• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be stupid not to. There is no reason for UF's athletic department to miss out on millions of needed dollars it could otherwise make in order to strengthen an OOC schedule that ALREADY sees UF consistently play more ranked opponents than all but a handful of other schools in America.

For the record, I didn't start down the road to a pissing contest and I'm more than happy to stop anytime you are.

Ok so they don’t need to. Thank you for admitting that.

You went full throttle on it. I’m good to continue or stop. Truly I don’t care. But telling everyone UF has a good OOC schedule and they need 7 home games survive is beyond false.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not dumbass that’s the difference. I know my team plays a crap OOC. The difference is I can admit it. Compare all you want, UF plays a shit OOC schedule.

You just claim it as though it were a fact when all we can actually show is that UF plays more final ranked opponents than all but a handful of other teams across America. You're being a dumbass to claim UF plays a bad schedule when you say nothing about all the programs including your own which play worse schedules.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a benefit to your sos, our argument dipshit. An people lose to bad teams too. Shit you guys did a few years ago. Acting like having a (usually) ranked FSU on your OOC schedule is so terrible more than makes my argument. UF has a horrid OOC, so does WVU.

Its a benefit to our SOS but we have to actually play those teams. Ranked opponents are far more likely to beat you dumbass. You claim UF's OOC is horrid....well then what about all those others....about 125 Division I programs that play a WORSE OOC schedule? There are only 4 or 5 better.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so they don’t need to. Thank you for admitting that.

You went full throttle on it. I’m good to continue or stop. Truly I don’t care. But telling everyone UF has a good OOC schedule and they need 7 home games survive is beyond false.

How the hell do you measure an OOC schedule? The quality of the opponents is the only way. By that measure, UF's OOC schedule is better than all but a handful of other teams in America.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just claim it as though it were a fact when all we can actually show is that UF plays more final ranked opponents than all but a handful of other teams across America. You're being a dumbass to claim UF plays a bad schedule when you say nothing about all the programs including your own which play worse schedules.

I didn’t say bad schedule. I said bad OOC schedule. UF for the better part of 20 years has relied on an instate rival to be ranked and be their marque matchup. One damn team. You are a dumbass for saying UF plays a good OOC schedule. They don’t, especially considering 75% of their OOC schedule most years is garbage.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a benefit to our SOS but we have to actually play those teams. Ranked opponents are far more likely to beat you dumbass. You claim UF's OOC is horrid....well then what about all those others....about 125 Division I programs that play a WORSE OOC schedule? There are only 4 or 5 better.

There are more than 4 or 5 that are better. Hell a bunch of G5 OOC schedules are easily better. No shit ranked teams are more likely to beat you, but it helps your sos to play them. Again our argument.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell do you measure an OOC schedule? The quality of the opponents is the only way. By that measure, UF's OOC schedule is better than all but a handful of other teams in America.

All opponents not just the ranked one you keep clamoring too. UFs OOC schedule is not good. You just can’t admit it.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say bad schedule. I said bad OOC schedule. UF for the better part of 20 years has relied on an instate rival to be ranked and be their marque matchup. One damn team. You are a dumbass for saying UF plays a good OOC schedule. They don’t, especially considering 75% of their OOC schedule most years is garbage.

Get this through your head. Most teams only play one "good" OOC opponent per year. For most teams their rotating "good" OOC opponent is nowhere near as good as fsu has been on a consistent basis for decades. That's why UF plays more final ranked OOC opponents than all but a handful of other schools in America. If UF's OOC schedules suck, the the OOC schedules of about 125 Division I teams suck worse....because only about 4 or 5 teams play more ranked OOC opponents than UF has.

Variety and Quality are not the same thing.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are more than 4 or 5 that are better. Hell a bunch of G5 OOC schedules are easily better. No shit ranked teams are more likely to beat you, but it helps your sos to play them. Again our argument.

Who are all those that are better? There aren't many. I'll acknowledge Southern Cal. fsu is another. There really aren't very many more. Go ahead and look up Texas and Ohio State and any of a number of G5 programs and others. 18 ranked in 20 years is a very high number. There really aren't many others who face that many.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All opponents not just the ranked one you keep clamoring too. UFs OOC schedule is not good. You just can’t admit it.

Oh I admit the others are usually weak. About 1/3rd of the time since the 12th game was added, UF plays a second OOC toughie (miami 4 times so far with another coming up and Michigan once). The other 2/3rds of the time the rest other than fsu are cupcakes. Its the same for almost every other program out there...one toughie and the rest pushovers.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DR … you need to just take a breath and look at it again. You are defending a OOC schedule that includes:

1. Colorado St. - a 3-9 team that finished next to last in the MWC Conference, Mountain Division.

2. FSU - a 5-7 team that finished next to last in the AAC Conference, Atlantic Division.

3. And 2 FCS Teams.

Most Knowledgeable College Football fans would have trouble finding a "handful of teams" with a worse OOC schedule.

