• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarius Byrd

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends how close they are. If you have a bunch of players close then the exact order doesn't mean much at all. But, if you have a guy as a 1st rounder and the rest as 2nd or 3rd rounders you take the 1st rounder or you look at trade options. I feel pretty confident that there will be a player we are pretty high on at a position other than QB or TE there for us at #16. As for the WRs, Watkins is the only one I'd touch at #16 for us. We aren't likely to win a SB this year, so I hope we stop building our team as if we are...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yes he fits better in the 3-4 defense but with so many teams playing hybrid systems these days you need guys who can play multiple positions. Ford could play SLB in the base defense then move to DE when the team gets into passing situations"

NOW FOCUS!
THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT DALLAS AT 16

15 players are off the board, budget 3 QB's, 2/3 Wide receivers and 2/3 OT's off the board and tell me how in the hell THIS TEAM takes a flyer on Ford with what you stated above?

Cmon.../.don't be like the patriot fan who travels from board to board dropping is wisdom on all things NFL. Frankly, you're wrong and only impressing yourself here cause the point remains the pick at 16.... no way in hell is that Dee Ford unless your broncos trade with Dallas and throw in your 2nd round pick. I mean, since your broncos are what every team inspires to be and only a Dee Ford away from greatness and all.
This is one of your dumbest post ever, and that is really saying something. If Donald and Dix are gone, Ealy and Ford would be great picks at 16. Ford is now being projected in the top 10. He's within 15 lbs of Clowney, stronger, just as fast, and more productive on the field. The key to RM's defense is getting pressure from the front 4 and you are saying a guy that may average 12-15 sacks in his prime would be a bad pick for this defense. :L

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opinions vary.........no Dee Ford for this Dallas team.

dumbest post ever???????
that would be a suggestion to draft a tweener to replace Ware at 16 and call it a break even towards the second round.
lol...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ford is now being projected in the top 10. He's within 15 lbs of Clowney, stronger, just as fast, and more productive on the field"

oh tay, got you down, instant stardom. Lets swap Ware for Ford

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ford is now being projected in the top 10. He's within 15 lbs of Clowney, stronger, just as fast, and more productive on the field"

oh tay, got you down, instant stardom. Lets swap Ware for Ford

Clip and save till the day after the Super Bowl. I'd be willing to bet my SportsHoopla membership against yours that Ford, providing he doesn't get hurt, has 8 sacks or more as a rookie. Bet??????

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clip and save till the day after the Super Bowl. I'd be willing to bet my SportsHoopla membership against yours that Ford, providing he doesn't get hurt, has 8 sacks or more as a rookie. Bet??????

No Eric, no bet and not the point anyways......nice spin

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right....just like Lindale Texas. Your terms

now clueless, think about it.....you plastered 12 to 15 sacks for a guy who would be a reach for Dallas at 16 and spin it to a bet on 8 sacks??

so eric like.............my God you're easy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right....just like Lindale Texas. Your terms

now clueless, think about it.....you plastered 12 to 15 sacks for a guy who would be a reach for Dallas at 16 and spin it to a bet on 8 sacks??

so eric like.............my God you're easy.

:L PDay, I know your reading skills are pretty weak, so I will walk you through this.....I said 12-15 sacks ''in his prime''. I said 8 in his rookie year. Get your nurse to walk you through the big words, you'll get it soon enough.
:clap::clap::clap:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....OH, so I guess "your prediction" of 8 sacks was 4 post back.

