• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing stupid at all about pairing Rondo with Kobe. That deal (lets says Randle(foot-screw carefully analyzed) and 3 picks) might get it done. Rondo is cheap this year so easily could have signed a max contract to add to Rondo/Kobe. Then following year use rights to max Rondo. Perhaps instead of Pau it would have been Melo who is friends with Rondo.

Thats alot more like a plan with logic than defending the current org as if it has a "plan A" or a plan B. Heck they dont even know who is running the show or coaching right now................

Yet the rhetoric about a master plan continues to be typed. Really?

I like Rondo, but I'm not sure I'd want to give up Randle for him.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys continue to bash Logic and I and continue to talk about a plan... But let's be honest here, which of you believed we had a serious shot at Lebron or Melo...? If any of you did please stfu because you're dumb as hell... In 1 breath you continue to say we were a finalist for Melo, then say nobody really had a shot... NOBODY REALLY HAD A SHOT... That's it... We all knew it so if the Lakers front office didn't then they are dumbfucks... I get that some of you are taking the we are true Lakers fans and we know there is a plan and must stay calm...

Bullshit!!!

So let's see this plan rolled...

1) sign Kobe to 24mil a year... Check

2) let Dantoni walk (let's remember they didn't fire him, they just didn't extend meaning they may have resigned had the team played well under him... He walked away)... Check

3) sign Lebron or Melo, better yet sign both...fail

4) attempt to trade pick or keep... Kept (added Clarkson which is the best move all offseason)

5) try to resign Pau... Fail

6) sign Hill and Young... Check

That's all... If they is more to it, then you need to fill me in because I've been keeping an eye on it since I heard we were looking to win now... Please show me where this is at all a "plan a" if you're trying to win now... Please allow me the privilege of knowing your inside knowledge so I won't be such a moron and will no longer be stupid... I beg of you...:stephena:

Let me educate you on what we expected. All season long, we said it was a long shot for Melo or Lebron to come to LA. Now, we said the Lakers will take a shot at them because thats common sense, but we expected them to not come. The fact that we were that close to get Melo, since FA started, was encouraging and great, but the end result was what we all expected.

You seem to be mad because the Lakers don't fit your agenda of trying to "Win Now" but what do you consider of winning now? Did you really think management was going to have the players to win this season? As far as im concerned, and other Lakers fans, they are doing what we expected them to do. That was to get Kobe healthy, draft a quality high draft pick, resign Swaggy P, sign a couple of free agents, then go after Kevin Love next year and draft more quality free agents in the next two FA classes. I don't see how that plan still can't work?

We also got a draft pick for next year, that we didn't have, with that Lin trade.

Maybe, you don't have patience.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is our first year under the cap. It takes more than one year to be able to "win now" unless you get lucky like the Heat did 4 years ago.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice and playing in an NBA game is very different.

True, however, the 1st step is being able to practice and what kind of explosiveness, strength, speed, etc. he still has and how that's likely to translate into the game.

Considering how long Kobe and the people who are monitoring his progress have been doing this, for them to be saying how good he looks is encouraging.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look wlk3, im mad that we didn't get Ariza or Deng either, but im not going to act like the Lakers didn't try and act like the plan is dead now.

Plus, we still might get Boozer. Lets not act like its the end of the world.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is our first year under the cap. It takes more than one year to be able to "win now" unless you get lucky like the Heat did 4 years ago.

Why is great planning lucky?
Riley was just banking on the Cavs to screw up putting a championship roster around James.
Surprised he was right?

Front office decisions are of the utmost importance when you are dealing with a salary cap.
You need to make moves like in chess, anticipating the future.

The Lakers FO has been horrible since Buss Sr. passed.
Until they operate intelligently things won't change.
Situation now gives them a chance to right the ship in 2 years.
Pretty much all they have to between now and then to not screw it up is nothing.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley was just banking on the Cavs to screw up putting a championship roster around James.
Surprised he was right?

Front office decisions are of the utmost importance when you are dealing with a salary cap.

Pretty much all they have to between now and then to not screw it up is nothing.

I think you theres a fine line between "tanking" for cap space and building a roster to attract free agents.

next year 2015 free agents have to look at a 37 year old kobe. undersized center...we will see if lin will be any better than in Houston...a streaky shooter in nick young. hope im wrong just don't see any free agents leaving to a potentially worse situation.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised he was right?

I wasn't taking the credit away from Riley, he did a great job clearing up space. I said they were lucky for getting 3 of the top players in the league to agree to play with each other, something that necer happens in the nba.

Im not bashing the Heat at all.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you theres a fine line between "tanking" for cap space and building a roster to attract free agents.

next year 2015 free agents have to look at a 37 year old kobe. undersized center...we will see if lin will be any better than in Houston...a streaky shooter in nick young. hope im wrong just don't see any free agents leaving to a potentially worse situation.

