• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're full of crap and you need to find another team to post about. You are borderline trolling at this point.

Shaq did not leave because of Kobe. Shaq was traded because he wanted $30 million and the Lakers wanted to pay him $20 million. The final straw came in a pre-season game when Shaq dunked and the screamed "You gonna pay me now?" At that point, he was gone.

Trojan, I never even discussed Shaq's departure in this thread. I merely indicated that by that timeframe, Kobe had tremendous influence on the team direction....................in comparison to complaints that Lebron holds that effect now and some are slamming him for it.

:gaah:

Guess you should quit trolling then, huh?

Kobe doesn't and has never had the kind of decision making power that Lebron has. If Kobe did, Mike Brown wouldn't have replaced Phil, Brian Shaw would have. D'Antoni never would have replaced Mike Brown, Phil would have and Byron Scott would already have been named coach.

If Shaq had that kind of power when he was a Laker, he'd still be a Laker because they'd have paid him his $30 million.

Even MWP coming to the Lakers wasn't because Kobe wanted him. It was because the Lakers knew that they would likely see the Celtics in the finals and the Celtics had physically kicked their asses in 2008. MWP was brought in as an answer to that. Kobe was only consulted to make sure he didn't have an issue playing on the same team as MWP.

The Lakers have always listened to their star players, but have never afforded them the kind of power that Lebron wields in Cleveland. Just like every other star player they've had, that player gets input, but they are not the final decision maker.

Lebron appears to be telling the Cavs who he wants (again) and has set himself up so that the Cavs basically have to do it. His 2 year deal may be about the CBA and him no longer being willing to accept anything but a max deal, but the 1 year opt out is about pressuring the Cavs. If folks think Lebron isn't above using that leverage, they haven't been paying attention.

I'm sure Paul Pierce and KG were consulted by Ainge re: moves that he made while they were there. Doesn't mean they were the decision makers though. There's a difference between allowing a star player to have input and handing them the keys to the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for "Hey, it's your team". I don't think it was about that for the Lakers, it was about the Lakers saying they'll listen and that player can have input. They're not going to let any player come in and be the GM like the Cavs are with Lebron.

I took it to mean more like what they do with Kobe. Kobe's wishes are more of a "tiebreaker". Example is the coaching search. Kobe has said he wants Byron. If the FO wants Byron too, he'll be hired. If they think someone else would be better, they'll go with him. If they consider 2 candidates to be equal, then Kobe's wishes would tip the scale.

Revisionist history. Simple review of the Shaq - Kobe era will show that Kobe had as much if not more power than Lebron.......and still does as the highest paid guy. Reality is best served with clear lenses

Scott is expected to be announced as the new HC this coming week...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lin's deal ends after next season. I thought he had 2 years left...so not a bad move by LA.

It was a great move and only done because they had to spend $ and Houston offered a 1st rounder & 2nd rounder.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what up DJ!!!! LOL

looks like your Lakers should probably win at least 40 games next year!!! you pretty pumped?

all kidding aside- at least you guys have some depth on the frontcourt- Davis/Boozer/Randle/Hill is a slightly above average front court...- and will get better as Randle gets better

SF is a really really weak position for the Lakers---- and they wont play any defense on the perimeter- but at least you guys have some offensive talent if Nash is healthy- Lin is a solid offensive player...and of courses Kobe (if he is healthy)....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ-

remember saying that

A. Irving did not want to sign a max in Cleveland:doh:

B. Cleveland was not even going to offer him a max:bullshit:

C. There was no chance LeBron was coming back and LAL was a better option for him:L

----I am a little fuzzy on how all that turned out....can you help me out with that?:yahoo:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, you call it trolling, I call it reminding you of the past. Your implying Lebron has alot of power......are you trolling?

Cmon, move it up a level

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, you call it trolling, I call it reminding you of the past. Your implying Lebron has alot of power......are you trolling?

Cmon, move it up a level

Going to every thread related to one specific team multiple times and saying the same thing over and over despite already having been answered, is the very definition of trolling and trying to inflame a fanbase.

I have not done that, you have been doing that for quite some time. As I said, it's time for you to move on and worry about your own team. Everyone on here knows what your list of "Lakers issues" are and could recite it from memory by now.

There's no need for me to move anything "up a level". There is, however, a need for you to move on to your own team.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do every day. I also post on many teams. The fact that I respond to created threads many times by your own fellow teams posters, out to slam a departing player, coach or the like, where I respond with some evidence, seems to bother you.

