• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Kobe is significantly better than Pierce. It's a bad comparison. Pierce isn't getting more than $5mil anywhere.

I love when Celtics fans put Pierce in the same realm as Kobe.

th

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your points are valid as well... I agree the Lakers are going to be fine, but we were promised a plan, and I don't see one... Lin and a 20 pick next year was not a plan it's what happened when the Rockets went after Bosh:... For there to be no coach and summer league is almost over is just plain ridiculous... Patience, I have patience but WE were lied to... And either Kobe was too or he was in on it... Regardless which is the truth, Kobe is no longer a part of the plan...

We need to make a move to take Shumpert for Kobe... Take Amare for our troubles and see if we can throw in that pick and Nash for shits and giggles... Anything less than Shumpert Lakers need to look to Cleveland and see what Kobe gets us... Then GS, Portland, Chi then Houston in that order... Then keep him if no bites... Nothing worse then trade a player like Kobe to Utah just to get assets... He has to go and we must get something for him, since we are tanking...:noidea:

I agree they'll be fine. However, the Lakers did have a plan for this season, it just didn't work out. That happens sometimes. Pretty much everyone, including the Lakers, knew plan A was a long shot for this season.

As Kobe said, the FO gave it their best effort and that's all that can be asked. Plan B is becoming more clear. They are looking to gain some assets and get players who will not effect future cap space, but could be solid pieces brought back on the cheap.

Trading Kobe for Shumpert would be a terrible move. First of all, if he's only 85%, Kobe is better than Shumpert. 2nd, considering the injuries that he's coming off of, why would anyone want to give up anything of value for him?

If the Lakers were to even think about a trade for Kobe, it would be at some point during the season to a team that needed him for a playoff push. Even at that, they're not likely to get much for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does a "farewell tour" and the Lakers give him one of these:

ScooterVSpowerChair-Ad-Tile.jpg

:lol:

Funny.
A couple years back, Miller said he wanted to come out in one of those for pregame intros .:lol:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine them reaching out to Truth, trading to get Rondo and keeping Pau...

Rondo
Kobe
Pierce
Pau
Hill...

They could win now... Maybe a ring, maybe not, but that's what trying to win now looks like... Not Lin, Kobe, Randall and next years late 20 pick...:noidea:

I like how you just assume these players would all go to the Lakers. I dont like to bash other Lakers fans but damn how much stupidity do you still have in you? :L

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing stupid at all about pairing Rondo with Kobe. That deal (lets says Randle(foot-screw carefully analyzed) and 3 picks) might get it done. Rondo is cheap this year so easily could have signed a max contract to add to Rondo/Kobe. Then following year use rights to max Rondo. Perhaps instead of Pau it would have been Melo who is friends with Rondo.

Thats alot more like a plan with logic than defending the current org as if it has a "plan A" or a plan B. Heck they dont even know who is running the show or coaching right now................

Yet the rhetoric about a master plan continues to be typed. Really?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it! The Lakers are not allowed time to let their plan work out. They are supposed to press a button and everything will be ok. :noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you knew that Lakers+USC. Doesn't every Lakers fan believe that? (I am being sarcastic and facetious).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Kobe is significantly better than Pierce. It's a bad comparison. Pierce isn't getting more than $5mil anywhere.
Don't expect to see a healthy Kobe.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it! The Lakers are not allowed time to let their plan work out. They are supposed to press a button and everything will be ok. :noidea:
They'll be decent again in about three years.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All indications point to him being healthy. He's been looking good at the training facility according to Mitch and others.
Practice and playing in an NBA game is very different.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you knew that Lakers+USC. Doesn't every Lakers fan believe that? (I am being sarcastic and facetious).

The funny thing is, you are right. I don't know if you live out here in LA, but people were freaking out that we didn't get Melo. I have to remind them, that Melo was always a long shot. We got lucky that we became the #1 threat to the Knicks. People also think that Lin is the Lakers big plan this off-season.

I realized, I can only have convos with the fans, that understands the business of the Lakers and free agency because are to dumb to understand.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think kobe will be healthy. he will be productive...at a minimum he will average atleast 24 a game...I don't think he will be very explosive...probably all his shots will come on post ups... recall him saying that 1-1 in the post nobody can guard him...that will be true still.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, you are right. I don't know if you live out here in LA, but people were freaking out that we didn't get Melo. I have to remind them, that Melo was always a long shot. We got lucky that we became the #1 threat to the Knicks. People also think that Lin is the Lakers big plan this off-season.

I realized, I can only have convos with the fans, that understands the business of the Lakers and free agency because are to dumb to understand.

Yea Lakers+USC. There is a contingency of Lakers fans that are clueless. You are not one of them. I don't live in the LA area but I know what type you are speaking of when you mentioned that in the quoted post. Some days it just better to walk away then waste energy trying to explain. I am sure you understand.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the main plan doesn't work out Wlk. That's the case here.

I like how you just assume these players would all go to the Lakers. I dont like to bash other Lakers fans but damn how much stupidity do you still have in you? :L

Nothing stupid at all about pairing Rondo with Kobe. That deal (lets says Randle(foot-screw carefully analyzed) and 3 picks) might get it done. Rondo is cheap this year so easily could have signed a max contract to add to Rondo/Kobe. Then following year use rights to max Rondo. Perhaps instead of Pau it would have been Melo who is friends with Rondo.

Thats alot more like a plan with logic than defending the current org as if it has a "plan A" or a plan B. Heck they dont even know who is running the show or coaching right now................

Yet the rhetoric about a master plan continues to be typed. Really?

You guys continue to bash Logic and I and continue to talk about a plan... But let's be honest here, which of you believed we had a serious shot at Lebron or Melo...? If any of you did please stfu because you're dumb as hell... In 1 breath you continue to say we were a finalist for Melo, then say nobody really had a shot... NOBODY REALLY HAD A SHOT... That's it... We all knew it so if the Lakers front office didn't then they are dumbfucks... I get that some of you are taking the we are true Lakers fans and we know there is a plan and must stay calm...

Bullshit!!!

So let's see this plan rolled...

1) sign Kobe to 24mil a year... Check

2) let Dantoni walk (let's remember they didn't fire him, they just didn't extend meaning they may have resigned had the team played well under him... He walked away)... Check

3) sign Lebron or Melo, better yet sign both...fail

4) attempt to trade pick or keep... Kept (added Clarkson which is the best move all offseason)

5) try to resign Pau... Fail

6) sign Hill and Young... Check

That's all... If they is more to it, then you need to fill me in because I've been keeping an eye on it since I heard we were looking to win now... Please show me where this is at all a "plan a" if you're trying to win now... Please allow me the privilege of knowing your inside knowledge so I won't be such a moron and will no longer be stupid... I beg of you...:stephena:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stupidity...? I was asked what a plan to win now was... I rolled one out... It was rumored the Kings were going to trade the #8 pick to Boston for Rondo, well maybe if we offered the #7 pick we are in the discussion... No...? Asik was traded for a meatball sub to the Hornets, we get Lin for the same shit... Perhaps if we peruse him he is a Laker instead of Lin... Ariza signed for 8mil a year Deng for 10mil could we afford them :noidea:... Maybe if we were trying to win now we make a deal to get Asik and Garcia... I'm not basing my whole plan on I hope he signs if I'm looking to win now and I'm the LAKERS... I'm making moves, I'm letting the bullshit walk (Melo and Lebron) and pursuing what I can control... If that's stupid you're probably happy with Jim Buss, so please ignore...