• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jadeveon Clowney

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow total r*pe by the Seahawks. It almost feels like a work of fiction it's so sweet in the Seahawks favor.

It's one of those trade where I simply can't comprehend how it happened. Did Clowney say he would only go to Seattle?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of those trade where I simply can't comprehend how it happened. Did Clowney say he would only go to Seattle?
Starting to appear that way or very close. I'm also wondering how much influence Duane Brown may have had.

Maybe next year we can trade Jason Myers for JJ Watt.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, in John Schneider's basement..........

81-815728_bloody-pentagram-png-clip-stock-satanic-pentagram.jpg

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle and Philly is where he wanted to go. Miami had the better trade on the table but Clowney wouldn't sign his tender to be traded there. Still not sure what Philly offered if any except of the usual rumors before the trade happened.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and Philly is where he wanted to go. Miami had the better trade on the table but Clowney wouldn't sign his tender to be traded there. Still not sure what Philly offered if any except of the usual rumors before the trade happened.

No doubt Philly made some kinda play, Isn't Philly kinda tight on the cap right now though ?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien is acting like a GM.
Seems he is also acting like an idiot......

Texans fans might not have to wait long for him to be gone with a slow start out of the gates

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. That was a good deal for Seattle because if Clowney walks in FA, you guys will get that third back in a compensatory no doubt. I guess Pete and company want to load up to stop the LA offense cold.

Can't stop that offense cold, talented group... BUT we now have 2 legit pass rushers on the edge, plus our first round pick Collier who hopefully pans out as another decent pass rusher , you can never have enough of those... Seahawks front 7 is a pretty dangerous group now...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the ONLY reason this trade went down was the hawks Promised to NOT franchise Clowney in 2020. I think that is the main reason so much had to be done by the Texans. This is a 1 year rental and the Hawks knew it and giving up two players they liked. Martin's snap totals weren’t high, but the fact that he was able to get a very high amount of pressure in those limited snaps is a thing that the Seahawks looked forward to. His Pressure percentage on his very limited snaps was outstanding and Martin is young and locked up for many more years CHEAP. Yes he is now Clowney but He might very well become a star.

in very limited snaps he had 2 FF 1 FR 9 tackles 3 sacks and 2 tackles for loss. He was a baller

Last edited:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the ONLY reason this trade went down was the hawks Promised to NOT franchise Clowney in 2020. I think that is the main reason so much had to be done by the Texans. This is a 1 year rental and the Hawks knew it and giving up two players they liked. Martin's snap totals weren’t high, but the fact that he was able to get a high pressure percentage is a thing that the Seahawks looked forward to. His Pressure percentage on his very limited snaps was outstanding and Martin is young and locked up for many more years CHEAP. Yes he is now Clowney but He might very well become a star.

in very limited snaps he had 2 FF 1 FR 9 tackles 3 sacks and 2 tackles for loss. He was a baller

Looking forward to March when you try to spin this as some kind of "I told you so" Nostradumbass post.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to March when you try to spin this as some kind of "I told you so" Nostradumbass post.

who shit in your wheaties this morning?

I was just adding to the discussion and you are bent out of shape. lol strange.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the ONLY reason this trade went down was the hawks Promised to NOT franchise Clowney in 2020. I think that is the main reason so much had to be done by the Texans. This is a 1 year rental and the Hawks knew it and giving up two players they liked. Martin's snap totals weren’t high, but the fact that he was able to get a very high amount of pressure in those limited snaps is a thing that the Seahawks looked forward to. His Pressure percentage on his very limited snaps was outstanding and Martin is young and locked up for many more years CHEAP. Yes he is now Clowney but He might very well become a star.

We most certainly did NOT give up 2 players we really liked. Mingo was likely going to be cut and was playing with the 2nd team in pre-season. Martin is a good young player who will likely never be more than a start quality player on the right team. Martin was a situational player last year so his pressure numbers are good because he played overwhelmingly in pass heavy situations.

Regardless of whether we agreed to not franchise Clowney next year or not, we weren't going to tag him anyway.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We most certainly did NOT give up 2 players we really liked. Mingo was likely going to be cut and was playing with the 2nd team in pre-season. Martin is a good young player who will likely never be more than a start quality player on the right team. Martin was a situational player last year so his pressure numbers are good because he played overwhelmingly in pass heavy situations.

Regardless of whether we agreed to not franchise Clowney next year or not, we weren't going to tag him anyway.

Martins pressure percentage was HIGH on passing downs, they did a article on it before or right after the draft. He was close to tops in the league for pressure % so yes limited snaps but solid production in those snaps. The LIKED Martin and i am sorry you do not feel that way. Mingo was moved to a rusher because they needed players there and LB was crowded. They knew he was a solid back up LB but they needed rushing numbers. They liked his skill set as a rusher off the edge and said just that when they moved him there. I some times wonder if any of you read anything other than ESPN. Mingo and Martin were not getting cut, but they knew they needed a true DE and so they made this no brainer trade and raped the Texans for a 1 year rental.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martins pressure percentage was HIGH on passing downs, they did a article on it before or right after the draft. He was close to tops in the league for pressure % so yes limited snaps but solid production in those snaps. The LIKED Martin and i am sorry you do not feel that way. Mingo was moved to a rusher because they needed players there and LB was crowded. They knew he was a solid back up LB but they needed rushing numbers. They liked his skill set as a rusher off the edge and said just that when they moved him there. I some times wonder if any of you read anything other than ESPN. Mingo and Martin were not getting cut, but they knew they needed a true DE and so they made this no brainer trade and raped the Texans for a 1 year rental.
For the record, :ohwell:, are you saying we should trade for Clowney or not!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say they were going to cut Calitro. And I love the little passive/aggressive "I guess you only read ESPN so don't know as much as I do". Very typical of you. Mingo was due 4 million dollars this year. We weren't going to pay him that to sit on the bench which was what he was going to do REGARDLESS of what position he played. And to be clear he was signed to be a PASS RUSHER which he simply wasn't very good at.

As for whether Mingo was going to be cut..
Seahawks cuts: who wins between Mingo and Griffin?
Barkevious Mingo has 'been a little bit quiet' this preseason
‘I came into this league to rush the passer’: Behind the Seahawks’ plan for Barkevious Mingo this year

Plenty more "non-ESPN" sources saying the same thing. So perhaps you should read more sources.

Everyone here has said they were sorry to see Martin go. He was a nice player.

I get that you think you are Mr. "Keepin it real" here but this might be your worst attempt at playing both sides. This was a home run deal for the Seahawks. Maybe Clowney blows out his knee in the shower tomorrow and never plays a down for the Seahwks. Maybe Martin will develop into the next LT. But given that both of those events are pretty unlikely and a team can only play the percentages, trying to suggest that this was anything but a great move is absurd.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, :ohwell:, are you saying we should trade for Clowney or not!

yes with out a doubt trade for him, this was a no brainer move. Just saying the Hawks didn't like those players they used to trade for them is just trying to make the fleece job look even better, No need to do that. The Hawks raped the Texans.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes with out a doubt trade for him, this was a no brainer move. Just saying the Hawks didn't like those players they used to trade for them is just trying to make the fleece job look even better, No need to do that. The Hawks raped the Texans.

Again, we all agree that Martin was a player that had value and we didn't want to lose.

Mingo was on the cut bubble and marginal player. This isn't an attempt to bash him. Just the truth.