• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Spieth, a has been at 23 years old ?..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that drugs with sedative-type properties would dull mental clarity. Maybe slow down the heartbeat, but interfere with concentration?

I don't think it was a sedative-type drug.

Maybe nerve-calming is misleading? Pretty sure it was Adderall.

I play better after a joint, if that means anything? Lulz

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a sedative-type drug.

Maybe nerve-calming is misleading? Pretty sure it was Adderall.

I play better after a joint, if that means anything? Lulz
Adderall does improve concentration, it's prescribed for ADHD. But is a stimulant.

My nerves are calmed by beer. I don't play any better, but I care less about playing shitty...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adderall does improve concentration, it's prescribed for ADHD. But is a stimulant.

My nerves are calmed by beer. I don't play any better, but I care less about playing shitty...

A few beers is a necessity to "loosen up".

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't lie about that.

GnG we need to tee it up man. I'm in Dallas and I'm probably a 3 or 4 right now.. I don't play alot at all anymore.

As far as the OP saying Jordan will possibly have an "ok" career after this Masters.. Spieth has already solidified a solid career. The kid has 3 majors. Sergio just got his 1st and solidified his career by doing so. We all know Sergio's problem was Tiger. Jordan's problem is their is about 5 guys on tour right now that are almost at Tiger's level when he was destroying everyone on tour.

DJ
Day
Rory
Rose
Spieth

Can all bring it right now. And there's the younger guys coming up that can bomb it

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few beers is a necessity to "loosen up".

1 beer per 3 holes for me and it's on. Which brings me to my point with DJ - how in the hell can you top 5 on the PGA tour after doing blow all week + playing against the best in the world.

That's impressive shit

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this regarding steroids and technical sports such as golf. On the surface, enhanced strength doesn't have much to do with golf, however, it certainly has a lot to do with practicing golf. We all have heard about how many balls a day he'd hit during his run. I don't think there was anyone that didn't notice how beefed up and ripped he looked coming into whatever year that was?(slips my mind, but I just remember the tour starting and seeing him, and my eyes opening wide in shock at how big he suddenly appeared). Who knows if it's true, as it's just rumors and speculation, but it definitely makes sense, considering how quickly his body turned for the worse on him.

So, I do think there is a definite advantage to steroids in golf, just with regards to putting in the hours.

Good points on the practice time...another noted range rat, VJ was actually caught with some stuff so I wouldn't put it past Tiger either.

I've seen Tiger up close about 4 or 5 times...the 1st was '96 when he won the Bellsouth here in ATL (fucker never came back either...only event he never defended) He was a kid then 20, 21 y/o and looked like a kid. At the '03 WGC Amex...he looked more mature, etc, more defined. '13 Masters you can tell he had added some muscle....if I had to guess, I would say he was on something if not steroids outright.

Bruce Litzke...kinda dispelled the mega practice theory on some level, but I'll give ya the more endurance factor to practice more.

I think the big push back I have is the gap between Tiger and Jack...the amount of tourney wins alone brings them somewhat closer than it's not even close.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They SOUNDED so good....My BIL got one of the last sets made 25 years ago or more and played them for a while. When the metal heads came in he abandoned them like everyone else. One day I asked what became of them..."Oh, I just hit rocks from the alley with them..."

WTF!

They did sound good with solid contact....talk about feedback though...mishits actually hurt a little.

What a shame! I'd like to have a couple framed in my man cave. I'm pretty sure my old neighbor still has those Wilsons...didn't play much but he has an appreciation for them. I wouldn't mind practicing with one, but the shafts are so different from my set.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's when the steroids turned on him.:wink:

Better equipment, better sports science, better steroids...:heh:

The records show, that no one really is all that close. I realize there is some opinion fudge-room there, but the numbers don't lie, as they say. Closest in major wins is Tiger, and there is a very good chance he will never win another. Arguably, even more impressive, is Jack's 2nd place finishes in majors. Good chance nobody will ever touch that record.

Tiger's run was awesome, and something the sport really needed at the time, but most new it wouldn't last, with that overly-aggressive swing of his. But as impressive as that burst was, I think Jack run of longevity is even more impressive.

Just my $0.02

Yeah, those 19 2nd place finishes really set him apart. He was T2 for a few, but what's really notable about them is who beat him the times he finished solo 2nd. 8 of those times, the only guy standing between him and another major was named Palmer, Trevino or Watson.

Tiger finished 2nd in a major 6 times, solo 2nd 4 of those times with Rich Beem, Yang Yong-eun, Michael Campbell and Trevor Immelman being the guys he couldn't beat those weeks.