• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Spieth, a has been at 23 years old ?..

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The young group today take Majors away from each other. Tiger Woods took majors away from everybody. He may not roll them by 12/15 shots....but he'd take them all out.
Take off your Tiger homer glasses and try and be realistic. Tiger only had a few real challengers when he was rolling over the competition but today there are many more elite players in the PGA.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't watch golf on tv. Just can't do it. Probably the most boring thing in the world to be on television. I love to play golf but I am horrible at it. First few holes suck but somewhere around home 6-9 after a few beers I do really well. Too much beer and I lose it on the back nine. Need to find a way to achieve the perfect buzz before the fist hole and have the ability to maintain that buzz the whole day.
Mostly folks that are bad or don't understand golf are bored with watching it on television. Folks that are good at it and understand the game love watching it.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention this dude was -4 on moving day

Wouldn't surprise me if Jordan went low in Sunday. He could shoot par as well.

It wouldn't surprise anybody, the question imposed by the OP might be partially answered this afternoon.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take off your Tiger homer glasses and try and be realistic. Tiger only had a few real challengers when he was rolling over the competition but today there are many more elite players in the PGA.

You use the term ''elite'' loosely, much as my generation found many things ''far out''...or ''bitchin'' if you will.
No question about a few truths I mention below...

go lower

lower even

Jack faced the best top competition in golf's history.
Tiger came along in a lull in great talent...other than his own, he was quite bitchin.
There is clearly more talent in the top 20 today that in Tiger's hayday.
Pauley Shore is the most annoying actor in history, just epically bad really.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Save your 'Tiger-homer' nonsense....I don't like the guy at all. I just know when he was on form, his standard was something no player today could touch, and 'more competition' today or whatever ain't changing the outcome. It's just more players for Tiger to roll.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly folks that are bad or don't understand golf are bored with watching it on television. Folks that are good at it and understand the game love watching it.
Scratch golfer ?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise anybody, the question imposed by the OP might be partially answered this afternoon.

If he's a has been? That's a dumb question.

Lot of competition on tour and the guy is not even 25

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the game and love to play just can't sit and watch on tv. I don't watch much of anything on tv anymore. I'm usually up, moving around, doing something.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP has to be trolling and can't possibly be this stupid. Maybe.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP has to be trolling and can't possibly be this stupid. Maybe.

Look, the OP title was clearly meant to be bold, and a bit over the top.
Other than that I was spot on, and we're seeing it so far this afternoon.
The kid has not shown championship makeup on Sundays since his great 2015 season.
He showed he CAN be the man yesterday, he's showing the flaws in his makeup that might derail his drive to immortality early today.

I really want him to re-capture his mojo and it's very possible he will, but it's a valid question.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's a has been? That's a dumb question.

Lot of competition on tour and the guy is not even 25

Has been is relative fellow poster.
He HAS BEEN the most dynamic young golfer since Tiger was first proving his dominance as an amateur could be duplicated at the highest level. That is where we were with Spieth 2 years ago.
Again, I hope he pulls it together, wins this tourney and never looks back, but he might not.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no duffer.
I swing another kind of iron

Them big swords make solid scratching tools in a skilled hand.
They can make dead scratchers of the unskilled though.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them big swords make solid scratching tools in a skilled hand.
They can make dead scratchers of the unskilled though.
Some of us were born to run with scissors.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us were born to run with scissors.

I play it smart.
I throw scissors real fast, I figure the less amount of time they're in the air the less likely they are to hit somebody.
I'm also careful the throw at the head, I figure if they're coming near the eyes they're easier to see.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has been is relative fellow poster.
He HAS BEEN the most dynamic young golfer since Tiger was first proving his dominance as an amateur could be duplicated at the highest level. That is where we were with Spieth 2 years ago.
Again, I hope he pulls it together, wins this tourney and never looks back, but he might not.

That year he was dominant yes. DJ hadn't won a major yet. Rory wasn't Rory and the young guns weren't full strength.

There are a lot of great golfers on tour right now so it's gonna be hard for anyone to dominate. If anyone can its DJ or Speith

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post like an adult and I'll respond, even if I don't like your opinions.
I'm done with you and the 4 or 5 other children though.

Quotes me from Page 1, to tell me he's done with me. Lulz

So, does "posting like an adult" mean just generally be a know-it-all douchebag that's completely unlikable?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the game and love to play just can't sit and watch on tv. I don't watch much of anything on tv anymore. I'm usually up, moving around, doing something.
Are you hyper?