he can get an extra $5 somewhere else, he is gone....And lets not forget, im sure he feels slightly dis-respected that the organization showed no faith in his last offseason

I agree, I would be surprised if Cousins didn't test the FA market. Redskins rolled the dice, they'll be plenty of teams ready to offer him big money

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not optimism - realism. A QB in his situation likely doesn't want to move to a totally different situation unless the $$ difference is huge or there are other very unique circumstances. Nobody wants to uproot their family to move to an unfamiliar situation not to mention learning a new system that could take another few years to reach the pt of being effective with this new team.

Cousins did not balk or once criticize the Redskins handling of this situation - he openly embraced it so he is not the bitter, disrespected guy that you are portraying. They have molded an offense around him that should be effective & make him comfortable for many years. He has a coach who - against the advice of the owner & others - backed him 100% and handed him the job a few years ago when some were still trying to hang onto RG3.

This is also a team heading in the rt direction - not a guarantee with other teams & the Broncos would likely somewhat lowball him & expect some type of discount since they are SB contenders. Again - assuming that Cousins doesn't completely tank for the rest of the season or the Skins don't lowball him they will work this out. Don't care what various naysayers say on this since they have been wrong on this subject in just about all cases to date buy hey you keep hoping as a Giants fan that he walks - good luck with that.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I would be surprised if Cousins didn't test the FA market. Redskins rolled the dice, they'll be plenty of teams ready to offer him big money

Won't happen. Most likely he is extended. If not - they will tag him again even at the higher cost. No way that they let him walk during the offseason.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shot....looks like all the NFC east teams are happy with their QB situations.

winners all the way around

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shot....looks like all the NFC east teams are happy with their QB situations.

winners all the way around

Even though we are rivals you have to love this situation. Also shows how quickly things change in the NFL. Many were also touting the AFC-N this offseason & look at that situation now.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we are rivals you have to love this situation. Also shows how quickly things change in the NFL. Many were also touting the AFC-N this offseason & look at that situation now.

yes I do but as you said....stuff changes in a hurry and health still has it's impacts

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems like the Broncos are linked to just about every QB out there. I guess I am struggling to fully understand this as they did use a 1st round pick on a guy they still really like. I would bet they would go after Romo before they would Cousins at this point. Romo would be cheaper (have to remember there is a such thing as the Cap and well while the Broncos do have some cap space for next year another huge contract like what Cousins will get would make things very difficult moving forward) and could fit into that 1 or 2-year type rental idea.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen. Most likely he is extended. If not - they will tag him again even at the higher cost. No way that they let him walk during the offseason.

I made no mention of this offseason. He's married and neither him or his wife have any ties to the area. Sure they can tag him again for another season, after that the offer number jumps up to the same as the quarterback tag number or 144 percent of the player's second tag offer, whichever is greater.