• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher wants Joe Barksdale back!

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what's the hold up? I know, $. That would be huge if we could add him before the draft, then we can land White, Cooper, or Parker at number 10 depending how the senerio goes. Our OL can be improved in later rounds or during camp cut casulties.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy... Snisher is low balling Barksdale, while no one else wants him. And our FO is going to seeing if they can replace him through the draft.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Barksdale is servicable but starting over is not always bad. Jones, Robinson and fill in the blanks. Let them grow together. I still want Snead and Fisher to go Oline heavy. If White (won't) or Cooper (won't) are gone, don't reach for Parker, get the OG if he is there and work more Oline in the coming rounds. Lets see what our WRs can do with a QB, because we aint seen one in 2 years.:nod:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Barksdale is servicable but starting over is not always bad. Jones, Robinson and fill in the blanks. Let them grow together. I still want Snead and Fisher to go Oline heavy. If White (won't) or Cooper (won't) are gone, don't reach for Parker, get the OG if he is there and work more Oline in the coming rounds. Lets see what our WRs can do with a QB, because we aint seen one in 2 years.:nod:

IMO Parker is better value at #10 than any of the oline prospects. The reach would be drafting a G or RT at #10.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Parker is better value at #10 than any of the oline prospects. The reach would be drafting a G or RT at #10.

I agree Parker was once the #1 WR

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what's the hold up? I know, $. That would be huge if we could add him before the draft, then we can land White, Cooper, or Parker at number 10 depending how the senerio goes. Our OL can be improved in later rounds or during camp cut casulties.

It would make the draft much eaiser. Imigine Barksdale then trading back to get Erving to play center and then a guard later.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy couldn't find a receiver because A: he wasn't mobile enough and B: because the line wasn't good enough. Now most draft experts say that the are 16 to 18 quality players in this draft and then a drop off. I know Parker is one of those but trading him or the spot will give the Rams the lineman needed to keep Foles from being like Bradford, hurt and unproductive. The Rams already don't have enough picks in this draft to fix it all. With out a line we again will spin our wheels and next year, same time, same station, we will be discussing how to get better. Fix the line please, QBs depend on the line, WRs depend on the QB having time, the RBs depend on the line moving big bodies, how is drafting a WR again help that.:noidea:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys this was going to drag out. Like I said in another thread about this, he's waiting for a team like the Rams to not fill all their needs in the draft. He thinks will drive his value up. He may make a few thousand dollars extra, but not as much as he probably has in mind. I'm guessing he'll be signed within a week of the draft's conclusion.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEB, did you read the opening post in the Master Draft Thread? This is what I am talking about starting collateral threads. This topic should have been in the Master draft thread or in the Draft talk thread. Its too late now because of all of the responses. Think next time before you post!

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retro, my apologies, I wasn't sure if this should have went on the Master Draft Thread when in all actually, I was talking about a free agent initially. I will put any further post under that thread that mentions any talk of a player entering the NFL!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Parker was once the #1 WR

Was once the #1 at Louisiville??

This is kind of why i don't want Parker, the #3 WR at #10 overall.. 2015 NFL Draft Tracker NFL.com

After the first 2, it drops off and there are a few WRs I'd look at later if they fell to me. No reason to reach and Parker has gotten a lot of hype since the combine. He wasn't crazy good in the college game like White or Cooper either. I think Sammie Coates, Jaylen Strong, DGB are all as good as Parker.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was once the #1 at Louisiville??

This is kind of why i don't want Parker, the #3 WR at #10 overall.. 2015 NFL Draft Tracker NFL.com

After the first 2, it drops off and there are a few WRs I'd look at later if they fell to me. No reason to reach and Parker has gotten a lot of hype since the combine. He wasn't crazy good in the college game like White or Cooper either. I think Sammie Coates, Jaylen Strong, DGB are all as good as Parker.

Wasn't crazy good in college? Here's his game log from last season:

NC State 10/18: 9-132
Florida State 10/30: 8-214
Boston College 11/8: 8-144-1
Notre Dame 11/22: 4-65-1
Kentucky 11/29: 6-180-3
Georgia (Bowl): 8-120

That's an average of 7-142-1. Extend that over the 7 games he missed due to a broken bone in his foot (over mostly inferior teams, so that might be underestimating) and you get a season total of 93-1852-11. That's right up there with Cooper's 124-1727-16 and White's 109-1447-10. Coates was barely used (34-741-4), while DGB knows only 3 routes and hasn't played in a year. Strong had solid stats (82-1165-10) but the perception is that he can't get separation at the pro level. I'm not buying into the Breshad Perriman hype just yet either.

I'm not looking for a deep threat or slot guy in this draft for the Rams. If they pick a guy, I want an elite prospect that can be that go-to #1 WR. Cooper would be ideal, but I don't see a lot of separation between White and Parker after him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the games. He had a great game against FSU. Looking at the stats, yeah he looks awesome.

But when you watch all 3 play live, Parker is not Cooper or White. He ran a 4.45 40 and didn't have an unreal combine either.

I love the stat guys. Does anyone watch the actual games anymore or do you just look at the box score and say, "Yeah this guy is great!"