WOW....my point all along was Dallas at 16.
matters to me if he backs into 8 sacks on the right team next year. He isn't worth the pick at 16 for Dallas. I also don't think Ford gets drafted top 10, nor do I think he averages 12/15 "in his prime"

but, but....keep playing the smarter guy card. The football points ain't working so good for ya.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you make the bet 8 sacks as a DE in a 4-3 his rookie year ...... I'll take that bet with you

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you make the bet 8 sacks as a DE in a 4-3 his rookie year ...... I'll take that bet with you

Unlike PDay, I'd actually hate to see you go, even though we disagree on some things, at least you have a strong opinion. But I will make the 4-3 scheme bet with one provision. He gets credit for his sacks no matter where they line him up. You know enough football that all 4-3 teams play 3-4, some play 1 or 2 man line sets. The Giants will line DE's up at DT. The kid is a pass rusher, I'm sure he will line up all over, but if a 4-3 team takes him, I'll still take the bet

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike PDay, I'd actually hate to see you go, even though we disagree on some things, at least you have a strong opinion. But I will make the 4-3 scheme bet with one provision. He gets credit for his sacks no matter where they line him up. You know enough football that all 4-3 teams play 3-4, some play 1 or 2 man line sets. The Giants will line DE's up at DT. The kid is a pass rusher, I'm sure he will line up all over, but if a 4-3 team takes him, I'll still take the bet

Ill give him credit for everyone he gets from the D-line ..... None from linebacker

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill give him credit for everyone he gets from the D-line ..... None from linebacker

Then no bet. If he came to the Cowboys, and keep Ware, there will be times when they both line up at DE, and there will be times on 3rd and long when they play a 3 man front and rush them both from OLB. The fact that you don't want the bet on 8 sacks straight up verifies how good a prospect this kid is. If the Cowboys took this kid at 16 and he contributed 8 freaking sacks as a rookie, who cares if it comes from DE, OLB or CB lol. 8 sacks as a rook is kick as and would justify the pick either way

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then no bet. If he came to the Cowboys, and keep Ware, there will be times when they both line up at DE, and there will be times on 3rd and long when they play a 3 man front and rush them both from OLB. The fact that you don't want the bet on 8 sacks straight up verifies how good a prospect this kid is. If the Cowboys took this kid at 16 and he contributed 8 freaking sacks as a rookie, who cares if it comes from DE, OLB or CB lol. 8 sacks as a rook is kick as and would justify the pick either way

No it verifies I think he is a 3-4 OLber .... and I think he is going to be a good one.

I do not think he is a 4-3 DE

Plus even if he was bigger. Rookie D-lineman wear down more than any other position their rookie years as the year goes on.

And as I said in the other post. Rod doesn't switch to a 3-4 in any condition. He has no place on this team.
Think they said the other day on average Rod blitzes only 9% of the time. And that includes corner safety and Lbers

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it verifies I think he is a 3-4 OLber .... and I think he is going to be a good one.

I do not think he is a 4-3 DE

Plus even if he was bigger. Rookie D-lineman wear down more than any other position their rookie years as the year goes on.

And as I said in the other post. Rod doesn't switch to a 3-4 in any condition. He has no place on this team.
Think they said the other day on average Rod blitzes only 9% of the time. And that includes corner safety and Lbers

20 posts back, I said the reason Ford would make sense for the Cowboys is that they have to get pressure from their front four in Rod's Defensive scheme. If the Cowboys cut Ware, where's the pressure gonna come from? And before you say Donald, remember you have the Cowboys taking Dix in the 1st round.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 posts back, I said the reason Ford would make sense for the Cowboys is that they have to get pressure from their front four in Rod's Defensive scheme. If the Cowboys cut Ware, where's the pressure gonna come from? And before you say Donald, remember you have the Cowboys taking Dix in the 1st round.

Crawford ..... Who I was high on before last year

Ware if he stays

Selvie put up more sacks than anyone not named Hatcher last year

I'm also high on Kareem Martin in the draft if Ware did leave ..... I actually thinks when it comes to a 4-3 he is a better DE than Ford at the pro level

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rod, or ron or rob will be the least of our problems this season if we don't suffer massive injuries again.
The stupidest plan would be to reach for Ford at 16 cause we cut ware.

that's like years ago jerry drafting Bennett in round 2 cause he traded a solid back up TE to MIA, but that may be because I don't think Ware is dead. Funniest post may of been the point that Ware would be better with quality, like Matthews or Watts playing on the other side. Shit...was Matthews better than ware last year? :L