• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KD, the Warriors, Joe Lacob, and money: the situation is evolving

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many years have you been in the 6th grade?

Your reading and comprehension skills need Special Ed help.
You said two stars. I saw one star in Jaylon Brown. Are you saying that’s Horford? It’s not 2014 anymore.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And why would you insult me when you struggle to communicate? You say you’re an author? Got dam. Maybe your editor should have claimed co-author status all the rewrites he must have had to do.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eff KD...he wanted to play in Brooklyn...then he should stay there....and odds are he will.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and that is the conundrum. Whoever the Nets trade to will have draft picks in the low 20s to low 30s. The Nets need to get solid young players or at least one young superstar. Watch for teams that can move a star and a couple of role players as well as picks and you'll find a partner.

The Celtics could give Jalen Brown, Al Horford and Grant William plus three or four first round picks. Total salaries are $59.5M

The Nets could give the Celtics Kevin Durant, TJ Warren and Cam Thomas. Total salaries are $57M

The Nets get two young stars and a veteran. The C's get one youngster in Thomas and a 28 year old in Warren. But the critical piece is Durant.

Half of this audience will outright reject anything to do with the Celtics and that's okay. My point is that not many teams want to spend that kind of money, give up future picks and players for a 36 old who could break down in game one.
I'm taking a wild guess that Horford isn't a young star. Maybe it's you that doesn't know how to read LOL

FYI Grant Williams is not a young star

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why would you insult me when you struggle to communicate? You say you’re an author? Got dam. Maybe your editor should have claimed co-author status all the rewrites he must have had to do.
Bc that's the only way he communicate, even when he is wrong he turns to insults. It's all he's got. This old fart is one of the worst posters on here and he thinks he's always right. No point and looking at his posts bc he doesn't know jack shit.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they give up Wiggins and Poole and add Durant, they are a worse team.

The only way it makes any sense to trade for Durant is if Klay is in the package and Wiggins isn't. Durant and Klay as your wings cant guard shit anymore. Unless you really buy into the fact that Klay might make a major jump next year with a year under his belt. I don't. He's 32. He's not regaining a lot of the ability he lost.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make this deal work for both teams, it is something like this:

Draymond, Kuminga, Wiseman, Poole + a ton of picks

You have to give up the future to get KD. No way around that.

But, IMO, to make it worthwhile, you also have to keep Wiggins.

Because Klay, Curry, Dray and KD with no depth is not the lock it was 6 years ago.

You and the Nets are going to be really unhappy with the return IMO.

The reason no trade has gained any traction is that no one is giving up a young almost star or two plus a ton more for a 34 year old. I dont give a shit if Durant was still great last year. The end is coming and everyone knows it. It is really, really tough to imagine 2 years from now thinking that Durant gave you 2 great seasons. He's just too old.

His sub 40% shooting, 5+ TO a game postseason he just came off of isnt a fluke....its a harbinger of what is to come.

I can't imagine a GM giving up a ton for Durant. But of course I couldnt have imagined anyone giving up a lot for Harden this year and Morey proved me wrong there too. But he's the idiot....not me.

Durant most certainly has value. But a young almost star cant be part of the package and you expect to "win" that trade. And a package of role players plus a lot of picks seems a lost more equitable.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc that's the only way he communicate, even when he is wrong he turns to insults. It's all he's got. This old fart is one of the worst posters on here and he thinks he's always right. No point and looking at his posts bc he doesn't know jack shit.
He's even worse on the PF. But clearly the guy knows dick about the NBA

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they give up Wiggins and Poole and add Durant, they are a worse team.
That's absurd
The only way it makes any sense to trade for Durant is if Klay is in the package and Wiggins isn't.
They will never trade Klay or Dray or Curry. In 2 years when Klay and Dray's contracts are up, they may stay for less money or they may say thanks for the memories but I want to try something new like LA (Klay) or Detroit (Dray).
Durant and Klay as your wings cant guard shit anymore.
LOL you should watch some NBA games sometime, you might like them.
Unless you really buy into the fact that Klay might make a major jump next year with a year under his belt. I don't. He's 32. He's not regaining a lot of the ability he lost.
He'll be 90% of what he was pre-injury. He was close by the Finals. Just needs to be more consistent with the shooting, the defense came around. He won't be guarding the primary star like before, that's Wiggins' job now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and the Nets are going to be really unhappy with the return IMO.

The reason no trade has gained any traction is that no one is giving up a young almost star or two plus a ton more for a 34 year old. I dont give a shit if Durant was still great last year. The end is coming and everyone knows it. It is really, really tough to imagine 2 years from now thinking that Durant gave you 2 great seasons. He's just too old.

His sub 40% shooting, 5+ TO a game postseason he just came off of isnt a fluke....its a harbinger of what is to come.

I can't imagine a GM giving up a ton for Durant. But of course I couldnt have imagined anyone giving up a lot for Harden this year and Morey proved me wrong there too. But he's the idiot....not me.

Durant most certainly has value. But a young almost star cant be part of the package and you expect to "win" that trade. And a package of role players plus a lot of picks seems a lost more equitable.

I agree the Nets asking price is too high.

But Rudy Gobert broke the market. The Jazz got 4 picks for a player who is closer to a bad contract than a star player worthy of returning that haul.

And as good as Poole is, he is not an “almost star”.

He can get buckets for sure, but he is an expendable luxury for the Warriors. His skill set is pretty close to Curry’s, his defense is really bad which makes it hard to play Poole alongside Curry and he will be due a lot of money next summer.