I dont call people names, I use evidence from the web, and I call out facts that are marketed by you and others when your trying to spin it, and I stay respectful. I dont try to police others or suggest I am greater than tho.

Like I said, move it to another level. Your a loyal fan, a great participant, but your not the boss of this site. Introduce topics where its not slamming someone else, a fan base, or spinning stupid decisions as "that was the plan all along", and you wont get me to list past data or links that highlight the twist.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are 2 ways to look at the Lakers situation

1. They really did not have much to build off of- and were still able to keep Jordan Hill- a solid big man, add Ed Davis who has talent on a very good K, draft Julius Randle who in a normal draft would never have fallen to 7, and add Lin and a future 1st rounder- WHILE still keeping their cap flexibility intact for next year.....so now they have a team that has a respectable, fairly deep contingent of big men- a back court with the best PG the Lakers have had in a long time in Lin (since Nash and his injuries obviously failed big time)- and Kobe should be healthy after an extended time off

on the other hand

2. The Lakers second best player right now is who? Who is their third best player? Does this team even have a chance to make the playoffs? the answer to those questions are not good if you are a lakers fan.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst thing that could be is repeat of last year and not win 30 games. The best? Maybe we come together and actually be competitive and generate a 45-wins season. Those are the two extremes. The reality will probably be somewhere in between.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for everyone to hold hands and sing....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJMtn6IJeE]The Seekers - Kumbaya - YouTube[/ame]

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ-

remember saying that

C. There was no chance LeBron was coming back and LAL was a better option for him:L

----I am a little fuzzy on how all that turned out....can you help me out with that?:yahoo:

:deadhorse:

Sup, Russ:lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ-

remember saying that

:deadhorse:

Sup, Russ:lol:

DJ, just take your lumps or he's gonna go from thread to thread to hunt your ass down :peep:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do every day. I also post on many teams. The fact that I respond to created threads many times by your own fellow teams posters, out to slam a departing player, coach or the like, where I respond with some evidence, seems to bother you.

I dont call people names, I use evidence from the web, and I call out facts that are marketed by you and others when your trying to spin it, and I stay respectful. I dont try to police others or suggest I am greater than tho.

Like I said, move it to another level. Your a loyal fan, a great participant, but your not the boss of this site. Introduce topics where its not slamming someone else, a fan base, or spinning stupid decisions as "that was the plan all along", and you wont get me to list past data or links that highlight the twist.

This no longer up for discussion. You've been trolling. Period. I've already told you why what you've been doing is trolling. If you don't like it. You can pm me. I'm no longer having this discussion with you on the general board.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are 2 ways to look at the Lakers situation

1. They really did not have much to build off of- and were still able to keep Jordan Hill- a solid big man, add Ed Davis who has talent on a very good K, draft Julius Randle who in a normal draft would never have fallen to 7, and add Lin and a future 1st rounder- WHILE still keeping their cap flexibility intact for next year.....so now they have a team that has a respectable, fairly deep contingent of big men- a back court with the best PG the Lakers have had in a long time in Lin (since Nash and his injuries obviously failed big time)- and Kobe should be healthy after an extended time off

on the other hand

2. The Lakers second best player right now is who? Who is their third best player? Does this team even have a chance to make the playoffs? the answer to those questions are not good if you are a lakers fan.

Both are pretty much spot on. 2nd and 3rd best players are to be determined obviously because there are a lot of new faces and the player who would be the 2nd best player has signed with the Bulls.

Once Lebron and 'Melo made their decisions, the Lakers priority became getting the best, young talent that they can and saving cap space. They got players who are young and can hopefully be developed signed to cap friendly deals.

As retro pointed out, worst case, we end up with a season like last season and maybe end up getting to use that 1st rounder that was sent to Phoenix since it's top 5 protected.

Best case, Kobe is at least close to the Kobe we saw pre-injury, the young guys develop quickly and they possibly sneak into the playoffs.

Like retro says: reality will probably be somewhere in between. I expect that the Lakers will settle in at about .500.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans coming out of nowhere. Wow didnt see that coming.

To be fair, at least a couple of them came over from fn and judging by the way other fn folks have responded, it tells me that that were always Cavs fans.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, at least a couple of them came over from fn and judging by the way other fn folks have responded, it tells me that that were always Cavs fans.

Oh- i have been a Cavs fan a looong time- from BEFORE LeBron the first time....when Wes Person led the league in 3 pointers - and terrel brandon and andre miller where very solid pg's that followed mark price who was leaving right at the very beginning of my cavs fandom