• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuffed is a bit strong of a term I think. I was thinking it was more like they indicated that were willing to sign their guys to no more than 2 year deals and their agents responded that they were looking for longer deals.

My point was, all of us here don't know everything that happens. They could very well have made some initial efforts to field a more competitive team for Kobe's next two seasons with these mid-tier FA types. I'm not going to continue to be irate like some though because they didn't follow my speculative plan of improvement. Who knows exactly all the efforts that were made.

We agree here... My problem is simply this... If we are the "Lakers" that people feared, why are these so called mid-tier guys not interested, and more so how then do we expect the big dogs to come... Something isn't adding up and it pissed me off... But once the season starts I'll shut the hell up buy my hat and pay the damn league pass and hope Kobe becomes the all time leading scorer and goes off for 101 vs the Clippers... Until then I'll going to be pissed...:suds:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree here... My problem is simply this... If we are the "Lakers" that people feared, why are these so called mid-tier guys not interested, and more so how then do we expect the big dogs to come... Something isn't adding up and it pissed me off... But once the season starts I'll shut the hell up buy my hat and pay the damn league pass and hope Kobe becomes the all time leading scorer and goes off for 101 vs the Clippers... Until then I'll going to be pissed...:suds:

Dude, you really talk like you know what is going on behind the scenes.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you really talk like you know what is going on behind the scenes.

Dude, you really talk like you're illiterate... The whole problem I have is I don't see shit going on... It's you and your education that told me there is a plan b... So what is it...? Oh that's right you don't know... :stfu:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you really talk like you're illiterate... The whole problem I have is I don't see shit going on... It's you and your education that told me there is a plan b... So what is it...? Oh that's right you don't know... :stfu:

Thats your problem right there dumbass, you don't see shit going on because you was to slow to think the Lakers were going to be in contention this year. You act like a spoiled brat that has no patience.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats your problem right there dumbass, you don't see shit going on because you was to slow to think the Lakers were going to be in contention this year. You act like a spoiled brat that has no patience.

:laugh3:oh you and your education... LA Unified right...:laugh3:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:oh you and your education... LA Unified right...:laugh3:

Damn, I didn't know I was going to hit you that hard, where you have nothing else to say. My bad!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I didn't know I was going to hit you that hard, where you have nothing else to say. My bad!

Let me educate you on what we expected. All season long, we said it was a long shot for Melo or Lebron to come to LA. Now, we said the Lakers will take a shot at them because thats common sense, but we expected them to not come. The fact that we were that close to get Melo, since FA started, was encouraging and great, but the end result was what we all expected.

I really didn't have anything to say after you said that... :laugh3:

"What we had expected was what we expected but we hoped our expectations were unexpected so hopefully what we expected wouldn't be what we expected but it was what we expected so we got what we expected in the first place...":noidea: - Lakers+USC:L

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded away picks for old men, did not give D12 Phil, hire/fire coach du jours, paid Kobe ridiculous salary, let Gasol go for notta now, and you guys are on WLK because he lists this all out, and then you attack him as if they have a plan?

Really?

That said, the Lin deal remains a good decision.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let Gasol go for notta

Really?

The sign and trade of Gasol was worth more than 1 low valued pick. The Bulls decided not to give up 2 picks, now they have less cap room to work with. Their choice.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line is they've gone after the big fishes. Have we heard the Celtics do same? Not that it was in their plans maybe but who knows what Danny is up to with his stockpile of picks.

Can't accuse the Buss kids here who didn't stand pat as we've seen with D12 and Nash and didn't succeed but tried. If every team had a crystal ball well you know....they put together a plan with this years' FA and came up short which was not a shock as most of us envisioned. Now they've got cap space and will try again next year. You can't put a gun to FA's and force them to sign either.

With both Clarkson and Randle showing early signs of being productive NBA players, bringing back good PER players like Hill and Young, coupled with FA signees Davis and the amnesty with Boozer, we'll see what comes of it. The X factors will be which HC can group a winning formula along with Kobe and Nash health. Lots of if's but I'm satisfied that the Buss clan did what they said they'd do and not sit on the sidelines like some other storied franchise in green.

