• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jadeveon Clowney

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at this deal and the Clark trade as a package this might be the pinnacle of peak Schneider. Simply stunning turnaround with almost zero future risk.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot negotiate a new deal until after the season. He's gotta play this year on the franchise tag 1 year deal.

Hopefully he really likes it here and wants to stay long term... I think he’s gonna really like the culture here...

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. It allows us to have a try and buy season without Clowney demanding that we pay him a zillion dollars.
a zillion long term dollars sure. I still really love the deal. I just thought we would sign him and immediately restructure. If he is a one and done then we lose a 3rd rounder and a promising young player for him. Still worth it if this puts us over the edge in a superbowl run.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a zillion long term dollars sure. I still really love the deal. I just thought we would sign him and immediately restructure. If he is a one and done then we lose a 3rd rounder and a promising young player for him. Still worth it if this puts us over the edge in a superbowl run.

Chances are if we lose him we would recoup a compensatory pick likely in the 3rd so that could theoretically be a wash. Really it’s one year of Clowney for Mingo and Martin........uhhhh, I’d say that’s a killer deal.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are if we lose him we would recoup a compensatory pick likely in the 3rd so that could theoretically be a wash. Really it’s one year of Clowney for Mingo and Martin........uhhhh, I’d say that’s a killer deal.
yeah that's a good point, with the compensation pick we're pretty much getting a free year outta him

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade and it's a contract year so we're going to get his very best this season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey i am totally fine with this trade. Hell Seattle still has 4 picks in the first 3 rounds of the 2020 draft! one 1st two 2nds and now one 3rd ( they had 2 ) and still should have 10 picks with the comp picks added.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of people saying that we got a steal... Is it really a steal? if he gets hurt we're screwed... We had to cut, trade away a lot of our depth at multiple positions... We had to trade Martin, Mingo... Had to cut Marsh, Taylor, Geno, J. brown to make cap room for Clowney… That is a lot of quality and experience at depth...

With that said, barring injury, we're going to have one hell of a front seven when Reed returns...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great deal and JS knows how to take advantage of a situation. He saw that Duane Brown wasnt coming to camp and was getting into it with the owner and was able to pull a solid deal. Now with clowney nixed the deal with miami with some kind of no trade clause JS took advantage of it and sold low.

Now if he only puts up 8-9 sacks and the defense looks average and he wants a ton of money then its obvious we should let him walk and take the 3rd round comp pick. If he has a career season because he changes from LB to DE and has 12-14 sacks and our defense looks good then I am for paying him and giving him a 4-5 year deal the guy is only 26. I wasnt excited about this season because our defense looks like a mess and I dont see to much veteran leadership other than Wagner and KJ. I think we are pretty good on cap space at the end of the season we can use it on him to keep him here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of people saying that we got a steal... Is it really a steal? if he gets hurt we're screwed... We had to cut, trade away a lot of our depth at multiple positions... We had to trade Martin, Mingo... Had to cut Marsh, Taylor, Geno, J. brown to make cap room for Clowney… That is a lot of quality and experience at depth...

With that said, barring injury, we're going to have one hell of a front seven when Reed returns...

The only player you mentioned that I'm even slightly sad to see go is Martin who has upside.

Geno is likely going to be back on the roster in a couple of days once the trade goes through.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he gets hurt, we are pretty much at the same spot we would be before the trade except for Mingo & Martin. I liked Martin's upside, but 90% of fans around the league don't even know who he is. I feel this is a low risk, high reward trade. Before we made it, we were probably a solid wild card pick and maybe a 50/50 for the division. Now, I think this is a serious SB contender. I checked the line on the Cincy game this morning. We are favored by 9.5, the biggest spread of week 1.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Geno might get picked back up, maybe a restructure ? That's what I'm hearing anyway's ...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he walks next year

I was blown away by that half the price payment plan. I'm happy we have him and an instant boost to the line in a big way but how does the Texans owner sign off on that? Maybe next year Seattle's FO can get Hopkins for a 4th.

Texans owner will sign off on that by signing O'Briens firing notice.....