• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Howard will thrive in Nagy's offense

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You feel? It wasn't much? You make a lot of stupid shit up.
Howard ran against 8+ in the box more than every RB in the NFL with at least 200 attempts - sans only Leonard Fournette. Howard averaged more YPC than Fournette despite their similar figures pertaining to how defenses lined up against them.

Rushing Stats | NFL Next Gen Stats

This looks official.

Even if it was, it says Howard ran against 8 in the box 38% of the time. That's a far cry from what I heard over the season of idiots saying he "constantly" runs against 8 in the box. Defenses are only focused on Howard. All of which are gross exaggerations which your link proves and which was the main crux of what I was arguing.

And please stand up if any idiot in here would take Howard over Fournette. That's about as relevant as that stat is.

Btw nice stipulation of "atleast 200 carries" to make your stats work.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks official.

Even if it was, it says Howard ran against 8 in the box 38% of the time. That's a far cry from what I heard over the season of idiots saying he "constantly" runs against 8 in the box. Defenses are only focused on Howard. All of which are gross exaggerations which your link proves and which was the main crux of what I was arguing.

And please stand up if any idiot in here would take Howard over Fournette. That's about as relevant as that stat is.

it says Howard ran against 8 in the box 38% of the time

No... it says Howard ran against 8+ in the box 43% of the time. Not 38%. You are once again lying and "making shit up".

All of which are gross exaggerations which your link proves and which was the main crux of what I was arguing.

Uh... the link proves he ran against more stacked boxes than any other feature back in football not named Leonard Fournette. Which proves he's putting up better numbers than the majority of the backs in the league - while operating from within a more adverse situation than nearly all of them.

That's about as relevant as that stat is.

Yeah, totally...

A statistic displaying how many carries a RB had against a stacked box - is SO NOT relevant to a conversation to how many carries a RB had against a stacked box. Lol. (sarcasm... if you didn't get the hint)

:pound::noidea:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw nice stipulation of "atleast 200 carries" to make your stats work.

That is almost always how RB stats are broken up when comparing players based on statistical averages over a season. Minimum of 200 attempts. Sometimes 175 is used, but you'll find that you only pickup 2 backs in front of Howard. Stewart was the only one really close to that 200 number who was left out. I suppose you think Chris Ivory/Mike Gillislee with their 6.5 carries per game should be compared to featured backs? Lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BsGenius

Good thing Howard doesn't create misses or gain yards after contact, though. Right?

Kareem Hunt, Dion Lewis among 10 most elusive running backs

NFL's Top Ten Most Elusive Running Backs:

Jordan Howard
RB
Bears

YGAC (yards gained after contact):

Howard followed up his excellent rookie season with yet another 1,000-yard rushing campaign in 2017. He's a tough back to bring down when he gets rolling. Howard gained an average of 4.06 yards after defenders closed within 1 yard of him. He was also a top performer in this metric in 2016, as his 4.64 yards gained after close ranked first among backs with over 175 carries.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what's funny? Howard could pass Thomas Jones on the Bears all-time rushing list as soon as THIS SEASON (needs 1,060 yards and would be #6 on our all-time list). Along with tying Neal Anderson in 1,000 yard rushing seasons as a Bear (would tie him for #3 on the list).

He'll start the season at the age of 23 - with a chance to not only have broken Bears rookie, single season or early career records. He's passing CAREER mile markers for Bears players widely considered to be among our very best skill players of all-time.

Many RB's we look at as having had very successful careers go their entire career with 3 or 4 thousand yard seasons. lol. It took Forte until 28 to get his 4th. At a point here soon - we'll reach a point where Howard's career is just an established success. Where he could never carry the ball again and STILL retire as having been a really good RB.

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's funny? Howard could pass Thomas Jones on the Bears all-time rushing list as soon as THIS SEASON (needs 1,060 yards and would be #6 on our all-time list). Along with tying Neal Anderson in 1,000 yard rushing seasons as a Bear (would tie him for #3 on the list).

He'll start the season at the age of 23 - with a chance to not only have broken Bears rookie, single season or early career records. He's passing CAREER mile markers for Bears players widely considered to be among our very best skill players of all-time.