Good chance the Warriors let him walk at that time anyway. So if you can package him with your other young players, some salary filler and a few picks?

That is a better package than any other contender can offer (and remain a contender) and it maximizes the current window for 2-3 more championship runs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's absurd

They will never trade Klay or Dray or Curry. In 2 years when Klay and Dray's contracts are up, they may stay for less money or they may say thanks for the memories but I want to try something new like LA (Klay) or Detroit (Dray).

LOL you should watch some NBA games sometime, you might like them.

He'll be 90% of what he was pre-injury. He was close by the Finals. Just needs to be more consistent with the shooting, the defense came around. He won't be guarding the primary star like before, that's Wiggins' job now.

Eh…

Only thing I disagree with is that I am not totally convinced they wouldn’t be better with Poole and Wiggins.

Because of Wiggins emergence and fit, and my concerns regarding KD’s future age and healthy. That and that Wiggins and Poole aren’t all they would be giving up.

Also agree the Dubs wouldn’t trade any of the core 3, but at this point?

Wiggins and Curry should be the only players who are untradeable for a return like KD.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh…

Only thing I disagree with is that I am not totally convinced they wouldn’t be better with Poole and Wiggins.

Because of Wiggins emergence and fit, and my concerns regarding KD’s future age and healthy. That and that Wiggins and Poole aren’t all they would be giving up.

Also agree the Dubs wouldn’t trade any of the core 3, but at this point?

Wiggins and Curry should be the only players who are untradeable for a return like KD.
That's ignoring the basic facts of this Ws run. The big 3 are all untradeable. That's just how it is.

And remember, KD saves them money vs paying Poole, Wiggins, and Wiseman. They aren't going to keep both Wiggins and Poole after this year it looks like anyway. So if you're going to lose Poole, upgrading Wiggins to KD makes sense in many ways.

As I've said many times KD isn't coming to the Ws, and likely not leaving Brooklyn. The money thing caught my attention, between Lacob basically saying they can't keep both Poole and Wiggins and seeing how the finances work in the Ws favor to make this trade, it has at least some plausibility.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ignoring the basic facts of this Ws run. The big 3 are all untradeable. That's just how it is.

And remember, KD saves them money vs paying Poole, Wiggins, and Wiseman. They aren't going to keep both Wiggins and Poole after this year it looks like anyway. So if you're going to lose Poole, upgrading Wiggins to KD makes sense in many ways.

As I've said many times KD isn't coming to the Ws, and likely not leaving Brooklyn. The money thing caught my attention, between Lacob basically saying they can't keep both Poole and Wiggins and seeing how the finances work in the Ws favor to make this trade, it has at least some plausibility.

I pretty much said all those things in my other post.

They would never trade Klay or Dray.

But that doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t for the right return. Because that decision is an emotional one, not about what makes the best version of the team.

Wiggins is currently their 2nd best player and significantly younger.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much said all those things in my other post.

They would never trade Klay or Dray.

But that doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t for the right return. Because that decision is an emotional one, not about what makes the best version of the team.

Wiggins is currently their 2nd best player and significantly younger.
Eh, in a video game this is close to correct. In the real world, the Ws are right to do things this way. They now have a rep as being a place that works closely and drama-free with their stars, that will overpay them (Draymond), that will take on players that need to rehab their value and get them paid elsewhere (McGee, Payton, Porter, etc). Keeping the core together has real value beyond box scores.

We'll see if Wiggins plays like their 2nd best player for a whole year. He had some bad stretches last year, but came up huge in the playoffs.

And their system isn't really about a hierarchy of 'best' to 'worst'. Curry stands above, but below that each player even the stars have roles, things they do and things they don't.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, in a video game this is close to correct. In the real world, the Ws are right to do things this way. They now have a rep as being a place that works closely and drama-free with their stars, that will overpay them (Draymond), that will take on players that need to rehab their value and get them paid elsewhere (McGee, Payton, Porter, etc). Keeping the core together has real value beyond box scores.

We'll see if Wiggins plays like their 2nd best player for a whole year. He had some bad stretches last year, but came up huge in the playoffs.

And their system isn't really about a hierarchy of 'best' to 'worst'. Curry stands above, but below that each player even the stars have roles, things they do and things they don't.

I get it.

Just don’t think trading Wiggins for KD improves the team enough to justify everything else the Dubs would have to give.

Which is why they aren’t a realistic trade partner.

But just based on assets and fit, they are far and away the ideal partner for Brooklyn.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI Grant Williams is not a young star
Opinions vary.
You said two stars. I saw one star in Jaylon Brown. Are you saying that’s Horford? It’s not 2014 anymore.
Horford is aging but can still be a force. Grant Williams is up and coming and actually started during the NBA Finals.
And the name is JALEN not Jaylon.
Thank you for the insult. Amazing how one can call out others for what they do more often than not.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions vary.

Horford is aging but can still be a force. Grant Williams is up and coming and actually started during the NBA Finals.
And the name is JALEN not Jaylon.

Thank you for the insult. Amazing how one can call out others for what they do more often than not.
Well that makes more sense…you’re just a Homer. Neither Horford nor Grant Williams are stars. Even most Celtics fans would agree with that. Are you going to apologize?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

I think Horford is now someone that you don't worry about how he plays in the regular season...just get him to the playoffs rested.
This season was a great spot for Horford. OKC is tanking so they essentially gave Horford the year off. He came into last year fully rested and ready to perform. This season he’s coming off a long playoff run. He’s not going to be as good as he was last year.