• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC West Teams: What Makes a Successful 2018?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs looked good. The offense is built around T. Hill who may lose his wheels on any tackle.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Mahomes would have first year starter struggles. I know it's only one game but that guy looks pretty poised and confident. There hasn't been anything negative really reported about the guy. The Chiefs offense looks scary good right now. We'll see. It's a long season and teams adjust accordingly, once they get some film/tendencies on opponents.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Joey Bosa had been in the lineup Mahomes wouldn’t have been as relaxed. Chargers D was pretty depleated.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are overrated - why should this year be any different?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after a season, Would I give them that.

Sir,

This is a question, not a statement. Please refrain from confusing the hell out of everyone with your posts.

Thank you,

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Bellechick never shared his secret with his assistants. Welcome to non- New England, Matt Patricia.

How anyone thinks that Bellechick is half the coach he is without Brady in NE is beyond me in the first place.

But then you want to go and hire his assistants again and again and again, when they can barely make it 2 seasons at best?

I think Houston's HC is the longest tenured at this point, and frankly without that defense he's in the shitter two years ago.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at the Belichek " tree " compared to Walsh's and you'll see what LGM is talking about. Walsh was surrounded by coaches that went on to great careers, where BB has been surrounded by coaches that have tried to spread their wings and failed miserably. When BB retires, NE will be celled dwellers for a long time.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Raiders it’s one game and against a good DC, but getting blanked in the second half isn’t a good look for them. They looked solid, not great but solid in the first half.

Their defense played inspired too but I think they played above their level due to the anticipation and emotion. It’ll be hard for them to keep that up through the season especially if the team takes some early losses.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers were sans one of the most disruptive players in the league on defense. I’m not making excuses for them but let’s not kid ourselves: the Chargers defense being without Bosa would not be unlike the Chiefs offense without MaHomes.

Still that Chiefs O looked good. If they can keep that core together and get some game changers on defense they will be dangerous. Right now I think that defense is going to undermine the offense.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after week 1 anything change for people? I know Raiders still have to play tonight.

I shared some thoughts about what I think of the Chiefs potential but since this discussion is about what fans of that team will think of their own team once the season has ended I will add this.

Following Sunday’s game the expectations for the Chiefs seem to have gone up. I get the sense some of their fans expected a performance like that and feel validated they got it. The Chargers have received a lot of hype all year so to hang 38 on them was no doubt impressive and it has emboldened some of the fans on another board I frequent. Little mention has been made of Rivers’ 424 passing yards , however.

One thing for sure:
If they go into Pittsburgh and knock off the Steelers there will be Super Bowl contender talk from Chiefs fans.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Chiefs go into Pittsburgh and win, I'm not going to put too much into that ..

Since 2006, 16 of 19 teams (84 percent) with five or more wins than losses in games decided by seven points or fewer had a worse record the next season. On the flip side, all 20 teams with five or more losses than wins over that same period improved their record the next season ...

Last season, the Steelers were 8-2 in games decided by a touchdown or less .. The past few season have given glimpses of Big Ben on the downside of his career, and as we saw with Manning, sometimes it happens all in one season ...

The Steelers have a great tradition and some talent, a good HC, etc, but in the course of the past year, they've lost Shaizer, Todd Haley, Le'veon Bell - and all of those losses carry some added emotion ....

The Steelers may not be making the playoffs this season, so a Chiefs win may not mean as much as it might if everything was clicking in Pittsburgh ..