• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Tom Brady retire if he wins a Super Bowl this year with the Buccaneers?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Brady could win the next 2 Superbowls with Tampa and retire, and he's still always be remembered primarily for his time with the Patriots. Nothing could ever change that. Him succeeded in Tampa would only further cement his prior legacy since he would have proven beyond any doubt that he didn't need BB or a specific "system" to win.
Agreed.
TB winning a SB without BB (I think) is what's driving him to last until he makes it happen.
Sorry about all the letters, on the phone.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,818.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bucs really surprised me yesterday with how they made Rodgers look. So they got the defense that can get him there. And if he can carry the offense to the super bowl yes I could see him going out on top

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he plays out his contract ( two year deal) then evaluates if he wants to continue ( if a team wants him).

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose if there are no penalties called on them the rest of the year, then theu could be super bowl contenders.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is truth in this. Rodgers doesn't show up in the big games. He hasn't been effective in big games since the 2010 Super Bowl win.
No one doubts his talents, it's a mental block he gets when he throws a pic or a WR drops a pass and can't recover. Yesterday he threw the pick 6 plus another INT but still plenty of time to regain composure and couldn't.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one doubts his talents, it's a mental block he gets when he throws a pic or a WR drops a pass and can't recover. Yesterday he threw the pick 6 plus another INT but still plenty of time to regain composure and couldn't.
I agree with you. This has been a pattern for the past nine seasons and a reason he has played in only one Super Bowl.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose if there are no penalties called on them the rest of the year, then theu could be super bowl contenders.
Are you being serious? If not please use the green font.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. This has been a pattern for the past nine seasons and a reason he has played in only one Super Bowl.
It'll be interesting to see how he rebounds in Houston which is playing much better now that BoB is gone.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Tom wins it all, just adds to his legacy.

Look the Pats got shit lucky with Tom, plain and simple but it takes luck in the leagu

I hope Tom wins it all, just adds to his legacy.

Look the Pats got shit lucky with Tom, plain and simple but it takes luck in the league

I agree. Like most non-Patriots fans, I spent a lot of years during my NFL watching time being a bit salty about how much success New England had with Brady and BB together. Compare them to any other team on the whole from 2001-2019, and they absolutely clowned the rest of the league. It got annoying to have to accept the fact that they were literally a damn coin flip every year for making the Superbowl, and that their odds of winning it were about 75% if they did make it with 32 teams in the league. Especially being a fan of a team that is a routine heartbreaker when they aren't total chit like the Vikings.

However, what they did in that timeframe was undeniably insane. That ~20 year stretch of consistent dominance isn't matched by any other pro sports team, let alone the 6 titles and 9 total title appearances in that time. As insane as the Jordan era Bulls NBA title teams was, I still think doing anything like that in the NFL is about 10x harder.

So as an outsider who doesn't really give a chit about the team or specific player, Brady moving to Tampa is a breath of fresh air. It gave a fan of a chit tier team this year like me something to be intrigued by in seeing how BB/the Pats do wothout Brady, and how he does without them. Sunrise, sunset.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Like most non-Patriots fans, I spent a lot of years during my NFL watching time being a bit salty about how much success New England had with Brady and BB together. Compare them to any other team on the whole from 2001-2019, and they absolutely clowned the rest of the league. It got annoying to have to accept the fact that they were literally a damn coin flip every year for making the Superbowl, and that their odds of winning it were about 75% if they did make it with 32 teams in the league. Especially being a fan of a team that is a routine heartbreaker when they aren't total chit like the Vikings.

However, what they did in that timeframe was undeniably insane. That ~20 year stretch of consistent dominance isn't matched by any other pro sports team, let alone the 6 titles and 9 total title appearances in that time. As insane as the Jordan era Bulls NBA title teams was, I still think doing anything like that in the NFL is about 10x harder.

So as an outsider who doesn't really give a chit about the team or specific player, Brady moving to Tampa is a breath of fresh air. It gave a fan of a chit tier team this year like me something to be intrigued by in seeing how BB/the Pats do wothout Brady, and how he does without them. Sunrise, sunset.

/thread