• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KG, Paul Pierce traded to NETS

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather build around Rondo, or a potential superstar like Wiggins or Parker?

Rondo is not a superstar, and you need at least one to contend in the NBA.

It has been rondo's team since before they won their championship. Rondo carried them; the rest just helped. He can do it again with reasonable talent around them, and there are a small handful of point guards I would think about taking over him.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id argue that this is easily a top 4 team out East. East has just the following teams that are decent/good.

Heat
Pacers
Bulls
Nets
Knicks

At this rate, I'd put the Nets ahead of the Knicks because the Knicks seem to be in turmoil.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been rondo's team since before they won their championship. Rondo carried them; the rest just helped. He can do it again with reasonable talent around them, and there are a small handful of point guards I would think about taking over him.

LOL. Rondo's team when they won the title? LOL. He was a role player on that team.

I will post about Rondo's efficiency later. He is a good player, but seriously not nearly as good as you think he is.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this trade, the less I see of an actual contending team for the Nets here.

How is this team all that much different from Boston last year? Rondo is a better PG than DWill, and the Celtics played defense.....something DWill and Joe Johnson do not do. I don't see how this team is really any better than the Celts were last season. I guess it will depend on the legs of KG and Pierce and the bench. Hopefully Lopez can take pressure off KG.

Rondo cant even shoot. hes overrated IMO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Rondo's team when they won the title? LOL. He was a role player on that team.

I will post about Rondo's efficiency later. He is a good player, but seriously not nearly as good as you think he is.

:agree:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 100% Rondo's team. He set the pace; he kept the big 3 getting enough touches to keep them all happy and productive; he was by far the MVP of that team. Rondo goes out and they win a couple of games in the playoffs and are lucky to get out of the first round.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Nets honestly didn't give much up. They gave up two huge contracts and mediocre draft picks. They did take on two big contracts in KG and Pierce but they are obviously trying to win now, which is weird considering Miami has won back-to-back, the Bulls have Rose back, and the Pacers have Granger back while PG emerged as a huge young star.

So it will be difficult to win in the East still, but they didn't have many choices to contend and this was their best option.

Still got:

1. Heat
2. Pacers
3. Nets
4. Bulls

As top teams in East.

They gave up their future in this deal. This is a heavy, heavy price. IF the Nets can contend for then next 5 years, it won't be so bad. With an aging roster, however, I don't think that is realistic.

I agree that the 2014 pick will likely be somewhere in the 20s. Not a heavy price.

What about 2016, 2017 and 2018?

The Cs have the 2016 and 2018 picks outright. From everything that I have heard, I have not seen any mention of these picks being lottery protected. Given the age of the core group, this team could very realistically be in the lottery again by 2016.

If that happens, the Celts could get valuable picks in 2016 and 2018 along with the right to swap picks in 2017 if the Nets have a better pick.

This deal could eventually turn into multiple starters for a rebuilding Celtics and a deathblow to the Nets' next attempt to rebuild.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 100% Rondo's team. He set the pace; he kept the big 3 getting enough touches to keep them all happy and productive; he was by far the MVP of that team. Rondo goes out and they win a couple of games in the playoffs and are lucky to get out of the first round.

Those are things he cant control. The player has to score. You have to look at things that he can control

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are things he cant control. The player has to score. You have to look at things that he can control

What are things he can't control?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You claim it was Rondo's team since before they won their title, which is laughable.

The Celtics won in 2007-2008. That season was the first time Rondo started. He did not even win NBA most improved player that season, which he would have by a landslide if he was in fact the leader of a team with 3 future HOF players.

Key stats- Rondo averaged 10.6 PPG, 5.1 Assists and 4.2 Rebounds along with 1.7 steals.

He had a couple great games in the Finals, but those stats are good, not great. Rondo was an up and coming player for sure in 2008, but to call him the leader of the Celts championship squad is just silly.

I will start a new thread about Rondo's efficiency. I am sure others will have stuff to add.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been KG and Rondo's team. KG might own the team, but Rondo is Danny and has been running it.