• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Jets @ Bills on CBS

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. Bills fans drive me nuts in this area, but for once I actually feel bad for them. I will say they are a loyal fanbase who just want to win badly. Unfortunately, it just seems like no big quality coacgh wants to live inWestern NY? Just my opinion. I don't consider Rex a quality coach. He is a big name who hasn't done shit. I think Pegulla is an excellent owner and hopefully at some point he will find the right person. He has already done a wonderful job with the Sabres. That being said, fuck both franchises.:suds:
OBTW sweet avi:thumb:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Buffalo misses the XP after their scoring drive being down 2 TD's they need another 7 points to tie instead of 7 giving them the win. By going for 1 and making it instead of 2 and failing the Jets at least ensured that Buffalo would need to make their XP if they did happen to score.

I think Buffalo had better chance of missing the XP if they scored than the Jets making a 2 point conversion.

Not really, lets look at the numbers

49% success on 2pt conversions
96% on XP's.

Assuming Buff scores twice and kicks XP's...

NY goes for 2

49% chance 2pt success and Jets up by 14
Buf has 0% chance to win, 92% chance to tie, 8% chance to lose kicking XP's

51% chance 2pt fails and Jets up by 12.
Buff 98.4% chance to win (make 1 of 2 XP's), 0% chance to lose, 1.6% chance to tie

NY goes for XP

96% chance NY up by 13.

Buff 94% chance to win (make both), 1.6% chance to lose, 4.4% chance to tie.

So it's a 50/50 shot. If you fail on the 2pt conversion you just gave Buff a 4.4% better chance to win kicking XP's. 94% chance Buff wins with 2 XP's. If you make it, you flip a coin basically on giving Buff a 0% chance to win going for XP's.

It's a very small risk for a huge reward there.