• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarius Byrd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see how the Melton situation plays out in Chicago.

Donald fits their defense as well. But they also have a major need at safety .... I think they are the team that determines who we draft at 16 or if the Rams get in on safety as well ... my force us to trade down

I think Lions take Evans, we sign Melton here in Dallas, and Bears draft Donald. That's what I honestly think happens. I hope we trad down if so.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lions take Evans, we sign Melton here in Dallas, and Bears draft Donald. That's what I honestly think happens. I hope we trad down if so.

Wow I don't We cant afford him. Oh we could find a way ... but out priority should be resigning Smith not going after a FA that was hurt last year.

Not with the depth on D-line in this draft

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I don't We cant afford him. Oh we could find a way ... but out priority should be resigning Smith not going after a FA that was hurt last year.

Not with the depth on D-line in this draft

The differing opinion is I don't think he will cost much. Btw I doubt we focus on Smith, I think we pick up the 5th year option on him, meaning he won't be a FA until 2016. Dez is the guy 2015.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The differing opinion is I don't think he will cost much. Btw I doubt we focus on Smith, I think we pick up the 5th year option on him, meaning he won't be a FA until 2016. Dez is the guy 2015.

Smith should be the priority. Don't even seee how that can be questioned. He's a top 4 LT in the league now and he's the youngest of all the top LTs.

Dez has yet to impress. In fact he took a small step back this year.

Smith first Dez second. and it still depends on what Dez thinks he is worth. His mouth says he thinks he is as good as Johnson.

IMO he's worth 5-6 million a year.... and gonna ask for around 15 Which is exactly why I would trade him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% agreeing with Twist3d on this... Dallas cant sign a big name free agent with T. Smith, Dez and D. Murray all UFA in about 10 months. If a 32 year old LT Jason Peters can get 50 mill, imagine what a star 23 year old LT is going to get. There is no chance in hell that Dez will accept 5-6 mill a year. I bet he wants closer to 20 mill per then 15 mill per year. Are you willing to clear up space for Melton to have T. Smith walk? I sure hope not.

Twist3d, think about it, you think Dez will do 5 year 75 million when Fitz and Megatron both got well over 100 million.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% agreeing with Twist3d on this... Dallas cant sign a big name free agent with T. Smith, Dez and D. Murray all UFA in about 10 months. If a 32 year old LT Jason Peters can get 50 mill, imagine what a star 23 year old LT is going to get. There is no chance in hell that Dez will accept 5-6 mill a year. I bet he wants closer to 20 mill per then 15 mill per year. Are you willing to clear up space for Melton to have T. Smith walk? I sure hope not.

Twist3d, think about it, you think Dez will do 5 year 75 million when Fitz and Megatron both got well over 100 million.

No I don't think he will

And I'm not in love with Dez like ALOT of Cowboys fans are. I'm tired of the babysitter squad we put around... I'm tired of the sideline shit

I'm tired of Drama in Dallas period .... If you are going to Superbowls ... You find a way to deal with
If you are 8-8 with cap issues ....... You dont ..... That's my opinion.

He wants Johnson and Fitz money ..... I don't think he is worth what Mike Wallace got ( who is over paid as well)

I lock Smith up ( the guy doesn't miss games) and we have a strong YOUNG O-line for years to come.

and I think Smith gets about 10 a year average ... 2nd most important position on the field in my eyes though. If you have a 20 million dollar Qb you better pay someone to protect him

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the OP even thinking this? All the people that you cut to free up cap space, you will need to replace, that will take up some of that cap space, not to mention your rookies. I am not sure it is even possible for the Cowboys to be able to free up enough space to sign Byrd (Cowboys are 17 million over), let alone free up enough to do that and replace/sign rookies.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't think he will

And I'm not in love with Dez like ALOT of Cowboys fans are. I'm tired of the babysitter squad we put around... I'm tired of the sideline shit

I'm tired of Drama in Dallas period .... If you are going to Superbowls ... You find a way to deal with
If you are 8-8 with cap issues ....... You dont ..... That's my opinion.

He wants Johnson and Fitz money ..... I don't think he is worth what Mike Wallace got ( who is over paid as well)

I lock Smith up ( the guy doesn't miss games) and we have a strong YOUNG O-line for years to come.

and I think Smith gets about 10 a year average ... 2nd most important position on the field in my eyes though. If you have a 20 million dollar Qb you better pay someone to protect him

Jerry aint letting Smith or Dez go anywhere

#NON ISSUE

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry aint letting Smith or Dez go anywhere

#NON ISSUE

So between Romo Smith and Dez ..... you're looking at 50 million

Add in Carr at 12

62 million

Leaving you (currently) 71 million to pay to the other 48 players?

Not even 2 million each

Would be the DUMBEST Move in Cowboys History

We aren't talking about pretty much unstoppable Johnson ....

We are talking about a 1200-1300 yard a year receiver ( That has sideline rants ..... and has a babysitting crew follow him around in public not to mention gives up and walks off the field .... or even talking about his back issues)

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our fan base has the same problem Jerry does .... falling in love with certain players

Because of POSSIBLE potential

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
II say no to Byrd. Very few of these high priced FA ever are worth it. We are paying Carr a shitload of money to play a zone scheme which has been a disaster. I got Matt Johnson down as a breakout player. He has the athletic ability and smarts to be a force in this defense

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our fan base has the same problem Jerry does .... falling in love with certain players

Because of POSSIBLE potential

No one knows what the contract will be & Dez in a better offense would be a Top 3 WR hands down, not his fault he was drafted to the circus...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows what the contract will be & Dez in a better offense would be a Top 3 WR hands down, not his fault he was drafted to the circus...

I like Dez and want him to remain in Dallas, but he is a KEY PERFORMER for the Circus in Dallas. Hell hes one of the headliners.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Dez Bryant. He seems to have back issues that a younger player should not have. It may be wise to trade him,but it wont happen. Trading dez would not be Romo friendly. Cowboys need to continue to draft DL and OL early and often. If the Cowboys would commit to Murray and Dunbar they could control games instead of giving them away. I would love to see Donald and a healthy ware rush the passer and have Carter as the middle linebacker

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well then ship his ass off to a better offense and some some extra picks in this draft.

2 best teams in football right now Seattle and San Fran

Both built through the trenches and running game ....

Then added pieces .... not the other way around

I don't play fantasy football ..... I care about wins not FF points.

This is an 8-8 fucking team.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odds are better that Dez will be in jail before ever becoming a top 3 wr in Dallas.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dez and want him to remain in Dallas, but he is a KEY PERFORMER for the Circus in Dallas. Hell hes one of the headliners.

Yep the best Freak of talent they have to offer, sad they don't know how to utilize it properly. Maybe the new OC can, he has experience dealing with freaks....

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Dez and Ware and letting go Spencer, Hatcher and Austin would be the best thing this organization could do for the future.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the best Freak of talent they have to offer, sad they don't know how to utilize it properly. Maybe the new OC can, he has experience dealing with freaks....

All he has to do it teach him ....

How to run routes
Not drop wide open passes
Not cry on the sideline

and not leave games early

oh yeah he's worth 15-20 million a year back problems and all

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Dallas let Dez walk 31 other teams including the Lions would be more than happy to make room for him at the price he wants. Dez is the second best WR in the NFL, Romo not wanting to trust Dez to come down with the ball limits Dez, not his problem. ONLY reason I like the Scott L hire is because he will force Dez the ball as he should. Dez is the best player on this circus of a team and I won't argue with that.