• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Your creampuffs are creampuffier than our creampuffs."

Too bad you can't be proud bevo has the balls to regularly schedule good opponents OOC.

I doubt he could name the OOC opponents for Texas without Google handy.

Hell, I doubt he’s been to Austin.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we to measure "good" if not by looking at the number of quality opponents faced? Quality opponents (ie ranked) is what the selection committee looks to. If that's not the measure, what is? 18 ranked opponents including 9 top 10 and two national champs in 20 years OOC is very strong.

I don't disagree with you that the majority of UF's strength of schedule is the SEC slate but the OOC schedule has more quality opponents on it than all but a handful of other programs too.

Measuring by what you said all competition OOC. But that doesn’t mean because almost everyone else has a shit OOC that we can start calling people slightly better OOC games a good OOC schedule.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since the stadium in Jacksonville is smaller than the swamp how so? TIAA field aka EverBank field seats roughly 82000 when expanded.. Ben Hill-Griffen sits 99,800.. and they both have to pay for the use of the field.

You have to pay? Pay what? I highly doubt if UF is in the tank budget wise with not getting 7 home games as dr has stated you guys would be paying to play one of your biggest rivals in a neutral site game every year.

I have no doubts the Jags stadium is smaller than the swamp. But you get a check every year for playing that neutral site game. Compare that with Georgia being a home game every other year and you guys both make out on that. You in particular because it stays in the state of Florida.

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do what neil is too chicken to do. I will post Texas' number of ranked OOC opponents scheduled in the last 20 years.

1998 UCLA #6
2005 Ohio State #4
2006 Ohio State #2
2014 UCLA #10
2015 Notre Dame #11
2017 Southern Cal #12

6 total ranked. 3 top 10 for Texas. vs 18 ranked and 9 top 10 for UF.

This is what neil doesn't want to talk about. Texas' OOC schedule is not even in the same galaxy as UF's.

I invite any and everybody to check my work. I will admit to being wrong if you can show me where I missed one.

2017 Texas Longhorns Schedule and Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

2017 final AP poll

I'm open to a similar comparison with any of the other teams you listed though I'm not going to spend more time running the numbers for more.

Wasn’t BYU in there once or twice? Ethier way I retract Texas. I thought they played more but I guess not. I admit I was wrong there.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Measuring by what you said all competition OOC. But that doesn’t mean because almost everyone else has a shit OOC that we can start calling people slightly better OOC games a good OOC schedule.

How do you compare then? Is everybody to be compared against some hypothetical OOC schedule featuring pretty much nothing but good opponents?....are we to do that even though no program schedules that way?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you compare then? Is everybody to be compared against some hypothetical OOC schedule featuring pretty much nothing but good opponents?....are we to do that even though no program schedules that way?

Yep.

Unless you play OU, Clemson, tOSU, and ND OOC your schedule is garbage.

Sure sucks that everyone’s schedule is garbage. But hey, there’s always the Coen Brothers to provide entertainment...

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t BYU in there once or twice? Ethier way I retract Texas. I thought they played more but I guess not. I admit I was wrong there.

BYU was on there twice (if not more). They just didn't finish ranked those years.

Its going to be the same deal with most programs....the random home and home matchup gets a lot of attention but there are plenty of years when their "big" OOC opponent is crap.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you schedule 2 FCS teams per year you are pretty much scheduling crap. You are not even trying to schedule quality games.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he could name the OOC opponents for Texas without Google handy.

Hell, I doubt he’s been to Austin.
Ahh you do know Bama is on a home-&-home schedule with us ??? Perhaps you r the one who needs a search engine. Or r you saying Bama is not a quality team lol.

DR doesn’t even live in Florida — I was at DKR 2 days ago. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolz … holy shet. This thing got 35 pages.

Somebody wanna give me the Cliff's notes version? :hockeysmile:

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh you do know Bama is on a home-&-home schedule with us ??? Perhaps you r the one who needs a search engine. Or r you saying Bama is not a quality team lol.

DR doesn’t even live in Florida — I was at DKR 2 days ago. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

I couldn’t care less what you think of Alabama. They’re in the CFP again, while Texas is an also ran. Again. You’re posting about UF. Again. You’re stuff is stale. Again. And I think you are a liar. Again.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you schedule 2 FCS teams per year you are pretty much scheduling crap. You are not even trying to schedule quality games.

and yet even without trying, UF has scheduled THREE TIMES as many ranked opponents as Bevo in the last 20 years. What does that say about Bevo? Is Texas actively running away from quality opponents?

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn’t care less what you think of Alabama. They’re in the CFP again, while Texas is an also ran. Again. You’re posting about UF. Again. You’re stuff is stale. Again. And I think you are a liar. Again.
No one could make up something like playing 2FCS teams in consecutive years. But if ignoring facts and hiding your head in the sand works for you —ok by me???

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet even without trying, UF has scheduled THREE TIMES as many ranked opponents as Bevo in the last 20 years. What does that say about Bevo? Is Texas actively running away from quality opponents?

My team continues scheduling FBS OOC home-&-home series against almost any school —- rather than 2 FCS teams per year.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one could make up something like playing 2FCS teams in consecutive years. But if ignoring facts and hiding your head in the sand works for you —ok by me???

Being ok by you is a joke. Troll somewhere else and fuck off.