• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC West Teams: What Makes a Successful 2018?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Chiefs go into Pittsburgh and win, I'm not going to put too much into that ..

Since 2006, 16 of 19 teams (84 percent) with five or more wins than losses in games decided by seven points or fewer had a worse record the next season. On the flip side, all 20 teams with five or more losses than wins over that same period improved their record the next season ...

Last season, the Steelers were 8-2 in games decided by a touchdown or less .. The past few season have given glimpses of Big Ben on the downside of his career, and as we saw with Manning, sometimes it happens all in one season ...

The Steelers have a great tradition and some talent, a good HC, etc, but in the course of the past year, they've lost Shaizer, Todd Haley, Le'veon Bell - and all of those losses carry some added emotion ....

The Steelers may not be making the playoffs this season, so a Chiefs win may not mean as much as it might if everything was clicking in Pittsburgh ..

That makes sense to you and I. I definitely agree with you. I also think the Chiefs win that game by 34-31 type score. The excitement of the offense is going to completely overshadow the lack of a defense. With that said, put yourself in the position of a Chiefs fan. A win over the Steelers would be huge to them.

Also, a 2-0 start with two roadies to open the season is a great way to start. It’s going to fuel some serious anticipation for good things ahead among Chiefs fans.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that Pittsburgh's division might not be almost as bad as the AFC East.

If the Chiefs have a winning record at the end of 6 games that could be trouble for the rest of the AFC West as the rest of the schedule is easier.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Chiefs go into Pittsburgh and win, I'm not going to put too much into that ..

Since 2006, 16 of 19 teams (84 percent) with five or more wins than losses in games decided by seven points or fewer had a worse record the next season. On the flip side, all 20 teams with five or more losses than wins over that same period improved their record the next season ...

Last season, the Steelers were 8-2 in games decided by a touchdown or less .. The past few season have given glimpses of Big Ben on the downside of his career, and as we saw with Manning, sometimes it happens all in one season ...

The Steelers have a great tradition and some talent, a good HC, etc, but in the course of the past year, they've lost Shaizer, Todd Haley, Le'veon Bell - and all of those losses carry some added emotion ....

The Steelers may not be making the playoffs this season, so a Chiefs win may not mean as much as it might if everything was clicking in Pittsburgh ..
I think its a perception vs reality issue. The Chiefs beat the Chargers and lose to the Steelers. Thats where the expectations have been the past 3 years.

I do think the Steelers are a bad matchup for the Chiefs. If the Chiefs win and its not because they played above average defense then it probably means that the Steelers are no longer a playoff team.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a perception vs reality issue. The Chiefs beat the Chargers and lose to the Steelers. Thats where the expectations have been the past 3 years.

I do think the Steelers are a bad matchup for the Chiefs. If the Chiefs win and its not because they played above average defense then it probably means that the Steelers are no longer a playoff team.

That will remain to be seen. The Steelers started slow last year too as I recall. I think the Chiefs pull it off this time and you’re right: it’s perception. Chiefs fans have come to expect losses in some scenarios and if they defy those expectations it’ll be seen as reason to believe this season will be different.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manners are good - grammar needs work. ;)

That or my texting skills need work.

Thanks for noticing. I love positive feedback.

Sending positive vibes your way. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Thanks so much for being you.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That or my texting skills need work.

Thanks for noticing. I love positive feedback.

Sending positive vibes your way. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Thanks so much for being you.

That's very good, but you are not quite there yet. You are still a couple of rungs higher than the proper obsequiousness for this situation.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's very good, but you are not quite there yet. You are still a couple of rungs higher than the proper obsequiousness for this situation.

Thanks for pointing that out. It is an honor to hear your opinion.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and Mahomo looks strong
Carving up Pitts right now

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and Mahomo looks strong
Carving up Pitts right now

Their offense looks stellar. Going into Pittsburgh and starting out that way is impressive. Through the first quarter and a 21-0 lead they looked unstoppable.

The defense is a liability. The Steelers were able to tie it up before the half. Looks like the Chiefs are starting out hot again but they’re going to need that defense to come through at some point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me as one - who does not believe Maholmes can possibly be as good as his stats.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes looks good, the Steelers defense is also one of the worst in the NFL. They might have the worst LB core in the NFL and one of the worst secondary’s.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes has more TDs than interceptions yesterday

I’m seeing throws like Aaron Rodgers makes.

He looks legit

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC West is surprising so far, but it's early.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sitting here after work watching the Steelers / Chiefs and I am shocked by the defensive ineptness of both team, esp the Steelers ..

It looked like a charity flag football game

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sitting here after work watching the Steelers / Chiefs and I am shocked by the defensive ineptness of both team, esp the Steelers ..

It looked like a charity flag football game

Im telling ya. The Steelers D is awful this year. They have the worst LB core in the NFL (Very weird to say that) think about that.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have the worst LB core in the NFL. I feel sorta bad for their offense. Esp at Big Ben's old age.

They also have one of the worst secondary's in the NFL and they were minus Joe Haden their best cover CB that game.