• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher wants Joe Barksdale back!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you go from being big on drafting Watkins last year to now being content with the WR corps?

Bama being more talented means more time for the QB to throw, better running game to keep the defense honest, etc.

As far as Louisville targets go, it's a bit skewed because Parker missed the first 7 games. However, the Cardinals had 5 players with 26 or more receptions (out of 237 total), while the Tide had only 2 (out of 290). The focus on getting Cooper the ball was unreal; he was the overwhelming focus of the offense.

The bold above is straight stank BS. If you want to look at anything, look at the defenses they played against. More talent on an offense = more moving the ball around, not to just rely on one person. Louisville had Dyer at RB, a decent QB as well and played against ACC defenses.

As far as the Rams WRs.. Easy. It was Britt's 1st year and he proved himself not to have drama and Quick and Stedman looked a lot BETTER. And then there's the other top 10 overall pick. We went in to last year with WAY more questions marks at WR than this year.

Plus we had the 2nd pick, not the 10th pick. Plus this group has no Sammy Watkins.

Which makes me think even more that this group of WRs is getting too much hype.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you have a #1 that draws a double team, you don't have a #1. Nobody on the Rams draws a double team.

And you think the #3 or #4 rated WR in this draft is going to be a #1 in the NFL?

Remember Tavon?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think the #3 or #4 rated WR in this draft is going to be a #1 in the NFL?

Remember Tavon?

A #1 option on the team, not in the league. A true go-to receiver that draws a double-team.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A #1 option on the team, not in the league. A true go-to receiver that draws a double-team.

No i get what you're saying.. Do you think he's better than Britt, Quick, and Stedman?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold above is straight stank BS. If you want to look at anything, look at the defenses they played against. More talent on an offense = more moving the ball around, not to just rely on one person. Louisville had Dyer at RB, a decent QB as well and played against ACC defenses.

As far as the Rams WRs.. Easy. It was Britt's 1st year and he proved himself not to have drama and Quick and Stedman looked a lot BETTER. And then there's the other top 10 overall pick. We went in to last year with WAY more questions marks at WR than this year.

Plus we had the 2nd pick, not the 10th pick. Plus this group has no Sammy Watkins.

Which makes me think even more that this group of WRs is getting too much hype.

Britt should never be a reason not to draft a top WR. He's no more than a #2 at best. Quick had a serious injury and it remains to be seen when he's back. I like Bailey, and he should be a solid #2 or #4, with Tavon in the slot. If Quick was healthy and had continued his breakout season, WR would be a depth acquistion at best.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No i get what you're saying.. Do you think he's better than Britt, Quick, and Stedman?

Stedman is a secondary receiver IMO. Britt is a decent option, but will never put up #1 production. Quick could be, but just as soon as he started to show some life, he was seriously injured.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt should never be a reason not to draft a top WR. He's no more than a #2 at best. Quick had a serious injury and it remains to be seen when he's back. I like Bailey, and he should be a solid #2 or #4, with Tavon in the slot. If Quick was healthy and had continued his breakout season, WR would be a depth acquistion at best.

At the same point, Britt is still young and can do some damage with the right QB. Quick was improving drastically until he got hurt, but should be back - we'll see. Stedman can be a #2 and the kid is really good. Tavon would be one of the best slot guy in the NFL. No doubt if you take a stud WR, this group would be loaded. But the #3 or #4 WR in this draft would not come in and beat those guys. Maybe Tavon cuz he's not strong and can't block, but NOT the other guys.

In this offense, our starting WRs must be able to block.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retro, my apologies, I wasn't sure if this should have went on the Master Draft Thread when in all actually, I was talking about a free agent initially. I will put any further post under that thread that mentions any talk of a player entering the NFL!

No worries TEB. You can use this thread as a collateral place to discuss FAs and how the draft is affecting Barksdale especially on day two.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting WRs aren't great. But if we can put the line together and run the ball with Todd they won't be able to blow it to bad.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere the offer was around $3-4 mill/year which was rejected. He may be lucky to get $1.5 at this point in time.