:agree:STILL think it'll be Byron Scott(Morningside high. lol cheap plug for my HS). we'll see what happens soon enough, i'd imagine...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the issue that some of us are having with you. Everyone and their brother knew that Lebron or 'Melo going ANYWHERE other than the Cavs and Knicks was a longshot. I'm not even convinced that Lebron was THAT torn about returning to Miami. It wasn't about the Lakers, NO ONE had a real shot at landing either of them. Yet, you want to blame the Lakers FO because they didn't get at least one of them, when no one else was going to. When FA started, the Lakers were given something like a 3% chance at getting 'Melo. Before it was over, they were the biggest threat to stealing him from NY. In the end, he chose to stay home and collect the additional $30 million. Can't blame him for that.

As Kobe said, "they gave it their best effort and that's all that I can ask".

It's not that 2nd tier FA's didn't want to come to L.A. It's that they wanted more in terms of money and/or length of contract than the Lakers were willing to pay or players they didn't want, so they moved on. Ask yourself this, How pissed would you be if the Lakers got players that can get them a first or second round playoff exit and then didn't have the cap space to "bag an elephant or two" because of those 2nd tier guys?

Also, the off-season isn't over and the Lakers are starting to get a bit of a logjam at PF. Some are starting to say that Mitch may have a trade in mind. We'll have to see what happens. Worst case, if this team as constructed stays healthy, they are competitive, flirt with a playoff berth and settle in around .500. Not what any of us want, but better than last season. Then they go into the next off-season with lots of money available.

If, as some believe, the bigger FA's from 2015 end up not being available, that's when you go after the 2nd tier guys. Nash's $9 million will be off the books and Kobe will be in the last year of his $48 million deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically wlk holds a grudge against the Lakers' FO because he has to buy a hat... :scratch:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded away picks for old men, did not give D12 Phil, hire/fire coach du jours, paid Kobe ridiculous salary, let Gasol go for notta now, and you guys are on WLK because he lists this all out, and then you attack him as if they have a plan?

Some choose to bemoan the past, others choose to move on with the current situation. I guess that's what happening here. I thought it was a bad move not bringing Phil back. I just don't see the point of continuing to being angry over it. That's in the past now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some choose to bemoan the past, others choose to move on with the current situation. I guess that's what happening here. I thought it was a bad move not bringing Phil back. I just don't see the point of continuing to being angry over it. That's in the past now.

Hell, I was pissed off when they fired Westhead in '81.

And then some guy called Pat Riley filled his shoes...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More moves may be on the way. This morning on the Herd, Rick Fox was interviewed and the host got him to speculate on Kevin Love. Eventually the conversation included the speculation that the Lakers may put together a package deal to offer Minnesota for Love and it would probably include Randle and say Ed Davis and the number 2 we got from Houston that was the Clippers' original pick. Whether this occurs or not is only left to the future but I think DJ on this board smelled something was up with the Lakers stockpiling all of those forwards. May be DJ will be right.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More moves may be on the way. This morning on the Herd, Rick Fox was interviewed and the host got him to speculate on Kevin Love. Eventually the conversation included the speculation that the Lakers may put together a package deal to offer Minnesota for Love and it would probably include Randle and say Ed Davis and the number 2 we got from Houston that was the Clippers' original pick. Whether this occurs or not is only left to the future but I think DJ on this board smelled something was up with the Lakers stockpiling all of those forwards. May be DJ will be right.

That IS an awful lot of PF's. So Mitch may very well have some kind of trade in mind. I doubt what Rick Fox speculated on would be enough to get Love unless Love said he won't extend with anyone but the Lakers. There are just better options, especially if GSW decides to include Klay Thompson in their offer. Flip seems to want to make the playoffs now and that package from the Lakers won't do it.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to lose Randle if any trade involves him. Watched him in summer league and the kid is as talented a big with his size and nimble feet as I've seen. But if it should bag us Love well then hello KLove...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I was pissed off when they fired Westhead in '81.

And then some guy called Pat Riley filled his shoes...
This just goes to show what you know about good coaching.