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we are going off of stats, let's draft this guy:

Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State Wildcats, NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com

or

Rashard Higgins, WR, Colorado State Rams, NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com

Also need to look at the defenses they went up against. The only decent defense Parker faced was Notre Dame and FSU. And FSU was asleep for 2.5 quarters of that Louisville game.

You are also comparing Cooper's stats to Parker's and BAMA runs the hell out of the ball and faces better defenses every week.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the games. He had a great game against FSU. Looking at the stats, yeah he looks awesome.

But when you watch all 3 play live, Parker is not Cooper or White. He ran a 4.45 40 and didn't have an unreal combine either.

I love the stat guys. Does anyone watch the actual games anymore or do you just look at the box score and say, "Yeah this guy is great!"

I could say similar things about placing too much emphasis on track and field day. 4.45 is plenty fast enough. I didn't say Parker should be drafted before White (and definitely not before Cooper), just that he's a close third. I have watched him play, and actually wanted him in last year's draft, but he decided to stay at Louisville.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we are going off of stats, let's draft this guy:

Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State Wildcats, NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com

or

Rashard Higgins, WR, Colorado State Rams, NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com

Also need to look at the defenses they went up against. The only decent defense Parker faced was Notre Dame and FSU. And FSU was asleep for 2.5 quarters of that Louisville game.

You are also comparing Cooper's stats to Parker's and BAMA runs the hell out of the ball and faces better defenses every week.

BAMA typically runs the hell out of the ball. However, with Kiffin at OC, clearly the vast majority of the passing game was directed at Cooper. He had more than 3 times the receptions of anyone else on the roster. As far as strength of opposing defenses goes, you also have to factor in that Alabama gets a hell of a lot more talent on their roster each year to support Cooper than Louisville does.

I'm a big fan of Lockett btw, but he doesn't fit what I feel the Rams need in another receiver. He's a #2 or slot type, which seems to be what the Rams have for the most part. Higgins isn't in the draft, but I'm sure he'll be in the conversation next year as a potential day 2 pick. He's 6'2, but rail thin.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could say similar things about placing too much emphasis on track and field day. 4.45 is plenty fast enough. I didn't say Parker should be drafted before White (and definitely not before Cooper), just that he's a close third. I have watched him play, and actually wanted him in last year's draft, but he decided to stay at Louisville.

The point is there many guys that ran very close to Parker so why reach if there are others? None of these WRs are guarantees.

But there is no reason to reach for the #3 WR, when we have 4 WRs that are capable on the team now.

So you draft Parker and he doesn't start... What then? Quick was doing better and Britt is still fairly young. Stedman showed us some things.. Then there is our #4 WR Tavon Austin aka top 10 draft pick. :lol:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAMA typically runs the hell out of the ball. However, with Kiffin at OC, clearly the vast majority of the passing game was directed at Cooper. He had more than 3 times the receptions of anyone else on the roster. As far as strength of opposing defenses goes, you also have to factor in that Alabama gets a hell of a lot more talent on their roster each year to support Cooper than Louisville does.

I'm a big fan of Lockett btw, but he doesn't fit what I feel the Rams need in another receiver. He's a #2 or slot type, which seems to be what the Rams have for the most part. Higgins isn't in the draft, but I'm sure he'll be in the conversation next year as a potential day 2 pick. He's 6'2, but rail thin.

I would bet both Cooper and Parker both got the most targets on their on their team by far. Kiffin may have increased their passing, but they were still a run first team. All you have to do is watch the games. BAMA goes 3 deep at RB at minimum.

And since BAMA has more talent than Louisville on their roster, all the more reason why Parker would have better per game stats and more targets as well.

You can't convince me the Rams need another WR. Period. Especially the #3 WR in the draft - maybe.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is there many guys that ran very close to Parker so why reach if there are others? None of these WRs are guarantees.

But there is no reason to reach for the #3 WR, when we have 4 WRs that are capable on the team now.

So you draft Parker and he doesn't start... What then? Quick was doing better and Britt is still fairly young. Stedman showed us some things.. Then there is our #4 WR Tavon Austin aka top 10 draft pick. :lol:

Until you have a #1 that draws a double team, you don't have a #1. Nobody on the Rams draws a double team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet both Cooper and Parker both got the most targets on their on their team by far. Kiffin may have increased their passing, but they were still a run first team. All you have to do is watch the games. BAMA goes 3 deep at RB at minimum.

And since BAMA has more talent than Louisville on their roster, all the more reason why Parker would have better per game stats and more targets as well.

You can't convince me the Rams need another WR. Period. Especially the #3 WR in the draft - maybe.

How can you go from being big on drafting Watkins last year to now being content with the WR corps?

Bama being more talented means more time for the QB to throw, better running game to keep the defense honest, etc.

As far as Louisville targets go, it's a bit skewed because Parker missed the first 7 games. However, the Cardinals had 5 players with 26 or more receptions (out of 237 total), while the Tide had only 2 (out of 290). The focus on getting Cooper the ball was unreal; he was the overwhelming focus of the offense.