• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judging by yesterdays games

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats should win this SB, a pretty stellar performance, while GB coughed this one up in the last 2 min, I don't think that will happen like that again.

Just my opinion, of course.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Srsly?

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't let me make a prediction. After yesterdays games, it would be an obvious call to think the Patriots will win. I have not seen the Seahawks play that badly for a half of football since the days of the AFC west. I can feel the pain and disgust the Packer fans are feeling. They totally dominated for 3 and 1/2 quarters and Russell pulled one of his Houdini acts.

I sincerely hope the Seahawks play better in the Superbowl.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is talking about the Pats offense against the Seahawks defense. The bigger story will probably wind up being an underrated Pats defense in the end. I don't see the Pats making the kind of bonehead calls and mistakes that the Pack did. Plus the game is on a neutral field.

I hate the Pats almost as much as I hate the Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs, but I don't see them losing this one.

TripleDub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what I saw last night I just don't see the Seahawks losing in the foreseeable future.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats should win this SB, a pretty stellar performance, while GB coughed this one up in the last 2 min, I don't think that will happen like that again.

That is exactly the same sentiments the Broncos fans had last year

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, the Pats nearly choked up a game the prior week vs the Ravens. They didn't have back to back struggles, but Seattle will.

Watch football much?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is talking about the Pats offense against the Seahawks defense. The bigger story will probably wind up being an underrated Pats defense in the end.
Football Outsiders has the Pats Dline ranked 32nd in short yardage run situations, 28th in making negative plays, 20th against medium sized chunks of yards and 3rd against big run plays.

Seattle should be able to run the ball all day.

New England can win but Seattle's Strength matches up well against NEs defense.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle played the worst offensive football in the pete carroll era,,,,,and still beat a good green bay team.......

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly the same sentiments the Broncos fans had last year

Bingo.

Remember when Bronco fans were saying their offense couldn't be stopped by the Seahawks those two weeks leading up to the super bowl. I do.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats performance against Indy is no indication of anything. It's just the perfect matchup for them.

I think it will be more like the Ravens game.

Still the Patriots run D has gotten better as the year progressed. Keeping Wilson and Lynch definitely should be the focus of the D. The Seahawks receivers aren't that scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats performance against Indy is no indication of anything. It's just the perfect matchup for them.

Still the Patriots run D has gotten better as the year progressed. Keeping Wilson and Lynch definitely should be the focus of the D. The Seahawks receivers aren't that scary.

But if the Pats have to stuff 8+ in the box to keep that run threat in check the receivers will look scary. That's how it works.

Both teams need to perform and if they do it should be one freaking outstanding game.

Both teams have crazy secondaries so both are going to be working the run/quick pass games. The trenches are going to be the story of the game. Or at least should be. The read zone vs Brady and gronk + run game and quick hitters.

I really have no idea who will win it. I do laugh though at those who say the game will be easy for the Pats based on the games yesterday when none of them acknowledge the week before when the Pats struggled at home vs the Ravens. Seattle is just as likely to take that and adjust as the Pats did yesterday. It's a whole new game and yesterday won't mean anything for either team.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the Pats have to stuff 8+ in the box to keep that run threat in check the receivers will look scary. That's how it works.

Except the Pats do have the corners to handle your WRs. Maybe Revis takes out Baldwin and Browner gets help from McCourty.

The Pats have to load up the box to stop Lynch. Or at least slow him down and maybe use Ninkovich to spy Wilson.

This is going to be epic.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has the corners to handle yours too. That's why it's such a hard game to handicap. It's going to come down to preparation, game plan, and momentum IMO.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No that's the point. The New England secondary won't need as much help as they usually do against more high powered air attacks. How many will they need in the secondary to keep those receivers under control?

Flip it around. How many in the Seattle secondary would you need to control the Seattle receivers?

Both teams need to perform and if they do it should be one freaking outstanding game.

Both teams have crazy secondaries so both are going to be working the run/quick pass games. The trenches are going to be the story of the game. Or at least should be. The read zone vs Brady and gronk + run game and quick hitters.

I really have no idea who will win it. I do laugh though at those who say the game will be easy for the Pats based on the games yesterday when none of them acknowledge the week before when the Pats struggled at home vs the Ravens. Seattle is just as likely to take that and adjust as the Pats did yesterday. It's a whole new game and yesterday won't mean anything for either team.

I agree. Beating up the Colts was great but it's not relevant to the Superbowl. I actually think Belichick threw out all those offensive formations not just to beat the Colts but to give Seattle more to think about.

The NFC matters only that it show ways to attack the Seattle D. How many yards did Lacey have yesterday. I think the poor showing by the Seattle offense was an aberration. Wilson can't be that bad two games in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the Pats do have the corners to handle your WRs. Maybe Revis takes out Baldwin and Browner gets help from McCourty.

The Pats have to load up the box to stop Lynch. Or at least slow him down and maybe use Ninkovich to spy Wilson.

This is going to be epic.

Collins might be better, he's faster. When he's not blitzing down the middle.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes will come away with the trophy..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many intros from Wilson yesterday?

Not all were his fault, but the veil of invincibility has been lifted, this game should come down to the success of one of my own personal faves, Lynch, Beast Mode, the only player who truly has deserved that moniker.

Reaper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago the Patriots were 18-0 heading to the Super Bowl in Arizona and were double digit favorites and we all know how that turned out don't we! No one can guess how this Super Bowl will turn out but I do think we are in store for a great game!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main focus for the Patriots will be Lynch. Stopping the running game or slowing it to a crawl will be the first order of business. They'll try to cover the receivers in such a way that Wilson will hav to throw outside the numbers. Finally, they'll have to keep a spy on Wilson to prevent him from picking up 25-30 yards when he can't find a receiver.

I'm not sure how Carrol will deal with Patriots offense. Because of their flexibility, he can't get into a single man coverage game. Brady is patient enough to dink and dunk underneath for 57 minutes.

I think the Pats will do everything they can to chew up the clock from that start of the game. Brady will take 39 second to snap the ball and McDaniels will try everything in book to attempt to keep the Seahawks defense off balance.

At the end, it'll be a trick play that catches the other team totally off guard and the kickers will decide it.