1. Heat never tanked, just refused to do anything that would jeopardize their 2010 cap space.
We had decent seasons and ended up the 5 seed leading up to that point.

2. I agree about next year , unless it's Love.
You guys basically IMO just need to suck it up and gather as many assets as you can until the summer of 16.
I'm just not sure how you do that if Kobe stays healthy and is out there killing himself.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Kobe and use aquired picks to draft well or even bid against Cleveland and golden state for Love

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys can forget about trading Kobe. It won't happen. The Lakers and Kobe are loyal to each other for the great 18 years they had together. If you don't like it, then im sorry because the Lakers don't care. They have their success with Kobe to back up their decision. That's just how it is. Plus, its not like he is locked for 4 or 5 years, its only 2 damn years. Get over it and come with different scenarios.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lakers+USC. We actually got two draft picks out of that Lin deal. We got the first rounder that is owned by Houston (wherever they end up is the position we will receive) and we got a second rounder which is the Clippers pick that was sent to Houston in one of Houston-Clippers' transactions. So we got two picks out of that trade for cash and a player that in all likelihood will undoubtedly never make the trip across the pond.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys can forget about trading Kobe. It won't happen. The Lakers and Kobe are loyal to each other for the great 18 years they had together. If you don't like it, then im sorry because the Lakers don't care. They have their success with Kobe to back up their decision. That's just how it is. Plus, its not like he is locked for 4 or 5 years, its only 2 damn years. Get over it and come with different scenarios.

Kobe's going to be the first player to spend 20 years with a franchise, there's 0 chance he gets traded. I think he's desperate for a championship but not desperate enough to want out of Los Angeles. Seeing Kobe in any other uniform just to ring chase would tarnish his legacy. People probably would not consider his 6th championship as 'real' anyway, so I think it's a moot point. It's win 1 more championship with the Lakers before he retires or nothing.

Isn't it a little ridiculous how we keep hearing about the contract, the contract, well the contract is only on the books for another year. 20+ mil coming off the books around the time Kevin Love's supposed to be a free agent. Judging by the way Love is hesitant in naming the Cavs as his most wanted destination, I'd say it would have been pretty plausible for him to hold out for the Lakers if we signed either Melo or LeBron. Carmelo and LeBron had to have known that but they had their own motives, Carmelo wanted to play for Lakers-East for the max instead of the Lakers and LeBron wanted to go back to Cleveland. The contract had absolutely 0 to do with it.

I think there are just a lot of frustrated people. A lot of Lakers fans are spoiled (not saying you WLK) and it comes out when we have bad seasons. Remember when Shaq left? All of a sudden it was a joke to like the Lakers, but the true fans stuck around. This might be a bad season we watch next year, and if it is then it's a necessary pill to swallow. It's better than tying up salary cap on players who might not pan out.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's going to be the first player to spend 20 years with a franchise, there's 0 chance he gets traded. I think he's desperate for a championship but not desperate enough to want out of Los Angeles. Seeing Kobe in any other uniform just to ring chase would tarnish his legacy. People probably would not consider his 6th championship as 'real' anyway, so I think it's a moot point. It's win 1 more championship with the Lakers before he retires or nothing.

Isn't it a little ridiculous how we keep hearing about the contract, the contract, well the contract is only on the books for another year. 20+ mil coming off the books around the time Kevin Love's supposed to be a free agent. Judging by the way Love is hesitant in naming the Cavs as his most wanted destination, I'd say it would have been pretty plausible for him to hold out for the Lakers if we signed either Melo or LeBron. Carmelo and LeBron had to have known that but they had their own motives, Carmelo wanted to play for Lakers-East for the max instead of the Lakers and LeBron wanted to go back to Cleveland. The contract had absolutely 0 to do with it.

I think there are just a lot of frustrated people. A lot of Lakers fans are spoiled (not saying you WLK) and it comes out when we have bad seasons. Remember when Shaq left? All of a sudden it was a joke to like the Lakers, but the true fans stuck around. This might be a bad season we watch next year, and if it is then it's a necessary pill to swallow. It's better than tying up salary cap on players who might not pan out.

I appreciate that... I'm far from spoiled... I rock the purple and gold when Sean Rooks Sedale Threat and Elden Campbell were running up and down the court, when Smush Parker and Chris Mihm were starters... This is me last month...

image.jpg

Rockin it... For some on here to say I should jump to the Clipps is bullshit... 25 years Shaqdaddy are you even 25 years old yet... I'm voicing my disappointment after being lied to, and I'll get to my real point in a little bit... Gotta run...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me educate you on what we expected. All season long, we said it was a long shot for Melo or Lebron to come to LA. Now, we said the Lakers will take a shot at them because thats common sense, but we expected them to not come. The fact that we were that close to get Melo, since FA started, was encouraging and great, but the end result was what we all expected.

