• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC West Teams: What Makes a Successful 2018?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver_MM_01.jpg

SharkUnderTeddy675.jpg

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s safe to say this season was definitely a success for the Chiefs. To have to be breaking in a new QB, have no defense to speak of, and have to release a star RB, and still be 11-4 and on the brink of locking in the #1 seed is pretty impressive.

I suspect they get beat by the first team they face in the playoffs, but I suspected and up and down year from their offense to go with that bad defense so they’re already way better than I gave them credit for.

As for the Broncos it’s pretty clear this was a lost season. I’ll still be proud of the team if they beat the Raiders tonight and go on to finish 8-8 but I will still consider it a lost season. This team could have been so much better with a better play call here, a better use of a coach’s challenge there...it felt like this team was so close at so many points along the way. But taken in the aggregate being so close so many times leads to a final product that was nowhere near where it should have been.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed more power. Kubiak gave his teams a grinding action that physically beat the other teams into the ground. This coach not so much.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a major win of a season if we keep all our OL intact and add One bad assed RT through the draft.

And yes that means paying Good players we drafted.

I have no problems Going into next year with this team the last few weeks we had some young OL, WR, DL,and RB Develop this last year.

minus an average Coach.

This year we need to keep all this team that performed. that for once was great.

This team damn well was good enough to win the SB!

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s safe to say this season was definitely a success for the Chiefs. To have to be breaking in a new QB, have no defense to speak of, and have to release a star RB, and still be 11-4 and on the brink of locking in the #1 seed is pretty impressive.

I suspect they get beat by the first team they face in the playoffs, but I suspected and up and down year from their offense to go with that bad defense so they’re already way better than I gave them credit for.

As for the Broncos it’s pretty clear this was a lost season. I’ll still be proud of the team if they beat the Raiders tonight and go on to finish 8-8 but I will still consider it a lost season. This team could have been so much better with a better play call here, a better use of a coach’s challenge there...it felt like this team was so close at so many points along the way. But taken in the aggregate being so close so many times leads to a final product that was nowhere near where it should have been.
Yeah, its win for the Chiefs, loss for the Broncos and Raiders.

Chargers still up in the air. Blowing that Ravens game for them is devastating but I still think they have a chance at the Super Bowl but this is definitely their year to do it with Rivers.

I don't think its devastating to the Broncos or Raiders. Broncos will likely have better coaching next year and are poised to contend. Raiders knew they wanted to tank and started doing it very early on.

Chiefs probably need to either win the Super Bowl or fire Bob Sutton for there to be a true long-term win out of this. The Chiefs defense seems to get worse instead of better no matter who is on the field. But Mahomes is good and ahead of schedule so its hard to complain.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That offense looks great. You just need a defense that can control the bleeding. Easier said than done in this day and age. There are some who think the Chiefs and Rams are ushering in an era in which defense literally doesn’t matter anymore. I think it’s still a bit premature to make that determination. It’ll be interesting to see how these teams look in the playoffs. If some of the more balanced teams succeed it’ll set that theory back quite a bit.