Many RB's we look at as having had very successful careers go their entire career with 3 or 4 thousand yard seasons. lol. It took Forte until 28 to get his 4th. At a point here soon - we'll reach a point where Howard's career is just an established success. Where he could never carry the ball again and STILL retire as having been a really good RB.

Kid's a beast. Perfect Bear RB.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh... the link proves he ran against more stacked boxes than any other feature back in football not named Leonard Fournette. Which proves he's putting up better numbers than the majority of the backs in the league - while operating from within a more adverse situation than nearly all of them.

Do you know how to follow a conversation? This is a constant theme with you. You lack basic understanding. My comment was directed at the common statements made of Howard over the season from all the pro Howard fanboys (which you conveniently left out) of this gross exaggeration that Howard constantly runs against 8 in the box. That defenses are solely focused on Howard, even one idiot claiming defenses knowing what play is even going to be run and yet Howard superhumanly still breaks through those defense. THAT was my point and I won't repeat it again if you're brain can't adequately comprehend it.

Yeah, totally...

A statistic displaying how many carries a RB had against a stacked box - is SO NOT relevant to a conversation to how many carries a RB had against a stacked box. Lol. (sarcasm... if you didn't get the hint)

Once again, unable to grasp the point. The stat (which is unofficial btw so take I take it with a grain of salt) that you linked says "Howard averaged more YPC than Fournette despite their similar figures pertaining to how defenses lined up against them." So how relevant is this "stat" if almost everybody would still rather have Fournette.

Get it now dummy? Or should i draw it?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blah blah blah.

And Emmitt Smith is a better back than Walter Payton.

There is so much to being a great RB than pure stats, you wouldn't have a clue. Because it's all stats with you, oh sorry, unofficial stats for you, i mean.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BsGenius

Good thing Howard doesn't create misses or gain yards after contact, though. Right?

Kareem Hunt, Dion Lewis among 10 most elusive running backs

NFL's Top Ten Most Elusive Running Backs:

Jordan Howard
RB
Bears

YGAC (yards gained after contact):

Howard followed up his excellent rookie season with yet another 1,000-yard rushing campaign in 2017. He's a tough back to bring down when he gets rolling. Howard gained an average of 4.06 yards after defenders closed within 1 yard of him. He was also a top performer in this metric in 2016, as his 4.64 yards gained after close ranked first among backs with over 175 carries.

I'm going to throw you a bone and finally respond to this drivel. The comedy has finally worn off for me and now it's getting boring so here goes...I'm sure you'll choose to not believe me but i don't care.

When you originally first brought this up I was writing a response to it. Then as i was writing it, it was eerily familiar. So i stopped and looked over my history and sure enough. About X months back (at the time) I had already responded to this same stat. And you may have been the one that originally brought it up (but I'm not 100% sure). So instead of writing the same thing again I ignored it. I thought it was a waste of my time to repeat. Then you started going apesh*t crazy reposting this over and over again like you found the holy grail of arguments. So i continued to ignore to see what happens. Then your lunacy started appearing and I'm sitting here cracking up because now i'm so intentionally ignoring you and it's so obvious. But you kept on going on and on with this and now here we are. Your stupidity is no longer funny to me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BS. AKA - big stupid head.

Just admit you are wrong about Howard you will feel better. You keep fighting the truth and you keep losing. This has already gone on for 2 years, and by now you must realize how incredibly stupid you are. The rest of us got it right away.

PS. Players off other teams said they knew our plays better then we did and Howard was our only threat so ya, DC's kinda noticed that. They game planned to stop Howard. Everybody game plans against the other teams threats, we had 1. They would stack the box on every run down. Rich showed you that number.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you know how to follow a conversation? This is a constant theme with you. You lack basic understanding. My comment was directed at the common statements made of Howard over the season from all the pro Howard fanboys (which you conveniently left out) of this gross exaggeration that Howard constantly runs against 8 in the box. That defenses are solely focused on Howard, even one idiot claiming defenses knowing what play is even going to be run and yet Howard superhumanly still breaks through those defense. THAT was my point and I won't repeat it again if you're brain can't adequately comprehend it.

