• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are all those that are better? There aren't many. I'll acknowledge Southern Cal. fsu is another. There really aren't very many more. Go ahead and look up Texas and Ohio State and any of a number of G5 programs and others. 18 ranked in 20 years is a very high number. There really aren't many others who face that many.

I would argue easily Texas, Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma hell even a team like North Carolina who has scheduled two P5’s more often than not.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I admit the others are usually weak. About 1/3rd of the time since the 12th game was added, UF plays a second OOC toughie (miami 4 times so far with another coming up and Michigan once). The other 2/3rds of the time the rest other than fsu are cupcakes. Its the same for almost every other program out there...one toughie and the rest pushovers.

No argument here, but again those fans of teams that do it aren’t making the announcement that their OOC schedule is good.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might find 1 FBS team we have played in the last 20 years (you would have to look hard for it)

...and you will find we play home-&-home series with almost any one including Bama … (You will have to explain to DR what "home-&-home series is.)

You are using the sec trick of when you can not disagree with the facts of a post you attack the character of the op or their team -- trying to change the subject (old sec ploy)

The Topic of this thread is 2 FBS Games and Florida and that is not in dispute. I believe I am staying on topic … I will be happy to write about my team should you wish to start a thread about them...

So how many ranked OOC opponents has Texas scheduled over the last 20 years neil?

You keep ducking the question.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see if I have this correct. Every year Florida needs the revenue from 7 home games PLUS the revenue from the WLOCP in order to meet budgetary requirements. Correct?

Correct.

So similarly, schools that play an annual rivalry game at a neutral site would also need the same. Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Army, Navy, Texas Tech and Baylor (that's all I can think of that do so) all need the annual revenue of 7 home games PLUS the annual revenue from their neutral site rivalry game in order to meet budgetary requirements. Correct?

Who knows? Each school's needs/requirements will be different. No two are in exactly the same position. For example, Texas got a sweetheart deal from ESPN for the longhorn network.

Well then, Georgia and Florida are the only ones that are meeting budgetary requriements because those are the only schools on that list that have such. The rest are running deficit budgets I guess. Poor ole Oklahoma and Texas just have to cut back because they only have 6 home games of revenue and the revenue from the RRSO! Gosh I don't see how they make it by not having the additional revenue from that other game.

Unfortunately for you, your second supposition was far from proven.

UF is in the midst of a capital campaign to pay for $200 million in announced facilities improvements....that is if costs don't rise. Why should UF pass up on $3 million that a home game would raise in order to play on the road more when its schedule is already easily tough enough to make the playoff if it were to win the SEC?

From the AD's perspective, there is no good reason to do so.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An most teams fans aren’t on here saying their OOC is good. Honestly they aren’t. Here you are saying this.

UF plays more final ranked opponents because of their SEC schedule. Their OOC schedule has nearly nothing to do with this.
Playing one ranked OOC opponent isn’t the reason your schedule has more ranked teams on it than anyone.

How are we to measure "good" if not by looking at the number of quality opponents faced? Quality opponents (ie ranked) is what the selection committee looks to. If that's not the measure, what is? 18 ranked opponents including 9 top 10 and two national champs in 20 years OOC is very strong.

I don't disagree with you that the majority of UF's strength of schedule is the SEC slate but the OOC schedule has more quality opponents on it than all but a handful of other programs too.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But most don’t NEED them as you described. Florida playing Georgia every year neutral site banks them more than playing Georgia every other year at home. I’d bet that.

In years when you play FSU at home it’d be easy to schedule a P5 away and then the next year at home. You’d still keep 7 home games.

Your excuses are bullshit.
since the stadium in Jacksonville is smaller than the swamp how so? TIAA field aka EverBank field seats roughly 82000 when expanded.. Ben Hill-Griffen sits 99,800.. and they both have to pay for the use of the field.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue easily Texas, Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma hell even a team like North Carolina who has scheduled two P5’s more often than not.

I'll do what neil is too chicken to do. I will post Texas' number of ranked OOC opponents scheduled in the last 20 years.

1998 UCLA #6
2005 Ohio State #4
2006 Ohio State #2
2014 UCLA #10
2015 Notre Dame #11
2017 Southern Cal #12

6 total ranked. 3 top 10 for Texas. vs 18 ranked and 9 top 10 for UF.

This is what neil doesn't want to talk about. Texas' OOC schedule is not even in the same galaxy as UF's.

I invite any and everybody to check my work. I will admit to being wrong if you can show me where I missed one.

2017 Texas Longhorns Schedule and Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

2017 final AP poll

I'm open to a similar comparison with any of the other teams you listed though I'm not going to spend more time running the numbers for more.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do what neil is too chicken to do. I will post Texas' number of ranked OOC opponents scheduled in the last 20 years.

