• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant: Does He Stay or Does He Go?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem: Durant wants to win a title. He also wants to get paid - and he will.

OKC are a great team. But not great enough to win the big one. How much will they be able to improve when they give Durant $40m a year?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Durant resigns, he should put a clause into his contract requiring Roberson to shoot at least 5,000 jump shots a day in the off season.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder were just a step away from reaching the finals this year. This is still a young team and Adams and Kanter are just now starting to come on. Next year they will take the next step when Durant stays.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder were just a step away from reaching the finals this year. This is still a young team and Adams and Kanter are just now starting to come on. Next year they will take the next step when Durant stays.

Maybe.

I do find it interesting that almost nobody has talked about Curry's health in the early games. I think it had a huge impact on the series. Not saying things would not have been competitive, but I do think they need to add a piece or two. Relying on 7 players to make a playoff push is extremely dicey.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I'm talking about...KD needs to have a true PG instead of a 2 (RW) trying to play the PG position.

If KD was the clear #1 option he'd be free to control the offense. His stats would skyrocket. He's a game changer like steph curry, he just couldn't get it going when he tried to shoot the lights out. Westbrick starts playing hero ball and makes KD wait for his turn.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC is not going to get any better personnel wise.
All their cap space will be used to resign Durant, so they are going to be stuck.

And then they have to pony up money for Adams, Westbrook, and Ibaka next season.
They don't like to spend. They wont keep all those guys.

So, maybe he gets a grand total of one year to win it in OKC.....with Golden State being better and younger.

I would head EAST to Miami and know that other superstars will join him there as South Beach is a beacon.
Players want to play for Miami. And if Durant is there, they will flock to him in Miami.

Lebron in 32. The East is wide open to dominate.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they going to pay him, especially of Bosh is cleared to play?

Only way this summer would almost certainly include losing Whiteside.
Thing is, IF he's even considering coming here, Whiteside would be a big reason why IMO.
Therefore, it makes total sense him to stay put one more season.

As far as Bosh.
My gut says we don't see him again.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC is not going to get any better personnel wise.
All their cap space will be used to resign Durant, so they are going to be stuck.

And then they have to pony up money for Adams, Westbrook, and Ibaka next season.
They don't like to spend. They wont keep all those guys.

So, maybe he gets a grand total of one year to win it in OKC.....with Golden State being better and younger.

I would head EAST to Miami and know that other superstars will join him there as South Beach is a beacon.
Players want to play for Miami. And if Durant is there, they will flock to him in Miami.

Lebron in 32. The East is wide open to dominate.
It'll be really embarrassing if Durant heads East and actually doesn't dominate. I feel like Durant has a plethora of excuses out west. Also, kanter could improve I guess. Durant should stay put imo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way this summer would almost certainly include losing Whiteside.
Thing is, IF he's even considering coming here, Whiteside would be a big reason why IMO.
Therefore, it makes total sense him to stay put one more season.

As far as Bosh.
My gut says we don't see him again.

I agree on Bosh. But until he announces that he's done, he stays on the Heats books.

It's going to take a darn near max deal or maybe a max deal to keep Whiteside and they have to pay D-Wade too. That's going to be a lot of cap space already, then Durant will get a max deal. That's not going to leave much for the bench.

He could end up in the same situation he's in now with a team that isn't very deep, just in a better city. I believe as strongly as you do in Riley's ability to work something out to at least have a serviceable bench. But even as good as he is, there's only so much he can really do.

I think Wade is the key. If he is willing to acknowledge that he ain't getting any younger and takes a smaller deal, that will help tremendously.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Bosh. But until he announces that he's done, he stays on the Heats books.

It's going to take a darn near max deal or maybe a max deal to keep Whiteside and they have to pay D-Wade too. That's going to be a lot of cap space already, then Durant will get a max deal. That's not going to leave much for the bench.

He could end up in the same situation he's in now with a team that isn't very deep, just in a better city. I believe as strongly as you do in Riley's ability to work something out to at least have a serviceable bench. But even as good as he is, there's only so much he can really do.

I think Wade is the key. If he is willing to acknowledge that he ain't getting any younger and takes a smaller deal, that will help tremendously.

No rush for Bosh/Heat to do anything. As long as he doesn't play any more games, the Heat are fine for '17 and would have a ton of cap space. I don't see how or why the Heat doctors would clear him knowing chances are the clots will come back again.

Wade can sign another 1 year 15-20M.

Plenty of room for Whiteside , but we'll lose Deng.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rush for Bosh/Heat to do anything. As long as he doesn't play any more games, the Heat are fine for '17 and would have a ton of cap space. I don't see how or why the Heat doctors would clear him knowing chances are the clots will come back again.

Wade can sign another 1 year 15-20M.

Plenty of room for Whiteside , but we'll lose Deng.

Is there any more word on Bosh? It would suck if he has to end his career this way. But it would suck more if he lost his life over basketball. If he does have to retire, I'm betting the Heat find something for him to do so he can stay close to the game if that's what he wants.

Yeah, if Wade signs for that and Bosh has to retire, looks like you guys will be in better shape than I thought. The fact that Durant also plays SF, should ease the pain of losing Deng considerably. lol

I'd actually like to see the Lakers pick up Deng. I think he would make a great mentor for Simmons/Ingram. Plus, he still has a couple of good years of basketball in him. Especially if they limit him to 15-20 minutes per game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any more word on Bosh? It would suck if he has to end his career this way. But it would suck more if he lost his life over basketball. If he does have to retire, I'm betting the Heat find something for him to do so he can stay close to the game if that's what he wants.

Yeah, if Wade signs for that and Bosh has to retire, looks like you guys will be in better shape than I thought. The fact that Durant also plays SF, should ease the pain of losing Deng considerably. lol

I'd actually like to see the Lakers pick up Deng. I think he would make a great mentor for Simmons/Ingram. Plus, he still has a couple of good years of basketball in him. Especially if they limit him to 15-20 minutes per game.

No official word on Bosh.
From what I've read/heard, there is nothing you can do to prevent a possible reoccurrence if he's off the blood thinners.

I image Durant and others are getting tired of James basically getting a near free ticket to the Finals.
Coming East makes all the sense in the world if a championship is your #1 priority.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers.

Blake, Paul, Redick all off the books.

Keep CP3 if he's still top 5, KD gets his pass 1st pg.

Still have enough for another max deal and still have DeAndre.

......never happen. But, a gal can dream...:sleep:

It's alright lol. I'm gonna daydream about Westbrook being in a Knicks uniform standing next to Porzingis all next year sleep.gif

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KD was the clear #1 option he'd be free to control the offense. His stats would skyrocket. He's a game changer like steph curry, he just couldn't get it going when he tried to shoot the lights out. Westbrick starts playing hero ball and makes KD wait for his turn.
KD needs a PG since he's not one. He can still be the #1 option but he needs someone else to execute the offense so he can concentrate on being KD. IMO he won't ever be able to do that playing with RW.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like your way of thinking, but up 3-1...Adams and Kanter were not the reason they're on vacation now, hell I think if Adams was in there in game 7 4Q it at least comes down to the last possession or two...they gotta get a consistent 3rd scorer...Ibaka I like, but not as a jump shooter when you have to have them...Waiters is solid, but need more from Robertson if they come back with the same crew to get past GS imo.