You seem to be mad because the Lakers don't fit your agenda of trying to "Win Now" but what do you consider of winning now? Did you really think management was going to have the players to win this season? As far as im concerned, and other Lakers fans, they are doing what we expected them to do. That was to get Kobe healthy, draft a quality high draft pick, resign Swaggy P, sign a couple of free agents, then go after Kevin Love next year and draft more quality free agents in the next two FA classes. I don't see how that plan still can't work?

We also got a draft pick for next year, that we didn't have, with that Lin trade.

Maybe, you don't have patience.

HOLY SHIT!!! That was mind blowing!!! You know it can be argued when one truly grasps words, not just copy and understand signals... Let's just say that age is 4... So for 30 plus years I have been under the impression that "right now" meant as soon as possible or in the present... But you're saying that all those years when people said right now they really meant later... WHOA... That is...:clap: thank you for that educational transformational piece of knowledge... I will put it to use the next time my wife says she needs something right now...:nod:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now here is what has pissed me off... Last year was the whole 1 year deals so we could get Lebron and Melo... We all knew better but hey, it's Lebron and Melo you gotta at least try... So I got it, then as the season got worse try to tank, maybe we get a top 5 pick... Everything is going as planned when out of nowhere Kobe signs a stupid ass deal... Now I love me some Kobe, I believe if anybody can Kobe can but 48mil...? Everybody knows that was too much except he deserves it so Lakers fans swallow it especially when they come out saying we plan to win now... At that point I'm happy as hell because it looks like Kobe is going to get at least 1 ring... Buss claims he's going to ease back, Kobe says he saw the plan and he approves, Phil's name gets mentioned a lot, Dantoni walks away, everything looks great... And then nothing... And like Trojan loves to say, Lakers keep things on the low so I'm not worried...

Draft gets close nothing... Draft comes, pick Randall... Free agency comes, not only do we get nobody, we lose 4 guys... Then we get Lin and a pick or 2 now, everybody is like "hell yeah"... What the hell am I missing...?

That is not a plan to win now... We don't even have a coach... Fact is the only way to win now, has passed... It left the building when we drafted Randall... Now he looks pretty good, I doubt he becomes an all-star but he looks just outside of that... I put him somewhere between Boozer and Bass... If you would rather keep him than have Rondo, I'd say you were hating... You may not like Rondo but he gives us a chance at guarding Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry, Doran Dragic shall I go on... He's 28 years old Lebron is 29 but he's old...?

This is not even about Rondo... It's about what was really said behind closed doors... I don't know what was said but as we can all see this team isn't going to win for at least 2 years... That was what we thought last year nothing has changed... Ironic how Kobe's deal ends in 2 years... As stated he will be 20 years a Laker... With a shitty team who do you think will get shots...? The man who is looking to become the #1 scorer of all-time...? Of course they won't trade him, he retires a Laker and the number 1 scorer in NBA history, that's money for the Lakers... Sounds like what happened in that meeting was... They told Kobe "we'll try to get Lebron and Melo this year, if we can't then we'll just ride it out until you retire... You get 20 years here, the scoring record, and you can even try to hit 100 with the bullshit we put out there with you..." Kobe, "where do I sign"...? And that sucks ass...

As Logic stated Kobe isn't bigger than the Lakers... The only true way to rebuild this team is to trade him, but we all know they won't, and we all know why... So please stop with the, you need patience bullshit... I'm pissed because this organization has been handle terribly since Dr Buss got sick... So I apologize for not falling in line, but I don't like being played... And eventhough it's only a hat and league pass, I spend my money on the team... I would appreciate for those who work there to do some work or gtfo...:noidea:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember before kobe signed that extension that it was widely speculated his next contract would be substantially less. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but in his last year before extension wasn't he making like 27 or 30 mil?

Personally I was expecting something like what gasol made 17 mil per year. Was jaw dropped when found 2 years 48 mil. He's getting paid like he's still best player on planet that's not case anymore.

Looking what dirk did to help dallas that's admirable. He makes just over 8 million a year with new deal. You would have thought after so many years of not having money to sign impact players due to cap restrictions, getting bounced by dallas, lost in 2nd round to spurs that it would say need more talent on roster.

How many times has a above average player became available but lakers have no play because kobe's contract? Montae Ellis, Jamal Crawford trevor ariza this year just some of the names

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way for one to say Kobe is desperate for a ring. Trojan fight nailed a perfect example in how Dirk handled it, all to get more cap space so they in Dallas can do more. When a team places marketing priorities about fan priorities it is brutally transparent. Kobe's final years of tenure will not move the bar forward. So he plays 20 years for the Lakers......big deal. He then uses the gate revenues to build his only company, big deal. His legacy may turn out to be one of greed.

Trade him, and give the loyal Lakers fans (who are not brainwashed) hope.