• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarius Byrd

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Aikman and Irvin on last year's team without dez, and I'm willing to bet we win the division and go to the playoffs. We can play that game all night long.

That ain't saying much they have been a game away the last 3 years, hell rade Switzer out with lil red & they make the playoffs

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ain't saying much they have been a game away the last 3 years, hell rade Switzer out with lil red & they make the playoffs

Agree....

Sadly for as many that hate Switzer. he's a better coach than Garrett

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really, you think Switzer would make a difference. :lol::laugh3::gaah:Hiring Switzer and winning Super Bowl XXX was the worst thing that happened to the Cowboys after Jimmy left. Boy did jerry's ego and head swell after that decision.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, you think Switzer would make a difference. :lol::laugh3::gaah:Hiring Switzer and winning Super Bowl XXX was the worst thing that happened to the Cowboys after Jimmy left. Boy did jerry's ego and head swell after that decision.

Switzer would be smart enough to run the damn ball and manage the game

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzer .... was the coach that got Emmitt his best year .... so fuck yeah he woulda run the ball and the clock ....

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzer would be smart enough to run the damn ball and manage the game
Never said Switzer was a better or worse coach than Garrett. It was just a bad thing for the future of the team with the fall out Jerry and Jimmy had.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants to trade down in this draft; I for one hate that idea don't trust Jerry enough to do the right thing......That's one extra pick to get an extra TE or convert another qb into being a wr. This draft on paper appears to be loaded with good defensive players, especially on the DL. Sense this draft is loaded then lets go get the best player we can at 16. I know in theory many would rather have the chance at getting 2 solid players who could start rather than one pro-bowl Caliber player which to me is what a 1st round guy should be. I just don't trust Jerry.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzer .... was the coach that got Emmitt his best year .... so fuck yeah he woulda run the ball and the clock ....

He also gave the green light for Jerry to sign Murray.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the OP even thinking this? All the people that you cut to free up cap space, you will need to replace, that will take up some of that cap space, not to mention your rookies. I am not sure it is even possible for the Cowboys to be able to free up enough space to sign Byrd (Cowboys are 17 million over), let alone free up enough to do that and replace/sign rookies.

Net outlined ways the Cowboys could get $20 million under the cap BEFORE the cap got boosted to $133 million. Now it's being projected to go up another $15-20 million over the next two years, so yes, things have changed in regards to the possibility of signing one impact guy IMO. The problem teams run into in FA isn't spending the money, it's missing on the guys they spend it on. Players over 30 or coming off an injury should never be signed long term IMO. That takes Melton, Spencer, Tuck, and several others out of the mix. Byrd would not be a miss. He is a top 5 S in the NFL, and he is young. He would upgrade a spot that we spend draft picks on every freaking year into a team strength. We spent a low round on Matt Johnson, then a 3rd on Wilcox, and now we're probably going to spend a 1st on Dix or Pryor. But once we do that, there are still solid 2nd round tackles that are solid, but the top 6-7 DT's will be gone by the time we get there. If we signed Byrd, S would be fixed, we'd have our choice of DT's in the 1st round, and could go best player available, be it DT, DE, WR, or whatever in the 2nd. I like it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly a "Garrett lover", but he is a WAAAAYYYYYYY better coach fior this team than Switzer.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly a "Garrett lover", but he is a WAAAAYYYYYYY better coach fior this team than Switzer.

I disagree

But Im a Jeff Fisher to Dallas supporter

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Im a Jeff Fisher to Dallas supporter

Me too. Wanted him bad last time when his stock was low at Tenn and had to argue with most here that it would have been a good move for us. The other guy I wanted was John Fox...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not seeing any established pro head coach wanting the Dallas gig while jerry breaths.

Didn't happen with Parcells cause HE WANTED THE JOB after three consecutive 5-11's. Even Bill respected the heritage of the Cowboy NFL brand, but jerry couldn't stay in the back seat and the professional NFL head coaches in this league took notice. Jerry's best shot remains a college coach wanting to build a name

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Wanted him bad last time when his stock was low at Tenn and had to argue with most here that it would have been a good move for us. The other guy I wanted was John Fox...

I think him and Garrett are both on the hotseat this year ..... so it may happen ....

Im in heaven if it does

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not seeing any established pro head coach wanting the Dallas gig while jerry breaths.

Didn't happen with Parcells cause HE WANTED THE JOB after three consecutive 5-11's. Even Bill respected the heritage of the Cowboy NFL brand, but jerry couldn't stay in the back seat and the professional NFL head coaches in this league took notice. Jerry's best shot remains a college coach wanting to build a name

you can google it bruh ..... Jerry respects Fisher more than any coach in the league ..... wanted him before he made Garrett the HC .... Titians waited til after Jerry made his move to release Fisher just cause ... ( they wanted draft picks) Just to be a dick organization

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can google it bruh ..... Jerry respects Fisher more than any coach in the league ..... wanted him before he made Garrett the HC .... Titians waited til after Jerry made his move to release Fisher just cause ... ( they wanted draft picks) Just to be a dick organization

I understand your post and I still don't think an established pro head coach would work for jerry

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your post and I still don't think an established pro head coach would work for jerry

we will disagree on that .... I think it takes that one coach .... that he respects

Thats Fisher ..... Thats the man Jerry will take aback seat to

and you know he doesnt run a camp cup cake

oh it wont look pretty .... man plays defense and runs the ball ...... best thing for Dallas .... IMO YES

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to talk about all that is Jerry ..... you bite him in the ass with himself

Fisher is his favorite coach in the league ....

I think he would step back for him ...

question will be "for how long"