• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judging by yesterdays games

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to consider:

Seahawks have dominated in prime time games.

Since Pete Carroll our scores have been:

Rams 16-6 to win the division
Eagles 31-14
Rams 30-13
Packers 14-12 hail mary game
Niners 13-6 LOSS
Niners 42-13
Niners 29-3
Cardinals 34-22
Rams 14-9
Saints 34-7
Niners 23-17 NFCCG
Broncos 43-8 SB
Packers 36-16
Redskins 27-17
Niners 19-3
Cardinals 35-6
Panthers 31-17
Patriots ??-?? SB

I'm telling you, Seahawks play their best games in prime time. Noon starts just arent their thing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattle's defense wasn't good for most of yesterday's game.

they'll have to fix that, or they'll get squashed by NE for sure.

i can admit it.

:wtf:

You gave the ball to the other team 5 times, most of them inside your own 20 and held them to a total of 22 points the entire game and the defense wasn't good? :scratch:

The offense was utter and complete garbage and so was the special teams for 55 minutes of that game save for a fake FG that gave them their first 7. If not for the heroic actions of that defense holding them to 1 TD the entire game Seattle gets blown out by at least 20.

I guess we see that game entirely differently. Like night and day different. Wow.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

You gave the ball to the other team 5 times...

faulty defense had a part in that.

glad they woke up and/or green bay got tired in those last few minutes of the 4th. we won't have that luxury against NE. other teams wearing out in the 4th has been our saving grace all year, and was exemplified to the extreme yesterday. expecting NE to fall apart in the 4th is folly.

i'm sorry if you think i'm wrong for saying it, but if the seahawks defense plays on feb 1 the way they did yesterday for the first 2-3 quarters, it will result in an insurmountable comeback against NE. just the way i see it if they do play the same.

i'm betting our D does much better, though.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
derp

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from the guy who literally chases off anyone from the M's board that dares to not think your way.

What part of FIVE TURNOVERS didn't you get? :L You aren't going to give up that many turnovers deep in your own end and give up NOTHING but FG's on every damned one of them often. That isn't on the D even one tiny little bit. It just isn't.

First scoring play - FG after gaining 18y following a turnover.
Second scoring play - FG after gaining 22y following a turnover.
Third - TD after going 56y
Last two were 48 and 56 y drives for FG's again. Both of them 48y tries which you typically like.

Total yards given up: 171y passing and 135y rushing.

Again, after giving up FIVE TURNOVERS. That's unheard of.

There isn't even a small piece of that game that is on the defense. That defense carried the game and let the retarded and entirely inept offense have a low enough score to finally pull their collective heads out of their asses to salvage.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apologies. the derp post was about the stupid things i was saying, not about you.

no excuses. you are correct.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, after giving up FIVE TURNOVERS. That's unheard of.

There isn't even a small piece of that game that is on the defense. That defense carried the game and let the retarded and entirely inept offense have a low enough score to finally pull their collective heads out of their asses to salvage.
:agree:

As a Rams fan, Ive seen plenty of games where the defense carried a terrible offensive performance. The difference is that the coaches and players made plays at the end. Its also not indicative of the type of game Seattle usually plays.

You can't take away anything from the Seattle/GB game. Seattle should've lost by 10+ points except for a bizarre 2pt conversion that Clinton Dix chose not to contest, a missed grab at an onside kick, super prevent mode, Seattle getting TD from a fake punt, etc, etc. It was a freakish game.

The reality is that New England and Seattle are both more untested than you'd want at the big stage. Indy and Baltimore were both great matchups for the Pats. Seattle got a great matchup and then got a game literally given to them.

These Super Bowl teams aren't your typical powerhouses. They are just the last 2 standing with great coaches. Pete Carroll seems to be the king of zigging when people expect a zag and Bellichick is the expert at taking away someones zag. My early guess is that Seattle should be favored by a touchdown (even though they aren't)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I was just confused there.

That was Wilson's worst game as a pro by far. Baldwin sucked ass for 50 minutes. Kearse personally gave up 2 of those ints on balls right to him that he couldn't catch and the line was awful against that D line until late 4th quarter.

If that offense has even half of those problems in the SB I doubt they can win, but after that comeback I'm not sure how anyone can count that team out of any game until the final whistle.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except for a bizarre 2pt conversion that Clinton Dix chose not to contest

People are saying this, but I don't think he "chose" not to contest it. In the video (to me) it looks like he starts to go up for the ball too early and stops himself, but it takes him way out of position to make a play on the ball. If you watch, he lurches up before the ball gets there and just never recovers. theScore