1998 UCLA #6
2005 Ohio State #4
2006 Ohio State #2
2014 UCLA #10
2015 Notre Dame #11
2017 Southern Cal #12

6 total ranked. 3 top 10 for Texas. vs 18 ranked and 9 top 10 for UF.

This is what neil doesn't want to talk about. Texas' OOC schedule is not even in the same galaxy as UF's.

I invite any and everybody to check my work. I will admit to being wrong if you can show me where I missed one.

2017 Texas Longhorns Schedule and Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

2017 final AP poll

I'm open to a similar comparison with any of the other teams you listed though I'm not going to spend more time running the numbers for more.

oops. Make that 6 ranked and 4 top 10 for Texas rather than 6 and 3. Mea Culpa.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops. Make that 6 ranked and 4 top 10 for Texas rather than 6 and 3. Mea Culpa.
Look like it beats the heck out of playing 2 next to last place teams + 2 FCS teams. We will travel out of state to plays these home-&-home games.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like it beats the heck out of playing 2 next to last place teams + 2 FCS teams. We will travel out of state to plays these home-&-home games.

6 ranked OOC opponents in 20 years for Bevo vs 18 in 20 years for UF.

Isn't it time Texas changed the mascot from a cow to a chicken?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.

Who knows? Each school's needs/requirements will be different. No two are in exactly the same position. For example, Texas got a sweetheart deal from ESPN for the longhorn network.

Unfortunately for you, your second supposition was far from proven.

UF is in the midst of a capital campaign to pay for $200 million in announced facilities improvements....that is if costs don't rise. Why should UF pass up on $3 million that a home game would raise in order to play on the road more when its schedule is already easily tough enough to make the playoff if it were to win the SEC?

From the AD's perspective, there is no good reason to do so.
Poor ole University of Florida. They are just barely scraping by. Next thing you know they'll be feeding their athletes beans out of a can.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was agreeing with DR.

All you EVER have done is spew shit about Bama, UF, and TAMU. You never say shit about “your team” because all you have is flaming those other 3.

You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t care about your opinion of my posts. Ignore them. But as long as you flame those 3 programs, I will call your dumbass out for it. If you don’t like it, good. GFY
Again when you can’t debate the facts of a post you attack the poster or his team. Anything but the topic of the post. Same sec ploy.

R u taking a position that Florida DID NOT play 2 next to last place teams + 2 FCS teams in their OOC Schedule this year??? No I didn’t think so. The facts remain true.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor ole University of Florida. They are just barely scraping by. Next thing you know they'll be feeding their athletes beans out of a can.

Actually the athletic department is quite profitable. That does not mean that the money is not needed for the facilities improvements campaign nor have you provided any justification as to why they should forego $3 million more they could otherwise make every year.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again when you can’t debate the facts of a post you attack the poster or his team. Anything but the topic of the post. Same sec ploy.

R u taking a position that Florida DID NOT play 2 next to last place teams + 2 FCS teams in their OOC Schedule this year??? No I didn’t think so. The facts remain true.

Don't forget when you can't defend your own team's scheduling practices, do your best to never discuss your team and instead obsessively focus on others....even when their schedules are much much tougher than yours.

You've got that one down to a science.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s also a fact that you’re a moronic flaming troll.

Disprove it. Start a thread discussing something other than insulting one of the 3 teams I listed. Until you do, GFY.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget when you can't defend your own team's scheduling practices, do your best to never discuss your team and instead obsessively focus on others....even when their schedules are much much tougher than yours.

You've got that one down to a science.

I’ve yet to start a thread on ANY board attacking Texas. He has yet to start one doing anything BUT attacking UF, Bama, or TAMU.

He just hates being called out for the stupid flaming troll that he is.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve yet to start a thread on ANY board attacking Texas. He has yet to start one doing anything BUT attacking UF, Bama, or TAMU.

He just hates being called out for the stupid flaming troll that he is.
So posting verifiable facts and truth is attacking ... perhaps if A team doesn’t like something —- it shouldn’t do the same thing 2 years in a row for me to point it out.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So posting verifiable facts and truth is attacking ... perhaps if A team doesn’t like something —- it shouldn’t do the same thing 2 years in a row for me to point it out.

Well gosh neil....I posted verifiable facts showing my team has played THREE TIMES as many ranked OOC opponents as yours over the last 20 years. Perhaps you should focus on getting the Texas AD to schedule better OOC opponents for Texas instead of whining about others' schedules.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well gosh neil....I posted verifiable facts showing my team has played THREE TIMES as many ranked OOC opponents as yours over the last 20 years. Perhaps you should focus on getting the Texas AD to schedule better OOC opponents for Texas instead of whining about others' schedules.
and I am proud my tam does not play 2 FCS teams per year ...

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I am proud my tam does not play 2 FCS teams per year ...

"Your creampuffs are creampuffier than our creampuffs."

Too bad you can't be proud bevo has the balls to regularly schedule good opponents OOC.