Yeah, totally...

Once again, unable to grasp the point. The stat (which is unofficial btw so take I take it with a grain of salt) that you linked says "Howard averaged more YPC than Fournette despite their similar figures pertaining to how defenses lined up against them." So how relevant is this "stat" if almost everybody would still rather have Fournette.

You lack basic understanding. My comment was directed at the common statements made of Howard over the season from all the pro Howard fanboys (which you conveniently left out) of this gross exaggeration that Howard constantly runs against 8 in the box. That defenses are solely focused on Howard, even one idiot claiming defenses knowing what play is even going to be run and yet Howard superhumanly still breaks through those defense. THAT was my point and I won't repeat it again if you're brain can't adequately comprehend it.

And I proved that Howard is constantly running against 8+ in the box.

You're being dishonest again and boiling things down to petty semantics (a common theme with you). Obviously, in sports. We speak in relative terms.

- "Ray Allen was the greatest 3 point shooter of all-time! He couldn't miss from out there! You couldn't guard him!" ---- He was a career 40% 3 point shooter.

- "All Giancarlo Stanton did in 2017 was hit home runs! He was constantly hitting them out of the park!" ----- Giancarlo Stanton homered 59 times in 692 plate appearances.

- "Jordan Howard is constantly running against a stacked box!" ------ Howard ran against a stacked box 43% of the time.

The common theme, dingus - Is that relative to all three of those players counterparts, those numbers are out of the ordinary.

Once again, unable to grasp the point. The stat (which is unofficial btw so take I take it with a grain of salt) that you linked says "Howard averaged more YPC than Fournette despite their similar figures pertaining to how defenses lined up against them." So how relevant is this "stat" if almost everybody would still rather have Fournette

Lol... so, let me get this straight - you are saying that stats like yardage and yards per carry aren't relevant either? Since... ya know... Howard is better than Fournette in those categories?

Another classic BS meltdown in progress. I was going to give up replying to you, but topics like this are too fun. I feel like Justin Verlander pitching to a booger eating little leaguer.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, totally...

Once again using casual conversation, or semantics against people.

"But, but, you said EVERYONE and CONSTANTLY!?!"

derp derp

"same as it ever was, same as it ever was..." ~DB

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay away from tall buildings @BsGenius

Doubling double on your dumb ass is hardly genius

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw you a bone and finally respond to this drivel. The comedy has finally worn off for me and now it's getting boring so here goes...I'm sure you'll choose to not believe me but i don't care.

When you originally first brought this up I was writing a response to it. Then as i was writing it, it was eerily familiar. So i stopped and looked over my history and sure enough. About X months back (at the time) I had already responded to this same stat. And you may have been the one that originally brought it up (but I'm not 100% sure). So instead of writing the same thing again I ignored it. I thought it was a waste of my time to repeat. Then you started going apesh*t crazy reposting this over and over again like you found the holy grail of arguments. So i continued to ignore to see what happens. Then your lunacy started appearing and I'm sitting here cracking up because now i'm so intentionally ignoring you and it's so obvious. But you kept on going on and on with this and now here we are. Your stupidity is no longer funny to me.

Keep deflecting. lol. Hilarious.

Honestly, I feel for you. It's all you can do. If you acknowledge that those numbers exist - your entire argument on Howard is nullified and destroyed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay away from tall buildings @BsGenius

Doubling double on your dumb ass is hardly genius

This is turning into an all-timer of a thread for him. I can't say it's #1 - but it's top 5. Which is really saying something for the board dunce going back to the mid-00's on the old ESPN forums. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah.

And Emmitt Smith is a better back than Walter Payton.

There is so much to being a great RB than pure stats, you wouldn't have a clue. Because it's all stats with you, oh sorry, unofficial stats for you, i mean.

Ah, yes! I was waiting for it!

The patented BS strawman argument. It's a staple in every thread he gets involved in.

Nobody claimed stats make a RB. You were the first who even brought up that possibility. You pulled that argument out of thin-air. Due to the fact that the ACTUAL argument you are facing is too overwhelming for you.

I honestly think that dictionary.com could have written this definition over your existence, BS.

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun

1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.