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho.

Lee.

Fuck.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DR … you need to just take a breath and look at it again. You are defending a OOC schedule that includes:

1. Colorado St. - a 3-9 team that finished next to last in the MWC Conference, Mountain Division.

2. FSU - a 5-7 team that finished next to last in the AAC Conference, Atlantic Division.

3. And 2 FCS Teams.

Most Knowledgeable College Football fans would have trouble finding a "handful of teams" with a worse OOC schedule.

How many ranked OOC opponents for Texas in the last 20 years neil?

Its a simple question. You should be able to answer it. Show us.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many ranked OOC opponents for Texas in the last 20 years neil?

Its a simple question. You should be able to answer it. Show us.

:lol:

Neil NEVER discusses “his team”.

Of course, if my team’s finest moment over the last decade were “if only Colt didn’t get hurt”, I’d talk about something else as well.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Neil NEVER discusses “his team”.

Of course, if my team’s finest moment over the last decade were “if only Colt didn’t get hurt”, I’d talk about something else as well.

You might find 1 FBS team we have played in the last 20 years (you would have to look hard for it)

...and you will find we play home-&-home series with almost any one including Bama … (You will have to explain to DR what "home-&-home series is.)

You are using the sec trick of when you can not disagree with the facts of a post you attack the character of the op or their team -- trying to change the subject (old sec ploy)

The Topic of this thread is 2 FBS Games and Florida and that is not in dispute. I believe I am staying on topic … I will be happy to write about my team should you wish to start a thread about them...

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might find 1 FBS team we have played in the last 20 years (you would have to look hard for it)

...and you will find we play home-&-home series with almost any one including Bama … (You will have to explain to DR what "home-&-home series is.)

You are using the sec trick of when you can not disagree with the facts of a post you attack the character of the op or their team -- trying to change the subject (old sec ploy)

The Topic of this thread is 2 FBS Games and Florida and that is not in dispute. I believe I am staying on topic … I will be happy to write about my team should you wish to start a thread about them...

No, I was agreeing with DR.

All you EVER have done is spew shit about Bama, UF, and TAMU. You never say shit about “your team” because all you have is flaming those other 3.

You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t care about your opinion of my posts. Ignore them. But as long as you flame those 3 programs, I will call your dumbass out for it. If you don’t like it, good. GFY

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need 7 home games in most years to meet our budgetary requirements aside from the WLOCP which is not a home game.

This has been gone over st least a dozen times in this thread already.
Let me see if I have this correct. Every year Florida needs the revenue from 7 home games PLUS the revenue from the WLOCP in order to meet budgetary requirements. Correct?

So similarly, schools that play an annual rivalry game at a neutral site would also need the same. Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Army, Navy, Texas Tech and Baylor (that's all I can think of that do so) all need the annual revenue of 7 home games PLUS the annual revenue from their neutral site rivalry game in order to meet budgetary requirements. Correct?

Well then, Georgia and Florida are the only ones that are meeting budgetary requriements because those are the only schools on that list that have such. The rest are running deficit budgets I guess. Poor ole Oklahoma and Texas just have to cut back because they only have 6 home games of revenue and the revenue from the RRSO! Gosh I don't see how they make it by not having the additional revenue from that other game.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A season ticket for Gator fans will get you a seat to watch:

U.T. Martin Skyhawk (a BCS Team) at home
Tenn. (which won 2 sec games this year (last place) at home
Towson Tigers (a BCS Team) at home
Auburn (a quality team at home)
Vanderbilt (next to last place in sec won 3 sec games)
Florida State …
How much does that slate of home games cost a tail draggin' lizard fan? $25? 100 pesos?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this through your head. Most teams only play one "good" OOC opponent per year. For most teams their rotating "good" OOC opponent is nowhere near as good as fsu has been on a consistent basis for decades. That's why UF plays more final ranked OOC opponents than all but a handful of other schools in America. If UF's OOC schedules suck, the the OOC schedules of about 125 Division I teams suck worse....because only about 4 or 5 teams play more ranked OOC opponents than UF has.

Variety and Quality are not the same thing.

An most teams fans aren’t on here saying their OOC is good. Honestly they aren’t. Here you are saying this.

UF plays more final ranked opponents because of their SEC schedule. Their OOC schedule has nearly nothing to do with this.
Playing one ranked OOC opponent isn’t the reason your schedule has more ranked teams on it than anyone.